Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Online/download

Options
  • 23-01-2011 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know any good Aussie website for watching films, series etc online? Or downloading them?
    Its so annoying that we cant watch 4 oD over here or RTE!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Did ya come the whole way to Oz to watch fair city?. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

Feelgood wrote: »
    Did ya come the whole way to Oz to watch fair city?. :P

I did ya :) ah no, Aussie TV just annoys me with the shocking amount of ad's!! Also onlyy have 3 channels so never much good on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Hi,
    Does anyone know any good Aussie website for watching films, series etc online? Or downloading them?
    Its so annoying that we cant watch 4 oD over here or RTE!!

Use a VPN Service ,

www.overplay.net is awesome and you can watch all the US ,Ireland, UK Tv you want ,

BTW I have no connection with them ,

I have 2 nephews working on an Oil Refinery on the West Coast of Canada and they swear by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

Does anyone know of anywhere we can get access to rte player without paying for it? Looking to get to Watch Raw....OH loves it!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Acording to RTE
    RTÉ has become one of the first broadcasters in the world to launch a comprehensive international online TV catch-up service (RTÉ Player) for those with an Irish connection living abroad.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0113/player.html

Would love to know if this is true or not .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

The TV3 player works over there ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Ozeire wrote: »
    Acording to RTE

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0113/player.html

Would love to know if this is true or not .

Worked for me in Spain before Christmas with no VPN/Proxy

Does anyone know of anywhere we can get access to rte player without paying for it? Looking to get to Watch Raw....OH loves it!

overplay is £6.95 , The free proxies are crap , You will not regret the small fee for overplay

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Worked for me in Spain before Christmas with no VPN/Proxy

The International version has been around for at least a year and does work but in a very limited fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

RTE works over here, I watch PrimeTime on it every week

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone. I'll try them out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I did ya :) ah no, Aussie TV just annoys me with the shocking amount of ad's!! Also onlyy have 3 channels so never much good on!!

The editing of films is even more bizarre. They cut some classic lines from Goodfellas, yet they kept in other but not notable parts with the exact same level of bad language, dont get it at all.

Hate Aussie tv anyway, the amount of cooking shows is having a laugh. Masterchef is worse than Big Brother back home in terms of media coverage and absoloute sh1teness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

hussey wrote: »
    RTE works over here, I watch PrimeTime on it every week

Does that work well for you? The new RTE player is a bit of a balls as it keeps playing and buffering over and over again. Not happy with it, makes watching stuff on it annoying.
    TV3 player is fine though, works a treat.

Hey Guys

I know no one in Ireland can view these but can you guys in Oz watch them.

Or can anyone in OZ view any thing at Channel 4 OD

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/relocation-phil-down-under/4od#3153780

Just want to see what I can and can't watch when I get down there

Hey Guys

I know no one in Ireland can view these but can you guys in Oz watch them.

Incorrect !

I am here in Athlone and viewing 4oD / Phil Down under with no bother ,
    Save yourselves the hassle and use overplay.net all this chat of what works where is unnescessary.
    I can view Tv from around the world use spotify.com etc etc etc. all for 6.95 and it's brill and befire you ask I dont have any connection with them .:D

I know people in Ireland can view CH4 OD

What I was asking was can people in Oz view the 2 youtube vids i attached

Also can people in Oz view vids at

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/r...er/4od#3153780

I know what we can and can't view in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

I know people in Ireland can view CH4 OD

What I was asking was can people in Oz view the 2 youtube vids i attached

Also can people in Oz view vids at

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/r...er/4od#3153780

I know what we can and can't view in Ireland

yes to the youtube links no for the other one

The editing of films is even more bizarre. They cut some classic lines from Goodfellas, yet they kept in other but not notable parts with the exact same level of bad language, dont get it at all.

Hate Aussie tv anyway, the amount of cooking shows is having a laugh. Masterchef is worse than Big Brother back home in terms of media coverage and absoloute sh1teness.

There is a crazy amount of news to! And its so annoying its like, 9 news at 6 on ten. Or 'watch today, tonight, tomorrow!!' fair annoys me!! I know its not a big thing but it annoys me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

Anyone use www.streampro.tv?

Looks good and price seems ok.

Also anyone have any idea how you can record this streaming on your computer then watch it back at a more reasonable time?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Lads it is one thing to link to a legal streams - but please no bit torrent sites - I'm not sure of the legal stand point of posting links to TV torrent sites

If it can be pointed out that we can then I'll happy to undelete - but until then stick to legal links

• Advertisement
Advertisement