Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Gray & Richard Keys in hot "sexist" water .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

In fairness, the only line she should have been looking after was the washing line...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Devil08 wrote: »
    In fairness, the only line she should have been looking after was the washing line...

In fairness she got a really tight decision spot on for the Torres goal .

Good. Thats her job. Should we be applauding people now for doing what is expected of them?
    Good luck to her and I wish her all the best. Im all for getting women involved in the game if it helps the game. But for her own sake I think she is mad. One bad decision and people will say she got it wrong just because she is a women. She cant win really.

Good. Thats her job. Should we be applauding people now for doing what is expected of them?
    Good luck to her and I wish her all the best. Im all for getting women involved in the game if it helps the game. But for her own sake I think she is mad. One bad decision and people will say she got it wrong just because she is a women. She cant win really.

I was simply trying to put some contrast into how ridiculous and unfounded Gray&Keys comments are .They had no reason to say such crap .

Fair play to her but I also will judge her like any other lines man .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Fair play to her but she must be crazy to take it on. It bollocks like the post above X 1000 she has to face. Hope it works out for her but I doubt it.

• Advertisement

I agree. They shouldnt have been saying those things given the professional capacity they are in. Weve seen loads of people get into trouble for things like this. (Brand & Ross springs to mind). Im sure loads of people around them heard their conversation too. Im not surpirsed though TBH. I have little respect for Andy Gray. I dont know how he has managed to blag a career in football for so long with the amount of rubbish he talks. Likewise with Richard 'hairy hands' keys. He is an average presenter who knows very little about football in fairness.

note: the joke I posted was light humour and I dont expect people to take it too serious! Im not sexist and really do wish her all the best!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

mixednuts wrote: »

Fair play to her but I also will judge her like any other lines man .

I had to start saying lines-person yesterday...is that going too far in being PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Is there any way to implicate Jamie Redknapp in this as well ?

If all three were sacked football coverage would be saved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is there any way to implicate Jamie Redknapp in this as well ?

If all three were sacked football coverage would be saved

Nah Redknapp was probably trying to eat a crayon after getting bored with his colouring book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Ron Atkinson got the sack for racist comments off mic. Wonder will the same fate befall these two? Highly doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

She has been much, much better than her male counterparts in both games I've watched her officiating in this year (Sunderland V Blackpool and Wolves V Liverpool).

Keys has previous, and people have lost jobs for much less. However, Keys and Gray are bulletproof at Sky so just like the Theo Walcott stuff, expect this to be brushed under the carpet.

Ron Atkinson got the sack for racist comments off mic. Wonder will the same fate befall these two? Highly doubt it.

I think this was worse though in fairness and he said it like he meant it. AFAIK he said Desailly was a lazy ni**er. Pretty bad stuff to be saying on air!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Rodney Marsh was given the boot for comments he made so in the interest of consistency these two have to go.

Is that lineswoman still going in the LoI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Is that lineswoman still going in the LoI?

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

FFS a load of crap over nothing, they where just having a laugh, we all said the same thing ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If a ref or linesman gets a tight important decision right he's always given credit by the commentators.
    I'm sure if she made it to this level she knows the stick she'll get, but if anyone says she's made a mistake because she's a woman will just be shown up for a sexist idiot.

Would love to see the 2 clowns sacked. Sky have to do something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    FFS a load of crap over nothing, they where just having a laugh, we all said the same thing ourselves.

Eh we did not.

Big big difference in what you say all the time with your mates and what you say on tv.

Can you imagine if all refs and linespeople were female?? There would be a lot more respect in the game for sure. I dont think you would see players screaming at refs and being in their faces all time if they were female. Interesting.

Can you imagine if all refs and linespeople were female?? There would be a lot more respect in the game for sure. I dont think you would see players screaming at refs and being in their faces all time if they were female. Interesting.

This guy has found a novel way of replacing the screaming ...

/shamelessly stolen from Dub13 post ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Big big difference in what you say all the time with your mates and what you say on tv.
    They thought the mics where off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is hot sexist water like a sexy holy water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Tbh, while that would stop some players, I think quite a few would still be at it, and some would be worse than if it was a male.

RasTa wrote: »
    Is hot sexist water like a sexy holy water?

Only better .. With no shame or penance afterwards.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

FA fined Babel £10k for a harmless joke about Howard Webb. Will they comment on the 'jokes' from Keys and Gray about one of their officials?

But they weren't.
    Funny that they tried to deny it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Can't agree with you Muss.

Regardless of they thought the mics were off or not, total lack of respect and professionalism. I know it's not exactly the same but would it wash with your boss if you were caught calling them a 'pri-ck' if you thought they couldn't hear?

The boys were in work, got caught being arseholes and should either have the decency to come out today and go look it was a bit of banter apologise and take the rap. I doubt they will and fully expect sky to bottle it as they have to keep the gray and keyes fans happy on their skysportsmegasuperfootballOMGwow

Dub13 wrote: »
    FA fined Babel £10k for a harmless joke about Howard Webb. Will they comment on the 'jokes' from Keys and Gray about one of their officials?

