Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To infinity and beyond

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Mon 4 April

IP warmup x2 plus shoulder stuff.

Testing

First test - mid Nov.
    Weight - 78kg
    Bench - 60kg
    Pull-up - Zero
    Press-ups - 35 in one min
    Inverted row - 11
    TBDL - 130kg
    Skin folds - 135mm

Second test - 30 Jan.

Weight - 79.6kg
    Bench - 65kg
    Pull up - Zero
    Press ups - 37
    Inverted row - 22
    Deadlift - 150kg
    Spider test - 490 metres
    Skinfolds - 135mm

Third test - 4 April

Weight - 76.5kg
    Bench - 65kg - no change.
    Pull up - Five. Up five from last time - improvement * infinity :D
    Press ups - 53 - up by 16.
    Inverted row - 28 - up by 6.
    Deadlift - 140kg - down by 10kg.
    Spider test - 550 metres - up by 60 metres. 105, 95, 90, 90, 85, 85.
    Skinfolds - 106mm - down 29mm.

Review

Absolutely delighted with testing today :cool:

Really happy with the skinfolds and spider in particular. Not fussed about the bench and deadlift as the skinfolds were my priority for the last six weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Ya looked really good on that spider... certainly 'faster' than your score suggests. Definitely bigger numbers to come looking at ya today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Mon 4 April

IP warmup x2 plus shoulder stuff.

Testing

First test - mid Nov.
    Weight - 78kg
    Bench - 60kg
    Pull-up - Zero
    Press-ups - 35 in one min
    Inverted row - 11
    TBDL - 130kg
    Skin folds - 135mm

Second test - 30 Jan.

Weight - 79.6kg
    Bench - 65kg
    Pull up - Zero
    Press ups - 37
    Inverted row - 22
    Deadlift - 150kg
    Spider test - 490 metres
    Skinfolds - 135mm

Third test - 4 April

Weight - 76.5kg
    Bench - 65kg - no change.
    Pull up - Five. Up five from last time - improvement * infinity :D
    Press ups - 53 - up by 16.
    Inverted row - 28 - up by 6.
    Deadlift - 140kg - down by 10kg.
    Spider test - 550 metres - up by 60 metres. 105, 95, 90, 90, 85, 85.
    Skinfolds - 106mm - down 29mm.

Review

Absolutely delighted with testing today :cool:

Really happy with the skinfolds and spider in particular. Not fussed about the bench and deadlift as the skinfolds were my priority for the last six weeks.
    Did what you were told. Turned up even when you were wrecked from work and punched in and got your sessions done. You got the results you were after. That's how I roll :) If you ask...I deliver ;)

Next step...mm's between 80 and 100 and to start adding some lean muscle mass...your goal should be 80kg and 80mm. Simple as that.

Fri 8 April

IP warmup x2

S1

Box Squats

Warmup sets - 2x8 @ 20kg, 1x5 @ 40kg, 1x5 @ 60kg, 1x3 @ 70kg.

Work sets - 5x5 @ 80kg. Fine. Easing back in as did no weights pretty much during IP 14.

GHR

3x15. I'll feel this tomorrow I'd say.

Band Pulldowns

3 x 10/10. Fine, quite enjoyed this one.

Chin ups

Warmup - 2x8 with green band

5x5 unassisted. Very very happy with this. Was going to go for one set of 5 with no band but it was surprisingly easy so pushed on. All sets were done without breaking the reps up also which is good. To think when I started in IP at the beginning of January I couldn't do even one unassisted chin up!

DB Floor Press

5x12 @ 15kg. Fine.

DB Side bends

3x15 e/s @ 12.5kg. Fine. Overly conservative on the weight so I'll up it a good bit next time.

Overhead Plate Extensions

100 reps @ 10kg. Done in sets of 40, 20, 20, 20.

Review

Tough week in work so only got up to test on Monday and then today. First time doing a strength session in 5 or 6 weeks so nice to get back to it. Felt good today - helped by the fact that I really enjoy squatting.

Tues 12 April

IP warmup x2

S2

Deadlift

Warmup sets
    2x8 @ 40kg
    1x5 @ 60kg
    1x5 @ 80kg

Work sets
    5x3 @ 90kg
    1x1 @ 100kg
    1x1 @ 110kg
    1x1 @ 120kg

PR of 10kg on the straight bar deadlift (which is not saying much). Felt fine. Deffo more there.

