Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ord English essay help/ideas needed

• 22-01-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.
    I have a personal essay that has to be done for tuesday and I'm really stuck for ideas :o
    The essay has to contain this sentence at some point, " It all happened so fast, the last thing I remembered was a loud bang".
    Could anybody give me a few ideas of what I should base it on? ( I'm really bad at essays :( )
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

It was an ordinary morning. I got up, checked my hair, smelt my clothes and decided I was good to go to the kitchen. Sausages. Mmmm. I had dreamt about them that night. Spitting at me. They needed to be tamed. I went to open the fridge but knelt in prayer before I did. I hoped they would be there. No, I prayed. It worked. The sausages my mother had bought yesterday were still there. My sister had not finished them all off in the middle of the night as I had feared. I saw the butter and I thought – revenge. Matches, a frying pan, a good knife – the biggest we had – that was all I needed. I dived on the sausages and laid them bare on the chair. One by one I cut and cut and cut. This was only the beginning for them. Them rotters that had woken me up in the middle of the night. I turned on the gas and then the phone rang. It was my best friend Bert. ‘Hey Bob’ he said, ‘I had the weirdest dream last night’. ‘What was that Bert?’ I asked. ‘I dreamt I was killed by a sausage’. ‘Serious man. I had the same dream. He ran at me and just flattened me’ I said. ‘No mine was different’ said Bert. ‘What happened to me was I was just lighting the gas when the phone rang. I answered the phone, was chatting away and then it all happened so fast, the last thing I remembered was a loud bang’. Oh no............

Advertisement