Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche in Swords

Options
  • 22-01-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi there
    Am a nervous wreck at the moment trying to source childcare for my baby as I'll return to work soon. Just wondered if anyone had heard of Bright Horizons in Swords?
    Would love to receive a private message if anyone had any information...
    Such a lot of childcare options out there it's very daunting!!
    Thanks everyone!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Some useful tips here for things to look for or questions to ask when looking around for a provider.

I have no experience myself with Childcare providers, however I have a close family relation who trains/teaches childcare staff in Fetac Level 5 & 6. Only recently we were talking about one of her past students/friends and the frustration she was experiencing about the quality of service being privately provided in the industry. She was finding it difficult staying in positions due to poor pay, and services not living up to the best in class standards which she had been taught during her training.

She only recent got a position in Bright Horizons as a floater between various branches, and eventually became made permanent in a single branch. She said it was the best place she has worked to date, proper staff-to-child ratios, better pay, benefits, all best practices followed, etc.. From speaking with my relation she said BH was not just in Ireland but in other countries and often provided services for corporate clients so they are indeed one of the leaders in the industry, and this past student feedback seemed to confirm that.

Now I have nothing to do with BH, but just said I would past on a conversation I had recently enough. At the end of the day you will need to do your own research, and see what service you feel most comfortable with.

Best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Eddiem, thank you so much. This is really helpful and great to hear. Great to get good feedback, helps put my mind at ease somewhat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Hi,

My son, now 8 was in Bright Horizons and my youngest son, 3 is currently with them. We're very happy with them. Well run creche with their own chef and healthy fresh food for the kids every day. There's also lots of space for the kids for activities and a small outdoor area for the summer/dry days.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭shabbyalonso

Thanks for the information. Helps with the whole ordeal of leaving her in. I'll be a nervous wreck but good to get this feedback and know she's in good hands!

Advertisement