Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fungus on plant where stem meets soil

Options
  • 22-01-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

My mother asked me to find out how she can save a plant she has. It has a dark green fingus around where the stem meets the soil. All of the leaves are turning yellow and dying and the flowers are turning brown and dying too. Plant species is below in the pic.

peace-lily-spathiphyllum.jpg

Can the plan be saved? I would say there are 3 stems max that are still healthy.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Meelich

Hiya, this is a Spathyphyllum or better known as a peace lily. They do like to be moist but they actually need to be in a sunny spot, but not direct sun.

Could it have been overwatered? This sounds like it got too moist to me?

I would cut off all the dead leaves and put it somewhere new but sunnier. Don't repot but remove the top inch or so of compost and replace it with new compost.

Best of luck. They are a lovely plant, one of my favourites. I did a quick google and there are lots of sites with advice on care for them like this one:

http://www.jardinageint.com/TIPSSPATHIPHYLLUM/BRTIPSSPATHIPHYLLUM.htm

Advertisement