DB Step Ups

1 x 5 bodyweight
    3 x 5 @ 5kg in each hand.

Fine.

Weighted Bridge

3 @ 10kg. Only noticed after that I was supposed to give 60 secs rest when I only gave 45 secs so left it at three sets. Was shaking on the last one.

Bench Press

Warmup sets
    2x8 @ 20kg
    1x5 @ 40kg
    1x5 @ 50kg

Work sets
    5x3 @ 55kg
    1x1 @ 60kg
    1x1 @ 65kg F

Bah. My bench is just appalling.

DB Supported rows
    1x12 @ 15kg
    3x12 @ 20kg

Grand. Deffo heavier next time.

Weighted Side bridge

3 e/s @ 10kg. 45 secs on, 15 off.

Grand, shaky enough on the last set.

Seated Hammer Curls

1x8 @ 10kg
    2x5 @ 15kg
    1x8 @ 15kg

Okay, messed up the number of reps on the middle two sets.

Review

*sigh* I am fcuking weak. Depressing.

• Advertisement

Fri 15 April

IP warmup x2

C1

Con block 1

Outdoor prowler @ 40kg. Push on the minute for 10 minutes.

First time doing it outdoors. This was totally unexpectedly horrible - really gassed after it, legs wobbly and hadn't recovered by the time my 5 minute break was up. Haven't done conditioning in two weeks pretty much but surely can't have lost conditioning that quickly.

Work block 1

Walking lunges x 2 lengths @ 12.5kg in each hand
    Floor press x 10 @ 12.5kg in each hand
    Unsupported row x 10 e/s @ 12.5kg

5 rounds in 14 mins 20 secs. Found this tough enough to start with, think I was still feeling the effects of the prowler. Got easier as it went on but just ran out of time.

Didn't bother with the second half tonight, just did a quick bit of foam rolling and stretches.

Review

Disappointing. No excuses. Wussed out of the second con and work blocks. Not good enough. Back at it tomorrow with the right attitude.

Sat 16 April

IP warmup x1

S1

Box Squats

Warmup sets - 2x8 @ 20kg, 1x5 @ 40kg, 1x5 @ 60kg, 1x3 @ 80kg.

Work sets - 4x5 @ 90kg, 1x3 @ 100kg PB

Felt good on these, first four sets were easy enough so decided to do a set of three at 100kg - which was fine.

GHR

3x10. Grand.

Band Pulldowns

2 x 10/10 using the blue band.
    1 x 10/10 using the green band.

Switched to the green band to increase the resistance, which certainly worked.

Chin ups

2x8 with green band
    5x5 unassisted.

DB Floor Press

5x12 @ 15kg. Fine.

DB Side bends

3x15 e/s @ 15kg. Fine.

100 reps @ 10kg. Done in sets of 60, 20, 20. First set was up by 20 on last week so good progress.

Review

Good sesh, happy with the progress on the box squats.

Mon 18 April

IP warmup x1 (modified due to lack of space)

S2

Deadlift

Warmup sets
    2x8 @ 40kg
    1x5 @ 60kg
    1x5 @ 80kg

Work sets
    5x3 @ 95kg
    1x1 @ 105kg
    1x1 @ 115kg
    1x1 @ 125kg PB

PB again tonight, up 5kg. 125kg felt really solid, could have done with chalk though - I'll have to go back to smuggling in liquid chalk and using it on the sly :(

DB Step Ups

3 x 12 @ 12kg in each hand. Grand.

Weighted Bridge

3 @ 15kg. 60 secs on / 60 secs off.

Shaky, but did the full 60 secs on each set. Up 5kg on last time.

Bench Press

Warmup sets
    2x8 @ 20kg
    1x5 @ 40kg
    1x5 @ 50kg

Work sets
    5x3 @ 60kg

Felt good.

DB Supported rows

3 x 12 @ 22.5kg

Fine, couldn't find a higher weight that I'd be able to manage.

Weighted Side bridge

3 e/s @ 15kg. 45 secs on, 15 off.

Tough enough, shaky but made it through each set. 5kg up on last time.

Seated Hammer Curls

Skipped these, no free benches.

Review

Ugh. Back to Trinity - equipment is fine but it was rammed - amazing how spacious IP was compared to Trinity. Usual messing - muppets doing seated dumbbell curls in the squat rack, rugby jocks screaming and shouting while spotting each other on pullups (seriously), plates scattered all over the shop etc.

