Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking for a person on dairy and wheat free diet

Options
  • 22-01-2011 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Anyone got suggestions for starter, main course and dessert for cooking for someone who is dairy and wheat free diet
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Miso soup to start, stir fry with rice/rice noodles and sorbet for desert.

Garlic mushrooms/stuffed mushrooms to start, roast chicken roast veg, potatoes for main and baked apples with soya custard/ pavlova with soya cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Starter: Seared scallops with lime, garlic, soy sauce and chilli, served on crispy salad leaves

Main: Pan-fried breast of duck with an orange jus, game chips and wild mushrooms, sugar snap peas and carrots

Dessert: Exotic fruit salad (lychees, mango, starfruit) with a honey drizzle and a sprinkle of sesame seeds

OK, I know that's all a bit 'out there' - but it's what I'd like to eat! There's always prawn cocktail (unless the eggs in the mayo are considered to be 'dairy'?), steak, chips and salad, and poached pears for dessert. Or garlic and chilli pan fried langoustines (using olive oil), poached salmon with boiled spuds and peas, and a champagne jelly for pud. I could go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Darkginger wrote: »
    Starter: Seared scallops with lime, garlic, soy sauce and chilli, served on crispy salad leaves

Main: Pan-fried breast of duck with an orange jus, game chips and wild mushrooms, sugar snap peas and carrots

Dessert: Exotic fruit salad (lychees, mango, starfruit) with a honey drizzle and a sprinkle of sesame seeds

OK, I know that's all a bit 'out there' - but it's what I'd like to eat! There's always prawn cocktail (unless the eggs in the mayo are considered to be 'dairy'?), steak, chips and salad, and poached pears for dessert. Or garlic and chilli pan fried langoustines (using olive oil), poached salmon with boiled spuds and peas, and a champagne jelly for pud. I could go on...

Regular soyy sauce has wheat in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Sorry, should have specified tamari soy sauce - which is wheat-free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Thai Fish cakes- http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/thaifishcakeswithgre_12214
    Thai Red curry - most of the Thai Gold range is suitable
    Meringue with raspberry coulis and fresh fruit

• Advertisement
Advertisement