Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some noise help..

Options
  • 23-01-2011 4:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

To cut a long story short. The person in the flat under us is/was playing music, watching TV with the volume at a level that made it unpleasant for us above.

The Music etc only started in the last 6 months or so and we started to bang on the floor when it got too loud and they would turn it down.( I know their entire CD collection and have listened to many an episode of the Sopranos)

Now the problem is that since then (last 2 nights), Everytime we use the toilet they are banging on the floor at us!

I have been there 8 years and my flatmate 15+ years but never had a problem till they moved in.

The landlord does not give a bollox so anyone have an idea on how to deal with this? They have ignored me ever since they moved in by the way....

My hellos have always been replied to with a dirty look and a grunt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Looks like there is a problem with the sound proofing?

Maybe the best policy would be to have a word with them and see if you can come with some arrangement that would suit you both.. Or could you try and contact their landlord if they are renting, You could try taking a case with the PRTB over it all but it seems like this could be something that could be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

2 options:

1. Hope they stop.
    2. Go down and politely ask them to stop.

Reporting to LL etc will get you nowhere.

Advertisement