Having said that, good session. Learned a lot in my brief time in IP, now I just have to keep at it and keep making progress at the rate I was in IP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Seated Hammer Curls

Skipped these, no free benches.
    hey, when it comes to something like curls, this is just supplementary stuff so you can more or less sub in some other bicep exercise in the right quantity. Too much tweaking and you might lose the run of yourself but this stuff is easy. If you're missing a bench just do some standing curls.

Can't promise anything re: regularity, as you can imagine things are hectic right now, but I'll check in here from time to time and help along with things like this while people are adjusting. I know Will would like to do the same but his access is limited right now.

Barry

hey, when it comes to something like curls, this is just supplementary stuff so you can more or less sub in some other bicep exercise in the right quantity. Too much tweaking and you might lose the run of yourself but this stuff is easy. If you're missing a bench just do some standing curls.

Can't promise anything re: regularity, as you can imagine things are hectic right now, but I'll check in here from time to time and help along with things like this while people are adjusting. I know Will would like to do the same but his access is limited right now.

Barry

Thanks Barry - I suppose I need to develop the confidence/competence to tweak as needed - albeit keeping as faithful as possible to the core tenets of the programming.

• Advertisement

Thurs 21 April

IP warmup x2

S1

Box Squats

Warmup sets - 2x8 @ 20kg, 1x5 @ 40kg, 1x5 @ 60kg, 1x5 @ 80kg.

Work sets - 4x3 @ 95kg, 1x3 @ 105kg PB

These felt great, the final set at 105kg was easy.

SLDL

3x8 e/s @ 18kg

Grand. Balance is better standing on my left leg - I need to concentrate fairly hard when standing on my right leg.

Alternate sit ups

3 x 10 @ 15kg

Grand, subbed these in for the band pulldowns.

Chin ups

5x5 unassisted

These were easy enough.

DB Floor Press

3x12 @ 16kg

Okay, only up 1kg on last time but actually felt it more in my forearms bizarrely today.

DB Side bends

3x15 e/s @ 17.5kg

Grand.

100 reps @ 10kg. Done in sets of 75, 25. Nearly there on getting the 100 in one set.

Review

Really enjoyed the session, very hard week in work so glad to get both strength sessions done at least - I'll do some home conditioning work over the weekend.

Sat 23 April

Modified IP warmup x2 plus band pull-aparts etc. for my shoulders

Conditioning

Con block 1

DB swings @ 20kg. 30 secs on, 30 secs off for 10 minutes.

Deffo got the blood pumping, averaged 19 swings per 30 seconds. Focused on keeping my shoulder blades pulled in.

Work block 1

DB press x 5 e/s @ 13kg
    DB unsupported row x 5 e/s @ 23kg
    Potato sack squat x 10 @ 23kg

11 rounds in 14mins 25 secs.

Fine, press was too light but it was the only weight I had as I wanted to make the rows and squats as heavy as I could fit on the other DB.

Con block 2

DB swings @ 20kg - 30 secs on, 30 secs off for 10 minutes.

Averaged 21 swings every 30 secs on this round.

Work block 2

Box jump x 10
    T push ups x 5 e/s
    Upright DB row x 10 @ 20kg

10 rounds in 14 mins 7 secs.

Review

First full conditioning session in ages, probs at least three weeks. Did it in my back garden and really enjoyed it. Really nice doing it outdoors. Pretty wrecked after but expected that given lack of conditioning work recently. Going to hit some hill sprints tomorrow.

Wed 27 April

IP warmup x2 plus shoulder work

Conditioning

Con block 1

DB swings @ 20kg. 30 secs on, 30 secs off for 10 minutes.

Fine, averaged 20-21 swings per 30 seconds.

Work block 1

Tuck jump x 10
    Unsupported row x 5 e/s @ 23kg
    Sit ups x 10

Grand, 10 rounds in 14mins 36 secs. Thought I'd get way more but slowed down quite a bit in the last few rounds.

Con block 2

DB snatch @ 18kg - 30 secs on, 30 secs off for 10 minutes.

Hard work towards the end.

Review

Another back garden conditioning session. Have been working 12-14 hour days since Sunday so wanted to get outdoors last night and was tiiiiired. Going to be like this for the forseeable so I'll just have to try to squeeze in whatever gym work I can.

