Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help needed no audio out?

• 22-01-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

hello,
    i recently bought a 5.1 surround sound system and im having trouble getting my tv to play through it. i have a philips flat tv (i dont have the model num) but i cant seem to find any audio outputs on it.
    the ports i have are
    2x hdmi
    2x scarts
    2x sets of rca connection which both say audio in.....

can anyone give me some advise on how get the audio to work?
    i,ve read that i need a set top box or skybox etc but i thought id ask here first.
    any help is greatly appreciated.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If it has a headphone socket, you could use that. The model number should be on the compliance plate on the back near the power lead socket.

You might have to turn up the volume on the headphone socket a lot, if it has one of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Find the model number and someone here will be able to give you direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

it seems to me that the source of your signal to your tv needs to be connected to your amp then the video out from your amp via hdmi to your tv so if you use sky the the box audio out would got to amp same for chorus but if you use only an aerial to supply signal to your tv you could have a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lav1

dharn wrote: »
    it seems to me that the source of your signal to your tv needs to be connected to your amp then the video out from your amp via hdmi to your tv so if you use sky the the box audio out would got to amp same for chorus but if you use only an aerial to supply signal to your tv you could have a problem

thats the problem right there, i just use the aerial no sky box etc.
    i,ve seen scart connections with adaptors for rca,s would you get audio out from a scart?

The scarts on most TV's are 'inputs' so wouldn't work with an adapter.

Doesn't your set have a headphone socket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lav1

yea it has a head phone socket but when i did connect it i couldnt get any sound from it either, even with headphones. i tried looking through the menu to see if the socket had to be switched on from there but no joy..
    i,ll go at it again tomorrow and see what happens.

Did you use the remote to turn up the volume on the headphone output?

I use the headphone output of my TV into an external sound system and it works a treat.

Advertisement