Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T&G PVC Ceiling

• 22-01-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

I've installed a few before, either straight rooms or cutting around a HP in a bathroom for example but I'm considering doing my downstairs cloakroom because I'm putting a shower in there. The cloakroom is under the stairs so there's a slope of the stairs - not sure how I would tackle this - is there like a 45 degree angle trim or what is the best way to go about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Tackle this as in the trim for the edges or as in the boards curving for the slope?

If its pvc boards, it might need to be nailed at the curve to keep it in place, or you could strategically start the boards to the curve is at a joint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

so you would just continue it on with a curve in it rather than a joint and angle? I thought you would need to have like a J trim at the end of the bit that would be normal height then start a new trim for the sloping of the stairs

this probably doesn't make much sense but slightly intoxicated so will read again tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

Sparkpea wrote: »
    so you would just continue it on with a curve in it rather than a joint and angle? I thought you would need to have like a J trim at the end of the bit that would be normal height then start a new trim for the sloping of the stairs

this probably doesn't make much sense but slightly intoxicated so will read again tomorrow

If the sheeting is to be installed horizontally, then cut the back layer of the sheeting right at the angle, leaving only the outside skin intacted to bend into the corner, which is much more flexible, and completely waterproof,

Advertisement