Given that, I'll probably start back at the 7am strength sessions I used to do before I started in IP - anyone give me some pre-early workout eating tips? I used to just have a banana and a whey shake - is that enough for an IP strength session first thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

It really depends on what you can handle in the morning before you train.

Maybe some eggs, toast and a shake.

I'd definitely get some caffeine into the system in the form of coffee or tabs.

You obviously don't want to be full but also you don't want to be hungry during the session.

PB&J sandwich could also be an alternative!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

Given that, I'll probably start back at the 7am strength sessions I used to do before I started in IP - anyone give me some pre-early workout eating tips? I used to just have a banana and a whey shake - is that enough for an IP strength session first thing?

I eat a heap of stuff before bed (always do regardless.. hence my one big ab), and just caffeine and some form of drink like lucozade sport before/during training in the mornings. Probably not ideal, but I never noticed any drop off in strength whatsoever doing this but maybe thats just me. That being said when I'm training alot I usually wake up to eat during the night too... which I guess counts as breakfast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Eating in the middle of the night is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

COH wrote: »
    I eat a heap of stuff before bed (always do regardless.. hence my one big ab), and just caffeine and some form of drink like lucozade sport before/during training in the mornings. Probably not ideal, but I never noticed any drop off in strength whatsoever doing this but maybe thats just me. That being said when I'm training alot I usually wake up to eat during the night too... which I guess counts as breakfast!

It's all about the 'Aichs Ab'!!!!

Da Za wrote: »
    It really depends on what you can handle in the morning before you train.

Maybe some eggs, toast and a shake.

I'd definitely get some caffeine into the system in the form of coffee or tabs.

You obviously don't want to be full but also you don't want to be hungry during the session.

PB&J sandwich could also be an alternative!!!

Cheers Daza. I'm a total morning person so eating very early doesn't bother me. Might just have my normal porridge and coffee and see how that goes for a while.
    COH wrote: »

I hear ya - I'm finding these days if I don't eat something right before bed I wake up early fecking starving.

Thurs 28 April

IP warmup x1 + shoulder stuff

S1

Box Squats

Warmup sets - 2x8 @ 20kg, 1x5 @ 40kg, 1x5 @ 60kg, 1x5 @ 80kg, 1x3 @ 90kg.

Work sets - 4x3 @100kg, 1x3 @ 110kg

These felt good.

SLDL

3x8 e/s @ 20kg

Grand. Balance is fine when I focus hard enough.

Sit ups

Skipped them cos I did so many rounds of situps yesterday.

Chin ups

5x5 unassisted

Fine.

DB Floor Press

1x12 @ 18kg

Fine but stopped after one set as I reopened a cut on the palm of my hand.

DB Side bends

3x15 e/s @ 20kg

Grand.

100 reps @ 10kg. Done in sets of 85, 15. I'll get the 100 in one set next time.

Review

Enjoyable session, happy with the box squats. Wonder should I move to doing normal squats as the smallest box in Trinity still leaves the box squats a little bit over parallel. Might start adding a bit of weight to the chin ups too.

Sat 30 April

Strongman session with the lads from The Edge Clontarf down on the seafront in Clontarf.

Teams of four.

Round 1

Sled pulls for 60 metres @ 80kg (could have been 100kg, can't remember).

Really tough, grass was really slippery. Very close to meeting my breakfast during this block.

Round 2

Prowler sprint for 20 metres @ 40kg then dump the prowler and explode into an all out sprint for 40 metres.

This round was fine actually - all that prowling in IP came in handy :pac:

Round 3

Farmers' walks (using the fat bar grip) in a slalom course for 20 metres out and 20 metres back @ 80kg plus whatever the two bars weigh.

Grand, fat bar grip is tough to hold onto.

Review

Apart from nearly puking on the sled pulls, really enjoyed this. Great doing this kind of thing outdoors. Deffo going to make it one of my weekly conditioning sessions. Some seriously strong lads there.

For any ex-IP members reading this, the first Strongman / Strongwoman session is free for former IP members (normally 10 euro). Check their facebook page or PM me for details.

• Advertisement

Sun 1 May

IP warmup x1 with extra shoulder stuff

S2

Deadlift

Warmup sets
    2x8 @ 40kg
    1x5 @ 60kg
    1x5 @ 80kg

Work sets
    5x3 @ 100kg
    1x1 @ 110kg
    1x1 @ 120kg

Okay, didn't go for the third single, 120kg was a bit ugly so left it.

DB Step Ups

2 x 10 @ 12kg in each hand. Grand.

Weighted Bridge

3 @ 15kg. 60 secs on / 60 secs off.

Grand.

Bench Press

Warmup sets
    2x8 @ 20kg
    1x5 @ 40kg
    1x5 @ 50kg

Work sets
    1 rep @ 60kg

Absolute disaster. The warmup sets were tough, just had nothing there at all when it came to the work sets. Awful.

DB Supported rows

3 x 10 @ 22.5kg

Fine.

Seated Hammer Curls

2 x 8 @ 12kg.

Grand

Review

Not a good session. Hanging after the Leinster game on Saturday and had no energy at all so just tried to turn up and grind it out at the same weights as last time.

Tues 3 May

IP warmup x1 + shoulder stuff

S1

Box Squats

Warmup sets - 1x8 @ 20kg, 1x5 @ 40kg, 1x5 @ 60kg, 1x5 @ 100kg.

Work sets - 4x3 @ 110kg

Fecked up my warmup, jumped to 100kg - was sharing during my warmup with a guy doing good mornings and obv got confused switching plates so frequently.

Failed the last rep on the final set at 110kg, pure lack of concentration on my part led to me losing the tension in my middle. Weight was fine otherwise. Had a guy check my form on the third set, said all reps were fine.

SLDL

3x8 e/s @ 22.5kg

Good. Balance definitely improving.

Alternate sit ups

2 x 10 @ 15kg

Chin ups

5x5 unassisted

Grand.

DB Floor Press

2x12 @ 18kg

Grand

DB Side bends

3x15 e/s @ 18kg

Grand.

Review

Good session, box squats were done on a bench which is lower than the box I'd been using previously - probably just a fraction below parallel. Not fussed about failing the final rep, down to pure break of concentration.

Sat 7 May

The Edge Clontarf strongman training.

Teams of five.

Round 1

Relay farmers' walks (using the fat bar grip) in a straight course for 80 metres out and back @ 45kg each side plus whatever the two bars weigh. Pick and go when your teammate drops it.

No chalk today so tough to hold the fat grip.

Round 2

Circuits

Overhead log press @ 30kg x 15
    Zottman curl @ 10kg x 15 e/s
    DB military burpees @ 15kg in each hand x 10
    Med ball pushups x 15
    Suicide sprints 5, 10, 15, 20 metres

Four rounds done. Tough going.

Round 3

Relay prowler pushes @ 40kg - push as far as possible, when you stop a teammate takes over.

Very tough going, caught a pretty bad dose of prowler flu.

Review

Great sesh, really enjoyed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

The Saturday morning sessions w/ Ciaran are the lads are great craic.

Prowling on the grass is f*cking evil.

Wed 11 May

IP warmup x 2 + shoulder stuff

S1

Box Squats

Warmup sets - 2x8 @ 20kg, 1x5 @ 40kg, 1x5 @ 60kg, 1x5 @ 80kg, 1x3 @ 100kg.

Work sets - 4x3 @ 115kg PB - 1.5 x bodyweight

Bench was just on parallel.

Delighted with the squats. Again today I had one of the staff (who knows his stuff) check one of my sets and he said all reps were looking good.

SLDL

3x10 e/s @ 22.5kg

Good. Upped the reps to 10.

Alternate sit ups

3 x 10 @ 15kg

Chin ups

5x5 unassisted

Okay, last two reps on the last set had a wee bit of kicking going on.

DB Floor Press

Skipped*

DB Side bends

Skipped*

Overhead plate extension

Skipped*

Review

Woot! Just over 1.5 times my current bodyweight of 76.4kg (and probably a bit of that is water weight due to creatine)!! Delighted with this. I'd set a medium term goal at the start of the year training in IP of getting a 1.5x bodyweight squat for one rep by the end of June. Really happy to have got 4 sets of 3 at 1.5x bodyweight - albeit parallel box squats. I'll do a few full depth next time just cos I know I can :D

*Rushing by that stage - however I got a 1.5xBW squat so I really don't care today :D

Sun 22 May

Conditioning

Con Block 1

C2 rower, 30 secs on, 30 secs off x 10.

1,533 metres. Tough going, first time I've used the rower in probably a couple of years.

