Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kununarra Tips

Options
  • 22-01-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I'm heading off to Darwin in March on my own and want to get the fruit picking out of the way first for the 2nd visa.

I plan on heading to probably Kununarra or Katherine from Darwin straight off.

Has anyone ever picked in either of these towns or has advice on which hostels are the best for long term stay (only 2 in Kununarra), where's best to work etc.

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

I lived in kununarra for nearly 3months last year, nice town but it is small. The best hostel if your staying long term is the kimberly croc lodge owned by the same people who own the yha backpackers. The rooms all have own bathrooms, tvs and small fridges(perfect for beer). It has a pool and large kitchen. Most people who stay here are working and staying long term so its a great way to meet people who are hanging around for a bit, as the people in the backpackers tend to change regularly. It is also located right across from the shops so you dont have to walk far with your food or beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mark4747

kazza90210 wrote: »
    I lived in kununarra for nearly 3months last year, nice town but it is small. The best hostel if your staying long term is the kimberly croc lodge owned by the same people who own the yha backpackers. The rooms all have own bathrooms, tvs and small fridges(perfect for beer). It has a pool and large kitchen. Most people who stay here are working and staying long term so its a great way to meet people who are hanging around for a bit, as the people in the backpackers tend to change regularly. It is also located right across from the shops so you dont have to walk far with your food or beer!

kazza90210 thanks for the info. Appreciate it. Is it easy enough to find picking work there....and is Kimberly Croc Lodge the best spot to stay? Reading online seems the Kununurra Backpackers is bit more lively...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

getting work varies, i was told by the job shop id have a job straight away but i was waiting 3wks before i got anything. but other people got work straight away you have to keep annoying them everyday. id liked the lodge, but i met people who stayed in the other place and they liked it but its a bit outta town and would be annoying to walk there with shopping or a crate. i also didnt think the fact it was in a housing estate and the neighbours didnt seem that friendly. but you can always move hostels if your not happy so i wouldnt let my opinion sway you

Advertisement