Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove this Smilie!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Save the rolleyes one!

Hang on. Wasn't it removed for a while before? There was uproar about it! They replaced with a cyclops! :eek:

rolleyes.gif

Yes.

It went

Nearly everyone: 'Rar rar remove this smiley face!'

Boards.ie : 'Alright, it's gone'

Nearly everyone else: 'RAR RAR BRING IT BACK'

Boards.ie : ':rolleyes:'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Plazaman wrote: »
    I don't know. My conclusion is that connectionist models could, under a certain interpretation of what it is they model, be considered to be theories, but that this interpretation is likely to be unacceptable to many connectionists.
    Im glad Im not the only one who had no idea of what to make of this and ignored it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Dudess wrote: »

Reminds me of a clit stimulator.

I likes. In the spirit of Rampant Rabbit: Boisterous Badger.

The rim-shot thing (you press a red button) now this - are you trying to subliminally sell sex toys, Stove?

sidjames.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Earthhorse wrote: »
    a real stretch.
    Seems like the boast of a sex toy too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Its a different smilie depending on what skin you use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dudess wrote: »
    the misuse of the roll-eyes
    could you elaborate on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 onlinework4all

I hope smileys are useful to pass some hidden information or comment lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I hope smileys are useful to pass some hidden information or comment lol.

:rolleyes:

^^^^^^^^^
    only time its acceptable to use the rolleyes is in reply to a spammer who thinks he's blending in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Overheal wrote: »
    could you elaborate on this?
    Resorting to the roll-eyes just because of disagreeing with someone who has otherwise written a good post; not writing anything, just putting the roll-eyes symbol there on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

sometimes its a great one to see. For example, when a noob uses it in the wrong context.

"I love my dog, he's the happiest little dog in the world and everytime I see his little tail wagging back and forth it puts the biggest smile on my face!!!!!! :rolleyes:"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Time was that rolleyed bastard was used as a who-me, aw-shucks emoticon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

tbh wrote: »
    sometimes its a great one to see. For example, when a noob uses it in the wrong context.

"I love my dog, he's the happiest little dog in the world and everytime I see his little tail wagging back and forth it puts the biggest smile on my face!!!!!! :rolleyes:"
    Yup, people rolleyesing their own, seemingly sincere posts. Never gets old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

jd007 wrote: »
    Can we get a facepalm smiley?

facepalm.gif

Good few vBulliten forums have them, but I think if it was to become available on Boards, it would end up even more hated than the roll-eyes.

I likes Mr Smirk smirkt.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I already hate facepalm smiley more than anything which actually exists on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I think we need a hitler smiley for all those times admins and moderators are oppressing the masses.

hitler.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ok, waaaaay off topic now.

Either this thread gets back on topic or it is allowed to float away peacefully please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

LoLth wrote: »
    ok, waaaaay off topic now.

Either this thread gets back on topic or it is allowed to float away peacefully please.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Boards doesn't have a great selection of smilies.

Smug self satisfaction benah.png

Trolling
    id8dto.png

Sophistication
    monoclep.gif

joyous win
    domodance.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

We could just do away with smilies altogether. Nothing wrong with seeing the awl emoticons

Smiley assassinations I will have no part in though. Genocide or nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

ah splendid!! I never come over to these parts and just toddled over over to see what one could do about olde rolleyes. My problem with it is i dont know what it means....

To me I read it as some petulant childs face tutting me and telling me im stupid... im wrong right?

answer :rolleyes:

its rolling your eyes to heaven... i havent seen people do this in real life since i was 12. Can we revoke peoples rolleye rights? thatd be great. AH sure what do I know :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Hate that smiley with a passion. First thing I did to my gf was remove it from her repertoire :P
    Jeez, you just get kinkier ... :rolleyes:

Advertisement