Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat Cruise for Stag?

Options
  • 22-01-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,
    Planning a boat cruise for my stag in April. Anyone ever tried this?
    Concerns are people getting into arguments and having to sit beside each other for three days ;)
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Seasickness would be a bigger concern tbh. maybe take the boat for a cruise during the day and then have the festivities in a pub/hotel whereever you dock and let them sleep it off on dry land.
    (I'm speaking as someone who has been seasick and its horrible, would definitely ruin at least one or two peoples day, and the sick would be in very bad form and need minding)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

You know your mates better than we do, but I think I would advise against it.

There is something about stags which turn normally reasonable people into idiots. On some of the stags I have been on, even when we were staying in the only hotel in town, in the same country, people still got lost, or lost all their money, or went missing for 14 hours.

Now imagine trying to get all your mates out of the pub/club and back to the boat before it sails, or wondering if one of your mates made it back to the boat last night, or after not hearing from one for over a day beginning to wonder if maybe he fell over board.

Sorry for being so dramatic, but its what I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Modified-IRL

I wouldnt worry about it, i was on the shannon for my cousins stag about 4 years ago, 4 boats/6 on each boat/loadsa drink, craic etc

In saying that im on the shannon all my life so maybe thats why i enjoyed it so much but its a relaxing and great weekend :cool:

Advertisement