Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone delivering Systems Software Level 6

• 22-01-2011 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Anyone delivering systems software level 6.Looking to discuss this module and share resources.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Not sure when you are thinking of commencing the delivery of these modules and am assuming that you are looking at a full award but are you aware that new versions of these modules will be published by FETAC soon as they are amongst those migrated under the new Common Award System. You will need to have a programme approval agreement etc in order to deliver the new award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭newfrontier

Thanks Further ED
    Picking up delivery after sudden departure....so would like to liase with another person delivering this module.Are you delivering or do you know someone who is?

I am also interested to hear how the process works for delivery next year..what will the time line be for a current course with these modules being taught (that are currently under review ..and they need updating but I thought we just implemented the new module descriptor

Cheers for the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

DM me and let me know what part of the country you are based in and I will come back to you.

Re the new awards your centre will need to have a programme approval agreement etc and then go through the validation process. Only registered providers, who have agreed quality assurance systems with FETAC may submit programmes for validation. Providers are required to have their programmes validated by FETAC prior to commencing them. There is a batch of new awards expected in Feb/March, many of them are combined from what was previously delivered by FAS and FE centre modules. There has been a reduction in awards too as the providers have the scope in their programme to make the awards suit their requirments.

Where an existing award is replaced by a new CAS award, the provider will be given ample opportunity to finish out existing programmes leading to the existing award and prepare a new programme for validation before applying to FETAC to validate the new programme

Advertisement