Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you adopted or fostered?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

cjf wrote: »
    I have adopted and fostered often find the two go hand in hand!! He was a little pom corgi X and he stayed with me for 3 months! He came in such a state and it took everything not to cry when I first got him! He was so frightened and so covered in his own doodoos from his coat being so matted! I remember the first night he came I had him in the bathroom for about 2 hours trimming and cleaning the poor baby up. He had matts the size of my fists behind each ear and they were pushing his poor ears forward! When he was all cleaned and trimmed he spent the whole evening moving his ears backwards and forwards. . just because he could!!

I must say that little man really crawled under my skin and after 3 months it was very hard to let him go but I know he is with a fantastic family (because I get little updates every now and then!) and to hear how he is beginning to leave his baggage behind him is amazing!

Its tough but very good for the soul! It gives these guys a chance that they may not otherwise have had! My foster baby was due to be put to sleep the day after I got him in!

He was tiny but thought he was larger than life! he bullied my big lad around for the whole 3 months he was with us! But he had a face like butter wouldnt melt! Here is a pic of the 2 boys!! He is the one on the left!

Your big lad is adorable too!!! What is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

164569_10150122941506844_564461843_7801269_225702_s.jpgThis girl came from Inistioge in Kilkenny, she is full of attitude n is dozing beside me on the couch as i type! super little dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

Thanks he's a big softy! He is a Doberman - a big one!! Not at all as pointy an mean looking as the movies make them look! I love that pic of them little an large!!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Yes, I have adopted one feral cat who took ages to trust me. I kept her locked in a big warm shed with plenty of warm bedding and food. It is so important to keep a cat, be it your own pet when you move house or in this case a feral cat, locked up for at least 2 weeks until he/she hears the noises etc of his/her new environment. This way the cat will never run away. I had Jenny (who actually turned out to be a male, the vet told me!) for 13 years and we were terribly close. I have also adoped two stray dogs from the Pound and last year I read about an unfortunate dog that was blind, deaf and beaten very badly and emaciated. I gave him so much love but even with help from the Vet he only lived for 6 months due his terrible ordeal. He was about 12 years old and had never been housetrained - but I didn't care about that as I am not house proud anyway and it took him ages to understand eating out of a dish. He must have been thrown scraps outside. I now have a terribly insecure, vulnerable little dog who was taken away by the ISPCA for animal cruelty. I love her so much as I have loved all my animals. I have never fostered. I know I sound selfish but I would get terribly attached to my animals.

Advertisement