Work Block 1

SL squats x 5 e/s
    Sit Thru x 5 e/s
    Inverted row x 5

10 rounds in 13.59.

Good block, subbed in inverted rows as I don't have a resistance band for assisted pull ups.

Con Block 2

KB swings @ 16kg 20 secs on, 40 secs off x 10 mins.

Grand.

Work Block 2

DB snatch @ 16kg x 5 e/s
    Med ball push ups x 10
    Tuck jump x 10

5 rounds in 10.24 - started getting a bad stitch to quit then. Switched to normal pushups for the last two rounds as the med ball pushups were really knackering me.

Review

First time in the gym in 11 days - away in the UK and US with work for a week which involved a lot of boozing and carbalicious eating - feeling slightly sluggish as a result. Good to get back at it.

Right, time to catch up a bit. Haven't been logging (or gymming) much recently due to workload.

Sun 29 May

Mobility work with focus on shoulders and thoracic spine.

Conditioning

Con Block 1

C2 rower, 30 secs on, 30 secs off x 10.

Fecking hate the rower.

Work Block 1

Unsupported row x 5e/s @20kg
    Box Jump x 10
    Shoulder press x 5 e/s @ 16kg kb

9 rounds in 14 mins 28 secs.

I really enjoy box jumps but this block was meh at best. Fecking rower just knocks it right out of me.

Con Block 2

DB snatch @16kg - 30 secs on / 30 secs off.

Tough enough actually.

Didn't do a second work block, still feeling the effects of the rower. Instead did:

Weighted plank @ 20kg for as long as I could - 1 min 22 secs.
    Weighted side bridge @ 20kg for as long as I could - 1 min even when resting on my right arm, 44 secs when resting on my left arm.

Pull ups 1 x 5.

Review

Blah.

Wed 1 June

Mobility work with focus on shoulders and thoracic spine.

Conditioning

Con Block 1

C2 rower, 30 secs on, 30 secs off x 8.

Only made 8 rows before I thought I was going to pass out. Conditioning has declined alarmingly.

Work Block 1

Unsupported row x 5e/s @20kg
    Box Jump x 10
    Shoulder press x 5 e/s @ 16kg kb

10 rounds in 14 mins 57 secs.

Up a round on the previous day. Still felt that the rower took too much out of me.

Con Block 2

DB snatch @16kg - 30 secs on / 30 secs off.

Left it at that and just did pull ups 5, 4.

Review

Blah x 3.

Sat 4 June

Conditioning

Mobility work focussing on hips and glute activation.

CB 1

16kg KB swings 30 secs on / 30 secs off.

Fine. Decided not to start sessions with rower block any more until I can get conditioning back up to where it was previously as it just fecks me up for the rest of the session.

WB 1

SL squat x 5 e/s
    Inverted row x 5
    KB shoulder press @ 16kg x 5 e/s

13 rounds in 14 mins 10 secs.

Okay, was aiming for 15 and really thought I'd get it but ran out of steam in the middle rounds before picking it up again for the last few.

CB 2

Rower, 30 secs on / 30 secs off.

Soo tempted to quit around the 6th round as heart about to come out of my chest but pushed through and glad I did - very very tough, virtually floored after it but glad I pushed on.

Finished the session there with a good 20 minutes of stretching.

Review

Better session, best of the last three. I'm thinking I'm better focussing on conditioning sessions at the moment (rather than strength sessions) given the lack of regularity I'm able to get to the gym - anyone any thoughts on this? Also, given how tired I am with work at the moment, a max deadlift session would probably only leave me too wrecked in work the next day. My thinking is that the conditioning sessions will have an element of strength work for me also given my comparative weakness. Would welcome thoughts / advice though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Better session, best of the last three. I'm thinking I'm better focussing on conditioning sessions at the moment (rather than strength sessions) given the lack of regularity I'm able to get to the gym - anyone any thoughts on this? Also, given how tired I am with work at the moment, a max deadlift session would probably only leave me too wrecked in work the next day. My thinking is that the conditioning sessions will have an element of strength work for me also given my comparative weakness. Would welcome thoughts / advice though!

I'm absolutely no help with the above question:) But..what are your aims/goals? That might help you clarify what you should do. Also what where your mm's like last time you got them checked and have they gone up? Cos..just my opinion..and I know nothing..if your lean enough concentrate on the strength..if your not lean and your workouts are going to be sporadic then maybe go down the conditioning route??

Advertisement