Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best restaurant in Dublin

Options
  • 22-01-2011 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I saw this on another forum. Just curiosity really. What are peoples favourite restaurants and why? Hopefully restauranteurs might read the thread and pick up a few ideas for themselves. My fave at the min is Pichets but I have many faves! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The Pig's Ear, One Pico and Pearl Brasserie are my top 3 in no particular order. Well One Pico would be 3rd, but it's a toss up between Pearl and Pig's Ear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Juniors on Bath Avenue for lunch
    Darwin's for steak
    Odessa for meatloaf
    Siam Thai/Koh for Thai food

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

FXB's in Temple Bar is very nice. Reasonably priced, top quality food. Staff are excellent also.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Not my own personal recommendation but lots of people have told be that Shanahans on the Green is amazing... very very pricey though, for two steaks, desserts and a bottle of plonk you're talking circa 250blips... best steak in Ireland though according to my (much more wealthy) buddies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Can you give the addresses for these fine establishments please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Shanahan's on the Green is... on the green! lol! St Stephen's Green, not far from Dandelion I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Wilde - the restaurant in the Westbury. Not cheap but ate there in August and mmm can still remember how amazing my fish was!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Chapter One is the best I think.

Shanahans is hype really - ridiculously overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Elephant & Castle in Temple Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

rednik wrote: »
    Elephant & Castle in Temple Bar.

I agree with elephant and castle. Great burgers, great chicken wings, great beer.

I also love:

Shanahans on the green. It is very expensive but worth it.Well at least once:D

Hard rock cafe: great music, great atmosphere, great food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Yamamori, nom, nom, nom.

Fond of The Larder on Parliment Street but would like it even better if they would do something about the service.

Can't afford to eat in most of the aforementioned places :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭George83

The Winding Stair & Chapter One are great.

Some lovely looking places suggested, I'll bookmark them for my next visit in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

+ 1 for Chapter One.

For cheaper nights out though, my favourites are:

Indian: Jaipur on George's St

Japanese: Yamamori on the quays

Mexican: Acapulco on George's St

Thai: Saba on Clarendon St

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

Have to say I have always had a great meal in Luigi Malones in Temple Bar.. Great food and good prices as well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 likewhine

fartyarse wrote: »
    Shanahan's on the Green is... on the green! lol! St Stephen's Green, not far from Dandelion I believe!
    Don't think ill ever be able to afford shanahans on the green. Anyone ever tried Guillbauds?? Tried his sons restaurant Venu - nice for cocktails but wasn't blown away by the food..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Fire (across from cafe en seine, I can never remember if that's nassau street or dawson street or neither?) is an expensive but delicious place!

I'd also recommend the port house on South WIlliam Street if you're into tapas. It's cheap enough, plus it's tapas, so if you're not full, just order more! Probably better suited to smaller groups since there is a large difference in how long some of the dishes take to come out, but I would definitely recommend it!

Fire (across from cafe en seine, I can never remember if that's nassau street or dawson street or neither?) is an expensive but delicious place!

I'd also recommend the port house on South WIlliam Street if you're into tapas. It's cheap enough, plus it's tapas, so if you're not full, just order more! Probably better suited to smaller groups since there is a large difference in how long some of the dishes take to come out, but I would definitely recommend it!

Oh yeah I love the port house the decor is fab like been in a little cave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭George83

likewhine wrote: »
    Don't think ill ever be able to afford shanahans on the green. Anyone ever tried Guillbauds?? Tried his sons restaurant Venu - nice for cocktails but wasn't blown away by the food..

It's a good few months since I went, but it was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Kingsland/Kingcharlies on dame street for chinese is the best i've tasted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Green19 on camden street ould be my favourite based on the quality of the food and how much I enjoy - especially at €10 for a main course..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Best Thai food HAS to be the Chili Club on St. Annes Lane.

Which reminds me - haven't been in ages. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Les Frere Jacques - I have not been anywhere that can beat it yet!! I will continue to look though!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Love LOVE LOVE Acapulco on Georges street. Amazing food...amazing margaritas! :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

jdivision wrote: »
    Chapter One is the best I think.

You wouldn't wanna be hungry though! Great experience, service and surroundings.

Much enjoyed Chez Max beside Dublin Castle, love Jo Burger in Rathmines for lamb burgers and the atmosphere, and Ciao Bella Roma on Parliament St for good pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Fire is amazing.
    Never had a bad meal in Darwins.
    Yamamori on the Quays
    Sagaar on Harcourt st (amazing Indian food, pity the decor is so drab and the toilets are like that of a dingy metal bar*)

Overall though I think Darwins is the best (love the deep fried squid)

*Not slagging metal bars, its just a fact as I tend to drink in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

le bon crubeen on talbot street is amazing and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

For me

1. The Pigs Ear
    2. Chez Max
    3. Rolys Bistro
    4. L'Gueuleton

All of the above and not necessarily in the order given. It depend on my mood :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

+1 on the Port House, great place!

JoBurger in Rathmines also :D

aw had a lovely lunch in koh today really nice and great service. Was looking for a fine-dining kind of restaurant maybe for the weekend taht won't break the bank has anyone tried Bang?

• Advertisement

Les Frere Jacques - I have not been anywhere that can beat it yet!! I will continue to look though!! :D

Nicest steak I've ever had was here, really really good.

Only eaten in Fallon & Byrnes once but it was very tasty.

Advertisement