The FA have nothing to do with Gray and Keys though do they? It would be up to Sky to deal with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Am I surprised about this comment, not at all?
    I hear the usual nuckle-dragging, racist, xenophobic, homophobic cr@p, and it doesn't make it right. I sickens me to the core.

let her be judged on her performances on the line, nothing else, and certainly not pre-judged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Well no, considering that te FA and Gray and Keys have no connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Rodney Marsh was given the boot for comments he made so in the interest of consistency these two have to go.

Yeah, Marsh made a tsunami/Toon Army joke which some people took offence to. Keys and Gray are on a higher level than he was though so this will no doubt be swept under the carpet.

A sheepish apology at the start of todays coverage is probably even too much to expect (The head on Graeme Souness after Darragh Moloney had to apologise for his "rape" comment was hilarious!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Fair play to her. If I was bothered, I would love to do what she is doing in the mans game!

I'd love to give Keys and Gray a right good bollocking and I hope Sky gives them a public warning or a fine for being so unprofessional.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

We should all be thankful though as for once we have a decent story involving Andy and Richie.

The FA have nothing to do with Gray and Keys though do they? It would be up to Sky to deal with them.
    baz2009 wrote: »
    Well no, considering that te FA and Gray and Keys have no connection.

They are the face of football for millions of viewers,Sky and the FA have a huge commercial contract.The least the FA could do is back up this lady with some kind of comment,and not hide away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It gets closer everyday. Most of you probably never saw this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

good luck to her, maybe with more women in the game the sport will actually "man up" up a bit and stop becoming a f**king laughing stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I agree. They shouldnt have been saying those things given the professional capacity they are in. Weve seen loads of people get into trouble for things like this. (Brand & Ross springs to mind). Im sure loads of people around them heard their conversation too. Im not surpirsed though TBH. I have little respect for Andy Gray. I dont know how he has managed to blag a career in football for so long with the amount of rubbish he talks. Likewise with Richard 'hairy hands' keys. He is an average presenter who knows very little about football in fairness.

note: the joke I posted was light humour and I dont expect people to take it too serious! Im not sexist and really do wish her all the best!!

Might help if you stick a smiley face on the end and that would distinguish a joking post from a serious post..............
    I was well annoyed when I read your initial post but once I'd read on a little further and realised it was a pun joke I thought it was quite funny:D
    so use the smiley....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

As much as Id love to see Keys and Gray sacked (Because I cant stand the pair of them), I dont think it will happen. I reckon Sky wanted Rodney Marsh gone, and his tsunami remark gave them the excuse to do it. Reading Jeff Stellings book, though he didnt say it, it was quite obvious they wanted him gone

Remember too that Frank McAvenue got away with the David O'Leary remark (When the panel were full of praise for O'Leary, Frank was asked if he has any bad points, to which Frank replied ''Yea he's a pedophile''), had they wanted rid of him, he would have gone then. I reckon its the same with Gray and Keys, Sky want to keep them

Keys and Gray should know better then to say something like that with the microphones around, and as others have said, its a shame Jamie Redknapp wasent implicated also

The irony is that if they could muster up the courage to be as frank and forthright in their opinions of the performances of managers and players in their analysis as they were of the linesman, they'd be far better at what they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's AnchorMAN, not AnchorLady, that is a scientific FACT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

a laugh?

sorry, i'm all for a laugh, but when it's a sexist overtone at the expense of a woman who actually got the decision absolutely spot on, it's absolutely pathetic.

if she came on air and called Gray a bit of a simple Scotsman for analysing it incorrectly, what do you think he'd expect to happen to her?

they should get the can for this, but they won't.

• Advertisement

I don't see the big deal over something that was meant as a private conversation. They didn't break any laws or anything.

Andy Gray stole his best mate's wife,he is a classy guy all round.

Was it at gunpoint?

Or was it a case of them fancying each other?

Are they still best mates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Did anyone even care to realise this story originated from the Daily Mail?

Personally I wouldn't like to see them sacked but I would like to see them issue a grovelling apology on the TV and acknowledge that those women are even tougher and more capable cos they've had a much more difficult time getting to the same position in their respective careers as their male counterparts............

Personally I wouldn't like to see them sacked but I would like to see them issue a grovelling apology on the TV and acknowledge that those women are even tougher and more capable cos they've had a much more difficult time getting to the same position in their respective careers as their male counterparts............

That's just sexist!

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't see the big deal over something that was meant as a private conversation. They didn't break any laws or anything.

You don't have to break a law to be an a**hole which these two were:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

eagle eye wrote: »
    Was it at gunpoint?

Or was it a case of them fancying each other?

are you serious?

you must be playing devil's advocate for kicks or something?

are you looking to defend Gray on that as well?

because if you are, i'm glad we're not mates.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    That's just sexist!
    :D
    I know, god it feels sooooooo good!!!!!:p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement