Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the Motorola Xoom Too Highly Priced.....

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Alan_Madden

Bring it back as carry on for sure, in a sleeve as suggested, and if stopped, say it's your work tablet.....there's sweet f-all they can do.

I am going to Canada tues for a week and have to do a night in Chicago.....do I buy a zoom OR hold out for the samsung in the summer??
    Are they not going to be on in the same??

PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Bring it back as carry on for sure, in a sleeve as suggested, and if stopped, say it's your work tablet.....there's sweet f-all they can do.

I am going to Canada tues for a week and have to do a night in Chicago.....do I buy a zoom OR hold out for the samsung in the summer??
    Are they not going to be on in the same??

PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!!!!

What about the eeepad transformer/ slider, i am considering one of these as well. Asus make good stuff i have a eeepc netbook for the last 3 years and it never gave any trouble:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Given what seems to be the price difference between the states and here, I would buy one and then sell it on second hand if needs be, as the second hand cost should be nearly the same as what you paid for it in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

CombatCow wrote: »
    Chuck away the box and keep the manuals and whatnot and put the other in your check-in luggage in a sleeve too. Oh and hide the receipt :pac:

Post your receipts back from the States. Easy and removes any risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Jasus well after the cheesefest Samsung announcement for the 10.1 and the addition of touchwiz (/facepalm) on the tablet im happy to go with the wifi xoom from the states, btw the samsung 10.1 is coming out June 8'th, though it would of been much sooner....

http://www.netbooknews.com/22254/samsung-galaxy-tab-8-9-10-1-official-commercials-presentation/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

Jasus well after the cheesefest Samsung announcement for the 10.1 and the addition of touchwiz (/facepalm) on the tablet im happy to go with the wifi xoom from the states, btw the samsung 10.1 is coming out June 8'th, though it would of been much sooner....

http://www.netbooknews.com/22254/samsung-galaxy-tab-8-9-10-1-official-commercials-presentation/

is the xoom not a bit expensive compared to the samsung tablets though? samsung 8.9 starts at $469 its a nice size

The 8.9-inch version is approximately priced at $469 for a 16GB and $569 for 32GB.

The 16GB version of the 10.1-inch device is approximately priced at $499 and the 32GB at $599

At least Samsung are competing with apple on the 16GB @$499 where as Motorola are not. Not sure the reasoning for having an 8.9" and a 10.1" though - I think it's MADNESS to be honest.

My only issue right now is the wait time for these babies, June 8th is a heck of a long way away - March 27th however.....different story!!!!

Yeah I mean looking at both the sammy 10.1 and Xoom both at $599 id rather gopher the Xoom due to the features like sdcard slot,usb port and no touchwiz UI overlay, oh and as "Alan_Madden" says the Xoom is out next week rather than 3 months from now.

Im not a fan of Motorola at all, actually I hate their phones, but this looks to be a turning point for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Im not a fan of Motorola at all, actually I hate their phones, but this looks to be a turning point for them.

Turning a different corner maybe...

http://www.tgdaily.com/mobility-features/54903-is-motorola-getting-ready-to-ditch-android
    Motorola is reportedly developing a web-based mobile operating system as a "possible alternative" to Google's Android.

"[Yes], I know they're working on it," Jonathan Goldberg, an analyst with Deutsche Bank in San Francisco told InformationWeek.

"I think the company recognizes they need to differentiate and they need options, just in case. Nobody wants to rely on a single supplier."

lol ok I take it back, their still retards :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm still getting a Xoom though. Some amount of sweet tech in it. Should do me for a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

The 8.9-inch version is approximately priced at $469 for a 16GB and $569 for 32GB.

The 16GB version of the 10.1-inch device is approximately priced at $499 and the 32GB at $599

At least Samsung are competing with apple on the 16GB @$499 where as Motorola are not. Not sure the reasoning for having an 8.9" and a 10.1" though - I think it's MADNESS to be honest.

My only issue right now is the wait time for these babies, June 8th is a heck of a long way away - March 27th however.....different story!!!!

Is the Xoom coming out on March 27th? if so where will it be available?

Yeah the wifi only version is out this Sunday in the states, the wifi/3g has been out a few weeks there already. It will be out in the UK in April so they expect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

heh......tbh you can always ROM it back to original honeycomb. I just cant trust moto tbh, my RAZR back in the day broke after a few months and yes it hurt so thats my reasoning lol. I like the charm though :D

I think the xoom is basically the nexus of tablets

So I was in Chicago on Tuesday and Wednesday and everywhere was sold out of Xooms - gutted. Best Buy said they sold their last one 30 seconds before I called in. Have to wait till May now :(

Uuugh nasty, sorry to hear that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭smackyB

Very tempted to go up North next week and get one.. Or wait for the new Samsung tablet. Decision, decisions...

Advertisement