Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Ward Solicitors Arkle Novice Chase

Options
  • 23-01-2011 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

IrishArkle.jpg

Flat Out
    is clearly a talented individual but what have we seen him do over fences so far? This will be only his second Chase start and with the blunders he made on his debut I wouldn't want to be backing him at 9/4 in this grade.

Mr Cracker is a decent horse but his credentials haven't been tested at this level either. His jumping is sound and the trainer thinks the world of him apparently. Hard to weigh up but going just on hurdles form hes fairly priced. Beat what appeared to be a non stayer in C'Est Ca last time.

Noble Prince looked a very good horse but has been knocked back a few times and didn't really have any excuses when beaten by Realt Dubh. Nolans form is supposedly improved since. Surley he'll be better over further though on his hurdles form and how he was just outpaced against RD.

Realt Dubh Obvious pick of these and ought to be favorite on all known form. Noel Meades top novice has shown plenty of ability and looks to be challenging for the Irish Independent Arkle. He's shown he stays and travels in the Drimore and has pace in the Bor Na Mona. Jumping is improved from his first run. The one to beat.

Saludos is interesting in that he was running well before falling last in the Bord Na Mona Novices. Theres no way he was going as well as the winner but Realt Dubh didn't look unbeatable that day on the run in. Robbie Power says he still had horse under him. I'm inclined to believe him, theres no knowing what he would have found. Under pressure, he found plenty from the 2nd last to the last before falling.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Realt Dubh for me. Might bet on him

Advertisement