Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct charging a nokia 5530

Options
  • 22-01-2011 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Something happen my nokia 5530 earlier and the charging pin came out in the charger so now it wont charge in the conventional method. Just wondering if it would charge if i strip the cable of the charger and connect the positive wire to the battery positive and plug in the plug to bring the negative. I don't have any spare phone and I need it, it also will not charge through its USB cable which is a CA-101D. I understand the risks of stripping wires and it will not be left unattended, just want to know if it will accept the charge this way as I don't know its internal workings. Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Paddy its only about a year old i guess, so you could get this fixed FOC under warranty. Bring it back to where you bought it, and they will send it to MPRC on your behalf.

The block is easily replaced, and the part costs virtually nothing. You could power it up with jumpers directly to the pcb, but its not worth it when you can get done under warranty. It has a 24 month warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Davy wrote: »
    Paddy its only about a year old i guess, so you could get this fixed FOC under warranty. Bring it back to where you bought it, and they will send it to MPRC on your behalf.

The block is easily replaced, and the part costs virtually nothing. You could power it up with jumpers directly to the pcb, but its not worth it when you can get done under warranty. It has a 24 month warranty

Ya I know that but I just needed to get some power into it as I had no spare. I have a spare phone now to use for a few days but cant bring it in for repair until the end of the week. It has been in twice already because it turned off when answering or making calls and that is now fixed but now I have this problem. I will ring tomorrow and find out what the story is, I have been told by some people that I am now entitled to a new one but I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I've been bringing it direct to the nokia repair centre. Each time it has taken three weeks and its only around a year old so its getting very annoying. I'll ring tomorrow and find out if ti can be replaced, and if not how long they will need it to repair it

• Advertisement

Just rang he said its user damage or whatever and it wont be covered under warranty, 30euro to fix and he will do it in a half hour.... :(

Advertisement