Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Adams? Are things that bad?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

gerrys getting elected to those who dont like that tough titty no amount of abusing here is going to change that and will make you all look even stupider when he romps home by the way what does one of the dirtiest players to ever pull on a clans jersey know about politics

by the way what does playing for the clans and his playing style have to do with politics.

If you insist on using flawed logic be prepared for it to be thrown back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Sinn Fein has only one single political objective: United Ireland. So as regards to ordinary Politics in the republic all they appeal do are ultra left people who would prefer to see Ireland a semi communist state outside the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭wee truck big driver

SDTimeout wrote: »
    by the way what does playing for the clans and his playing style have to do with politics.

If you insist on using flawed logic be prepared for it to be thrown back.

absolutely nothing and thats the whole point he has no political history or ability but his playing style of going for the player not the ball and fouling when the ref was out of sight gives us a picture of his personality

alex73 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein has only one single political objective: United Ireland. So as regards to ordinary Politics in the republic all they appeal do are ultra left people who would prefer to see Ireland a semi communist state outside the EU.

thats what i would like to see too thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

absolutely nothing and thats the whole point he has no political history or ability but his playing style of going for the player not the ball and fouling when the ref was out of sight gives us a picture of his personality

So what picture of Gerry Adams' personality should we get from his history?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Regardless of the picture of his personality ( which you are wrong about by the way )

Fitzer has been involved in many campaigns for FG over the past 6-7 years. Perhaps you should look into it before you claim all of this stuff. He may not have ran, does not mean he actively didn't contribute to other campaigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

gerrys getting elected to those who dont like that tough titty no amount of abusing here is going to change that and will make you all look even stupider when he romps home by the way what does one of the dirtiest players to ever pull on a clans jersey know about politics

Are you sure you're not Gerry? That sentence (?) is just incoherent enough to come from him.

Finding fault in a flawed policy statement is not abuse. It's an educated electorate asking genuine questions and pointing out genuine concerns.

Making little of other candidates is not becoming of anybody. Can we look at Gerry's past, and his style of conflict resolution as well? If so, who on earth would elect him to any democratic institution?

I feel he will get a seat but that does not negate fair and justified criticism of his policies or background.

Bosh wrote: »
    So what picture of Gerry Adams' personality should we get from his history?

a brave man who has dedicated and risked his life for the things he believes in . he spends all his time working for that cause for no financial gain. as for peter fitzpatrick working for fine gael 1000s of others have but strangely enough the people who have done the most for fine gael and where due a shot at the election where pushed aside for fitzpatrick and he accepted what does that say about him. now if only fine gael could get somebody like graham geraghty to stand in meath and what about george lee in dublin how about grainne seoige in galway mick o dwyer in kerry ray darcy in kildare we would hae a mighty team representing us in the dail

Are you sure you're not Gerry? That sentence (?) is just incoherent enough to come from him.

Finding fault in a flawed policy statement is not abuse. It's an educated electorate asking genuine questions and pointing out genuine concerns.

Making little of other candidates is not becoming of anybody. Can we look at Gerry's past, and his style of conflict resolution as well? If so, who on earth would elect him to any democratic institution?

I feel he will get a seat but that does not negate fair and justified criticism of his policies or background.

you feel he might win a seat when everybody else knows he will sail in

a brave man who has dedicated and risked his life for the things he believes in . he spends all his time working for that cause for no financial gain. as for peter fitzpatrick working for fine gael 1000s of others have but strangely enough the people who have done the most for fine gael and where due a shot at the election where pushed aside for fitzpatrick and he accepted what does that say about him. now if only fine gael could get somebody like graham geraghty to stand in meath and what about george lee in dublin how about grainne seoige in galway mick o dwyer in kerry ray darcy in kildare we would hae a mighty team representing us in the dail

First of all, try using the 'enter' key after one or two sentences, it might then be possible to make some sense of this incoherent rambling.

You obviously think Adams can do no wrong and that Fitzpatrick is unsuitable.

At least Fitzpatrick, of whom I know very little, is from Louth whereas Adams has as much connection with this county as the Pope.

He has so far shown me nothing that would in any way encourage me to vote for him, his party has no meaningful policy on any of the current issues facing the country.

They are simply trading on the Republican sentiment and the disaffection with the main political parties.

