Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which graphics card?

Options
  • 22-01-2011 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi, Im building gaming pc and wondering what a good graphics card would be. I planned on getting a evga gtx 460 1GB for 164euro or I saw a msi ati 6850 for 152 euro. Which would you get. I will not be over clocking so take that out of the equation.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

the 560 will be out in the next few weeks, the NDA is supposed to lift on the 25th Jan so the cards should be out very soon. I wouldnt make a decision until theyre out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

But they'll be far to expensive so doesn't really do anything for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

But they'll be far to expensive so doesn't really do anything for me
    even if they are they should push the other cards prices down slightly.

Out of the 460/6850, tbh theres very little difference in performance between those cards, so i would base it on price, whether you want Physx + game profiles or if you want a 3 screen setup sometime.

Advertisement