Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which hospital for A&E?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

If I had a heart attack , I would probably want to go to St James, as in all likelyhood you would be seen very fast with no waiting room time.

Then straight to the primary angioplasty theatre for angioplasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Traumadoc wrote: »
    If I had a heart attack , I would probably want to go to St James, as in all likelyhood you would be seen very fast with no waiting room time.

Then straight to the primary angioplasty theatre for angioplasty.

What a daft thing to post. If I had a heart attack I would just want to get to a hospital ..

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

geem wrote: »
    Of course the ICU will save a life - if they can. Not if required.
    If the patient gets into ICU and is not left in a corridor surrounded by drunks. If there are enough staff to look after them. If the equipment and environment is clean and sanitary etc etc.

I can only suggest you visit A and E yourself some weekend.

If you need to be admitted to the ICU you will be. Staffing is an issue everywhere. Unfortunately sanitation is an issue in all our Hospitals.

I've been in A&E's plenty of times with various things, they're mostly the same, a lot rests on what time you happen to arrive at.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

geem wrote: »
    Indeed and I have witnessed you (or one of your colleagues) at work when he responded to an emergency call and assisted a relative of mine.
    I am glad to have the opportunity to thank you for your great work.

Thank you geem we are only to happy to help in any way we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Misty May

darter wrote: »
    We've been now over 5 years in Greystones, but just realized that in the case of a medical emergency, we wouldn't know which hospital to go to.

Which is the closest/fastest to get to? (St Columcille's?)

Would you go to it for all problems, or for some problems, like a suspected heart attack, would you go to a different one?

Thanks all,

We've had three emergencies in the last ten years & ended up getting to the nearest hospital each time, which was Loughlinstown. I've heard bad reports about the place but I found it just great. They certainly knew how to deal with each situation better than I did & we weren't there that long either compared to some of the stories I've heard.

If it's something you can't deal, a real emergency, just call an ambulance. They'll go to whichever hospital is on call!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Misty May wrote: »
    If it's something you can't deal, a real emergency, just call an ambulance. They'll go to whichever hospital is on call!:)

I think they bring you to the closest . I've never heard of a hospital being 'on call' but I'm not an expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

The ambulance will know if any particular hospital is turning people away because they're too busy or whatever, so they'll know whats best. Also for head injuries etc. they'll take you to Beaumont.

Advertisement