• Advertisement

you feel he might win a seat when everybody else knows he will sail in

I raise issues with you and all you can do is be pedantic. :rolleyes:
    Can you comprehend the points being made at all?

OK. Gerry wants to scrap the IMF bailout (you want to use the pensions fund which would only cover 3 months current expenditure) how will we pay Gardaí, Teachers, Nurses, etc?

SF will stimulate the economy with infrastructure projects- where will the funds come from.

Come on, let's get specific. We're all capable of understanding the complexities involved so don't be afraid to enlighten us.

Any chance you can re-state this, so I can actually make sense of it? I'd welcome an opportunity to respond but I need to know what point(s) you are making. There's something about GA risking his life then it goes gaa-gaa. As for risking his life; don't start me on his affect on the lives of many others.:mad:

First of all, try using the 'enter' key after one or two sentences, it might then be possible to make some sense of this incoherent rambling.

You obviously think Adams can do no wrong and that Fitzpatrick is unsuitable.

At least Fitzpatrick, of whom I know very little, is from Louth whereas Adams has as much connection with this county as the Pope.

He has so far shown me nothing that would in any way encourage me to vote for him, his party has no meaningful policy on any of the current issues facing the country.

They are simply trading on the Republican sentiment and the disaffection with the main political parties.

iam sorry you dont seem to be able to understand my incoherent ramblings. understand this gerry adams spent more time in this county than a lot of the people who will be voting in this county but more importantly gerry shares a political veiw that a lot of people in this county do if you cant understand any of this it is irrelavant because gerry is a dead cert to be your representitive in the next dail

iam sorry you dont seem to be able to understand my incoherent ramblings. understand this gerry adams spent more time in this county than a lot of the people who will be voting in this county but more importantly gerry shares a political veiw that a lot of people in this county do if you cant understand any of this it is irrelavant because gerry is a dead cert to be your representitive in the next dail

So you said, repeatedly. :rolleyes:

Next....

Any chance you can re-state this, so I can actually make sense of it? I'd welcome an opportunity to respond but I need to know what point(s) you are making. There's something about GA risking his life then it goes gaa-gaa. As for risking his life; don't start me on his affect on the lives of many others.:mad:

i presume you are speaking of the thousand of lifes he has saved by ending the war and accepting the british promise of a withdrawal from the six counties of ireland and the lives saved in the catholic areas of the six counties by the armed resistance to the british goverment supported loyalists who where trying to commit genocide on the irish catholic part of that islan

i presume you are speaking of the thousand of lifes he has saved by ending the war and accepting the british promise of a withdrawal from the six counties of ireland and the lives saved in the catholic areas of the six counties by the armed resistance to the british goverment supported loyalists who where trying to commit genocide on the irish catholic part of that islan

Oh dear Lord.....

Is he going for election or sainthood. :rolleyes:

We get your belaboured point, give it a rest & come up with something new, please.

So you said, repeatedly. :rolleyes:

Next....

next in a few years when people realise there is no difference in f.f/greens and f.g/lab running the country we will probably have 2 sinn fein t.ds in this county trying to rebuild the country from an even bigger mess

gerry is a dead cert to be your representitive in the next dail

Let's just remind Gerry, and yourself, that we have a mutli-representative system here (unlike Britain where Gerry is used to a single rep system); therefore you at best can say he could be one of our representatives. ;)

As for the rest of your repeated ramble - a full stop, comma, of capital letter might make it legible.

Now, any replay to the policy issues I've raised with you on a couple of posts? Or have you to wait until central office gives you the reponse?

Oh sweet Lord! Saved lives? Saved Lives? Do you know you recent history at all? I'm not going to go much further in case SF and Gerry take it out on Boards.ie but look at the lives lost.

Oh sweet Lord! Saved lives? Saved Lives? Do you know you recent history at all? I'm not going to go much further in case SF and Gerry take it out on Boards.ie but look at the lives lost.

yes there was a war you probably slept through it sure once you were south of the border and closed your eyes and ears and ignore the people north of the border who where suffering because the 26 counties goverment had hung them out to dry sure if you admitted that you might have to act to help them or at least have some shame for the neglect you shown them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

GA is well acquainted with the border area, what with many of his old chums farming and storing diesel there so accusing him of not spending time in Louth is moot.

Also true is that there is a sizeable community of ex-letter bomb senders (brought the Brits to their knees that campaign did) living in Dundalk who share GA worldview.

SF should drop Adams as leader and elect Pearse Doherty. GA is an embarrassment and though Louth will probably send the baron to Leinster House SF will lose voters put off by the big carbomb sized hole in his economic knowledge.

In my opinion SF should stand a candidate from the area.

Let's just remind Gerry, and yourself, that we have a mutli-representative system here (unlike Britain where Gerry is used to a single rep system); therefore you at best can say he could be one of our representatives. ;)

As for the rest of your repeated ramble - a full stop, comma, of capital letter might make it legible.

Now, any replay to the policy issues I've raised with you on a couple of posts? Or have you to wait until central office gives you the reponse?

iam not a member of sinn fein so have no restictions on me saying what i think. but also have no ability to speak on there behalf and wouldnt waste my time trying to convert non believers. because realistically if i could show you how not having to shell out 100 billion to save banks that will inevitably fail and not following the same economic policies that got us here would work you would still vote finegael so why bother

yes there was a war you probably slept through it sure once you were south of the border and closed your eyes ...

The first 22 words were all that made sense before some sort of puntuation was needed. Anyway, don't you dare tell me I know nothing of the deaths in NI. I can assure you I was closer to some who died than you ever were. I was closer to the acts of inhumanity than you ever were. How dare you assume you know anything about me or my experiences. You sound like all those armchair patriots who waffle on about the struggle. :mad:

Oh, any response yet on the policy issues??????????

iam not a member of sinn fein so have no restictions on me saying what i think. but also have no ability to speak on there behalf and wouldnt waste my time trying to convert non believers. because realistically if i could show you how not having to shell out 100 billion to save banks that will inevitably fail and not following the same economic policies that got us here would work you would still vote finegael so why bother

Now you're making an utter fool of yourself. You'll vote for a party whose policies you don't understand. You think the bank bail-out is the only financial problem in this country. Lord help us if you are typical of the electorate in Louth - though judging by the posts here you are far from it.
    As for who I'll vote for - you haven't the faintest notion!

The first 22 words were all that made sense before some sort of puntuation was needed. Anyway, don't you dare tell me I know nothing of the deaths in NI. I can assure you I was closer to some who died than you ever were. I was closer to the acts of inhumanity than you ever were. How dare you assume you know anything about me or my experiences. You sound like all those armchair patriots who waffle on about the struggle. :mad:

Oh, any response yet on the policy issues??????????

no because i dont speak on there behalf but i would be interested to hear who these acts of inhumanity where carried out by maybe you could convert me to the fine gael point of view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I think you need to read up more on the troubles and the role Adams played in convincing the Army council etc to embrace politics.

Now you're making an utter fool of yourself. You'll vote for a party whose policies you don't understand. You think the bank bail-out is the only financial problem in this country. Lord help us if you are typical of the electorate in Louth - though judging by the posts here you are far from it.
    As for who I'll vote for - you haven't the faintest notion!

you wnt to know how sinn fein will sort out the finanical crisis created by the major political parties in ireland. simple by not following the same policies of th last twenty years

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I think you need to read up more on the troubles and the role Adams played in convincing the Army council etc to embrace politics.

True, but also not forgetting his role before this. GA is a fascinating character worthy of study.

..not forgetting his role before this...

Oh how true. People want to wipe this from history but too many of us know the truth to allow it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

you wnt to know how sinn fein will sort out the finanical crisis created by the major political parties in ireland. simple by not following the same policies of th last twenty years

Just a question, and I don't mean this to abusive or come accross as if I'm trying to start problems. It's a genuine question.

It's well and good saying "We won't do this" like you have, but then the next question comes naturally; What will you do? It strikes me as if the SF campaign is based around "we won't do this" and "we won't do that" ("We won't accept the IMF bailout." "We won't follow the same policies of the last twenty years") and that's ok. I'm all for saying you disagree with what the current government stand for. But in the process, you have got to provide viable alternatives. You've got to outline what you WILL do. So I ask? What will SF do to pull us out of the economic slump? Not what will you not do, cause doing nothing is not going to work; what WILL you do?

What are the alternatives that SF and Gerry Adams are putting forward?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement