Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deirdre Clune Election Poster Photo

Options
  • 23-01-2011 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Have any of you seen the Deirdre Clune election poster photo? I think she looks terrible on them. Maybe it's just me but I think FG and their printers could have done a lot better and painted her in a much more favourable light.

I hope it's not a sign of things to come...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

There is election posters up? Thought election posters can't go up until 30 days until election....

TErrible in what way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

A picture would be helpful for those of us who are outside of Cork. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I think it's just she looks older in them.....because she is older! A little airbrushing might have assisted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

D-Generate wrote: »
    There is election posters up? Thought election posters can't go up until 30 days until election....

Ton of them around Wilton for almost two weeks now. Bet she's more concerned with Jerry Buttimer's name being on it than the photo used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

saw one of her leaflets last week, a pic of her and James reilly, from a few years ago, both younger looking and thinner, then there were 2 more pics of her...older and heavier.....must not have had a recent pic of herself and and Dr james in a while....

http://deirdreclune.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/VHI-Version-4-Final1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

RoverJames wrote: »
    TErrible in what way ?

Her hair looks totally different. Her face looks different too. She looks kinda weird on the posters, to be honest.

And I saw her recently, looking like the woman she normally is so I don't know how she ended up looking like she does on the posters. Having said that, apparently Enda has a new hair style now also so maybe it's a party thing.

Livinginkorea, I'm sorry I have no photo or link for you. Will post if I come up with something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

scuby wrote: »
    saw one of her leaflets last week, a pic of her and James reilly, from a few years ago, both younger looking and thinner, then there were 2 more pics of her...older and heavier.....must not have had a recent pic of herself and and Dr james in a while....

http://deirdreclune.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/VHI-Version-4-Final1.pdf

That link crashed my browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

Dean820 wrote: »
    That link crashed my browser.

prob her pic !! :D

it was just a copy of a leaflet from 1/2 weeks ago, got the link off her website

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Deirdre isn't 20 any more - and the fact that she isn't airbrushing her pic trying to look 20 shows that she isn't as vain as past FF leaders i.e. Bertie's make up bill (oops I mean the tax payers). Deirdre has been working very hard on behalf of her constituents for years both as a Councillor, Lord Mayor and T.D. I hope that voting isn't dependent upon campaign posters but the politician's working record.

Billboard posters are allowed - anyone can pay for a billboard poster to go up. It's posters on walls/telegraph poles etc. that cannot go up until so many days before an election. And the way things are looking at the moment - that will be a lot earlier than any of us were expecting as they are now talking of polling day being in February and not March.

We are so in need of change - we can all make it happen! J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Who cares what they look like :)
    They're there to run the country, not to look pretty :)

Judes wrote: »
    We are so in need of change - we can all make it happen! J

There'll defo be change, there aren't enough clowns out there to keep FF in government. Problem is the damage is done and the change can't do mucg about folks pay packets having being eroded so the bondholders collect their cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

D-Generate wrote: »

Just had canvassers at my door, not able.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Kathy Sinnott used her 2004 posters in the 2009 European election. She said it was for recycling purposes, but even still she has aged a lot in 5 years.

Every single one of my non-politically minded friends voted for Toireasa Ferris in that election, think the posters was the only reason

Advertisement