Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breast clinic

Options
  • 22-01-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi,
    I went to my GP in early December after having found a lump in my breast about 6 weeks before. I was told I would hav eto be referred to the Breast Clinic and would be guaranteed to be seen in 6 weeks. I rang them early last week and was told they hoped to see me in the next 5 weeks but still no date. Should i ring again, don't want to plague them especially if people with more serious conditions need to be seen first but would like to know as soon as possible if i have soething to be concerned about.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi, I've been to the breast clinic myself and I don't think they'd mind in the slightest if you phoned. It could even be an oversight and if you don't phone then you could be waiting even longer for an apppointment. If you tell them you're willing to take a cancellation you could even get an earlier appointment.

There's a recent thread about breast cysts here if you missed it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056119608

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭chatjunkie

Thanks Dizzy Blonde for your reply. Just checked there and it will be 7 weeks wednesday since the referral went in and still no appointment date. Might ring again tomorrow, would be happy with a date even at this stage. Had a look at that thread which said everyone should be checked within a month. Dr. had said guaranteed to be seen in 6 weeks. Long time to be left with a lump and not knowing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It is a long time to wait, especially when it's something we worry so much about. Cling to the fact that the vast majority of lumps are benign though.
    I'd definitely call tomorrow and tell them how long it is since you saw your GP - they'll probably give you an appointment soon. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mamadoodles

Hi guys,
    Just got told yesterday I need to go to the breast clinic in Limerick. I'm just wondering how long it took before they contacted you Chatjunkie and how long before you actually had your appointment. Hope all went well for you.

Advertisement