Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams? Are things that bad?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

Brilliant day for the county if Fitzpatrick is elected. Least thats said about Adams the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

what did RTE say on Twitter then delete?

A tweet about Gerry Adams sent earlier in this hour from this account does not represent the views of RTÉ & has been deleted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Media999 wrote: »
    Basically saying he cant lead or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

Media999 wrote: »

I'd imagine it was speaking nothing but the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Terrific result for Adams, delighted.
    tal

Delighted for him.Shows media didnt take control of peoples minds all over the country and easily led.

Congratulations Gerry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

just like you embarresed yourself with that comment

WTBD, the beauty of a free, democratic society is that everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just as you're more than allowed to be happy with the outcome of the result, so too can people be allowed to be disappointed. I don't know if this clashes with what you believe but that's the world we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

WTBD, the beauty of a free, democratic society is that everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just as you're more than allowed to be happy with the outcome of the result, so too can people be allowed to be disappointed. I don't know if this clashes with what you believe but that's the world we live in.

I think they were refering to your spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭wee truck big driver

Easier to spell though?

i can spell loads of words like republicans, brave, undefeated, unprecedented,brilliant the list goes on. congratulations gerry your years of hardwork and dedication have been acknowledged and appreciated by the people of louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

ant043 wrote: »
    Brilliant day for the county if Fitzpatrick is elected. Least thats said about Adams the better.

A sad day for louth as a county if he gets in . A good day for the people of Dundalk that voted for him as thats all he wants to represent judging by what he has said in the media .Hes a joke and has no real clue about whats going on :eek:

i can spell loads of words like republicans, brave, undefeated, unprecedented,brilliant the list goes on. congratulations gerry your years of hardwork and dedication have been acknowledged and appreciated by the people of louth.

Some of the people of Louth, hopefully he will earn the appreciation of all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

A sad day for louth as a county if he gets in . A good day for the people of Dundalk that voted for him as thats all he wants to represent judging by what he has said in the media .Hes a joke and has no real clue about whats going on :eek:

I'm guessing that you're from Drogheda? where Micheal Bell was voted in for decades, now HE was a joke!

ant043 wrote: »

in his pre match after meath where handed the leinster final. form the minute he opened his mouth till the minute he closed i was just hoping he would go away, i was cringeing, now that was embarassing and unfortunatly like his career with louth as a politican i dont think he will be getting much t.v coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

Gerry Adams. :mad:

Louth has let the country down.

I think they were refering to your spelling.

1. The original comment was not aimed at me.
    2. I presumed it was aimed at his dislike of the winner of the election. I presumed this because I also presumed someone who seems to struggle with basic punctuation and grammar would not call someone out over their spelling on an internet message board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

i am so upset that people in louth voted in that despicable adams.to think that we will have to look at him in any tv dail coverage and listen to him talking about this country,in that ghastly accent.he doesnt give a damn about us in this country,he should have stayed in his own one.i am so disillusioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

hamlet1 wrote: »
    i am so upset that people in louth voted in that despicable adams.to think that we will have to look at him in any tv dail coverage and listen to him talking about this country,in that ghastly accent.he doesnt give a damn about us in this country,he should have stayed in his own one.i am so disillusioned.
    yawn

2. I presumed it was aimed at his dislike of the winner of the election. I presumed this because I also presumed someone who seems to struggle with basic punctuation and grammar would not call someone out over their spelling on an internet message board.

Youre right, I only copped on myself as the comments developed.

am always amused at how some people are more interested in punctuation and spelling than actual content. i find its usually because they or losing the actual argument, would you agree?

i am even more disillusioned that somebody would describe the north of ireland as a different country ( surely even the name is a give away )

in his pre match after meath where handed the leinster final. form the minute he opened his mouth till the minute he closed i was just hoping he would go away, i was cringeing, now that was embarassing and unfortunatly like his career with louth as a politican i dont think he will be getting much t.v coverage

Content :eek:

• Advertisement

am always amused at how some people are more interested in punctuation and spelling than actual content. i find its usually because they or losing the actual argument, would you agree?

You (I think) started it with your post about how someone misspelled a word though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

Awww poor puddin. Is our Gerry not you're cup of tea? He's done alot of good and fair play to him and the people of Louth.

Content :eek:

point proven

You (I think) started it with your post about how someone misspelled a word though :confused:

your mistaken

your mistaken

Fair enough. Then refer to my earlier post about how you can't slam other people's opinions if you want yours respected, and how it's the joy of a free society that we can have whatever opinions we want. I only brought up the grammar and punctuation cause there was a belief on here your comment earlier about how someone should be embarrassed was aimed at someone's spelling and not at someone's annoyance at the man chosen to represent us.

EDIT: And it's "You're" or "You are", not "Your" :P

point proven

Jesus, you must be having a few beers celebrating Gerry's victory, understandable in the circumstances!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

i am so upset that people in louth voted in that despicable adams.to think that we will have to look at him in any tv dail coverage and listen to him talking about this country,in that ghastly accent
    :eek:
    The Louth accent doesn't remind me of a French bird whispering sweet nothings in my ear neither.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    :eek:
    The Louth accent doesn't remind me of a French bird whispering sweet nothings in my ear neither.

Galway West? The voice of an angel.

Fair enough. Then refer to my earlier post about how you can't slam other people's opinions if you want yours respected, and how it's the joy of a free society that we can have whatever opinions we want. I only brought up the grammar and punctuation cause there was a belief on here your comment earlier about how someone should be embarrassed was aimed at someone's spelling and not at someone's annoyance at the man chosen to represent us.

EDIT: And it's "You're" or "You are", not "Your" :P

its a free country at least most of it is and the people of louth have spoken and there message couldnt be any clearer

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Galway West? The voice of an angel.
    You'd be surprised how far it'd get ya.;)
    Anyway, you obviously missed the quite obvious sarcasm in my post, so I'd better be a bit more blunt:
    Moaning about anyone because of their accent is a bit silly.
    Got it that time?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement