Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a genuine visa offer? I'm confused

Options
  • 22-01-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I applied for a working holiday visa on a website that looked quite official and I was deemed eligible but I got a phone call from an English number from a girl who said I was eligible for a visa and it cost £240 sterling. she asked did i have a credit debit card on me for the transaction. i said i didnt have it on me.
    Was this genuine or what?:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Yes its a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Can you just apply straight to the immigration website...? I dont see the piont in using this middle man service.

I dont think its a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

Zambia wrote: »
    Can you just apply straight to the immigration website...? I dont see the piont in using this middle man service.

I dont think its a scam.

yeah i dont think it is either...
    i really wanna head over tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Understandable.

Have a look though these threads someone has posted the link to applying directly. Its takes no time from memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/applyNow.do?form=WHM

$235 in real money or £145 or €171.

Bit of a difference compared to £240

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

It's very easy to apply directly through the immigration website. And cheaper. It may be a scam or it may not but why risk it?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

You can get them with USIT at least you know it'll be legit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

I think they are just working on the idea that you were not aware you can get it direct from the oz government site

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Usit is legit, true. But they are also over priced,

Just go to source

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dub-girl88

I applied for my WHV through the government website http://www.immi.gov.au/ online. Its easy enough. I paid by credit card and it worked out about €185. Two hours later i got an email saying visa granted and my visa number. I think your better off doing it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Eh, its incredibly simple to get a WHV from the government website unless it's changed drastically from 4 years ago.

Paying someone else to do it is a frickin scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Locking this, as mentioned it is very easy to get a WHV from the offical aussie website (listed above)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement