Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Gray & Richard Keys in hot "sexist" water .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    While I won't miss his punditry, he was well able for dramatic commentary, and that I'll miss. I had grown accustomed to it.

Have to agree with this, I actually like him and Martin Tyler commentating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

From Twitter:
    Take a P45 son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

DH2K9 wrote: »
    When was that?

Was off air in December. This has been reported on Sky News as the reason why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Yeah Charlotte Jackson didnt look too pleased in that video after he said it, so no wonder he was sacked for that.

Will probably miss his co-commentary but wont miss his punditry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Great news alright, Gray and Keys gone. Sky were left with no option. As much as they would have liked to keep them, they were under immense public pressure to sack them both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

SantryRed wrote: »
    Dean Windass? Seriously? Chap can't string two sentences together without stuttering 10 times.
    Have to laugh at Dean Windass on his soccer saturday reports, hes clearly there for his novelty northern element.

Alan Smith is fairly good though, Don Goodman isn't bad either. Sky will pay top dollar to someone though, would Lawrenson up sticks I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Warper wrote: »
    Great news alright, Gray and Keys gone. Sky were left with no option. As much as they would have liked to keep them, they were under immense public pressure to sack them both.

Is Keys gone too?

Now that would be good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

WHAT A HIT SON!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I thought Alladyce was actually very good last night, didn't talk too much and wasn't full of too many cliches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Warper wrote: »

Has Keys gone as well? Would be great if he was as I cant stand him as a presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

gavredking wrote: »
    Bring Kammie or Merson in :D

Bertie Ahern FTW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I know people threaten to cancel Sky and berate it all the time, but if this means Jamie Redknapp gets promoted to co-commentator, I will set my fúcking television on fire I swear to God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Keys isn't gone. Not yet anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Getting the sack is a bit much ..I reckon they have more on him or something else is about to hit the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And Ms. Massey has been withdrawn from the game she was supposed to be officiating tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭GampDub

gavredking wrote: »
    Bring Kammie or Merson in :D

Defo have Kammy in there... the lad who does Goals on sunday without him is not bad either! Pretty inoffensive anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

dooferoaks wrote: »
    I thought Alladyce was actually very good last night, didn't talk too much and wasn't full of too many cliches.

You can't possibly say that he was better than andy gray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

dooferoaks wrote: »

He was fairly crap I thought.

Martin Tyler: Josh McEachran is coming on, won the youth cup last year with Chelsea.

2 minutes later,

Big Sam: I think Chelsea won the youth cup last year didn't they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Keys isn't gone. Not yet anyways.

Nuts. Whatever the rights or wrongs of this, my only hope is that Richard Keys is sacked. I hate the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Yeah Charlotte Jackson didnt look too pleased in that video after he said it, so no wonder he was sacked for that.

Will probably miss his co-commentary but wont miss his punditry.

Yeah she didn't looked too pleased, as can be understood, fair play to her for ignoring it,

What a disgusting way to act towards the girl, he deserved the sack for that, I hope she reported him at the time and now it has come back to bite him in the ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Himself, Rodney Marsh, Ron Atkinson and all the other disgraced should set up a rival sports channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    I know people threaten to cancel Sky and berate it all the time, but if this means Jamie Redknapp gets promoted to co-commentator, I will set my fúcking television on fire I swear to God.

Right there with you on that,pity they couldn't do the same to redknapp!!

Will miss gray all the same,he was mr.sky sports really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

In all reality, not a sackable offence.

Nuts. Whatever the rights or wrongs of this, my only hope is that Richard Keys is sacked. I hate the man.

I have a feeling Keys will get away with it because he apoligized:(

Johner wrote: »
    He was fairly crap I thought.

Martin Tyler: Josh McEachran is coming on, won the youth cup last year with Chelsea.

2 minutes later,

Big Sam: I think Chelsea won the youth cup last year didn't they.

Nothing wrong with reminding us who won the Youth Cup last year. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

what the fúck's the point?!

it's like getting rid of Laurel, but keeping Hardy.

get rid of Keys GODAMMIT!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I don't know how anyone can complain about Gray's sacking after the Charlotte Jackson clip. He had to go for that! No doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

hopefully it will put an end to that awful bollox they started doing on MNF.

It would take them months to re-train someone to use that stupid ****ing machine !! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Voltwad wrote: »
    For being sexiest.Twice?The fact its the 2nd time may be why hes gone and not Keys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Keys will stay..
    They get Ruud Gullit in full time now watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Glad he's gone, might listen to Sky commentary now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Sky have sacked football presenter Andy Gray with immediate effect.

The pundit had already been disciplined for sexist comments made about female referee Sian Massey before Saturday's match between Wolves and Liverpool.

The 55-year-old and colleague Richard Keys were stood down for Monday's match between Bolton and Chelsea.

And on Tuesday, Sky said they terminated Gray's contract "in response to new evidence of unacceptable and offensive behaviour".

Sky's statement continued: "The new evidence, relating to an off-air incident that took place in December, 2010, came to light after Andy Gray had already been subjected to disciplinary action for his comments of 22 January, 2011."

Sky Sports managing director Barney Francis said: "Andy Gray's contract has been terminated for unacceptable behaviour. After issuing a warning yesterday, we have no hesitation in taking this action after becoming aware of new information today."

BBC

Sian Massey has been withdrawn from the Bradford V Crewe game tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Wow didnt see this coming at all. I wonder if keys will walk if he doesnt get fired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I don't know how anyone can complain about Gray's sacking after the Charlotte Jackson clip. He had to go for that! No doubt about it.

Yeah but isn't it suspicious that it suddenly emerged? Something about this is very dodgy.

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    hopefully it will put an end to that awful bollox they started doing on MNF.

It would take them months to re-train someone to use that stupid ****ing machine !! :pac:

It's just a gigantic iPad is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Keys to apply for any future Planet of the Apes remakes.

Smegball wrote: »
    Keys to apply for any future Planet of the Apes remakes.

Think he might be too hirsute for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Voltwad wrote: »

Well being 2 immature, out dated twats isn't sackable, the comments are a disgrace. It's like something a teenage lad would say with a few lads around for show, most of us grow out of it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

MD1990 wrote: »
    Keys will stay..
    They get Ruud Gullit in full time now watch

Be a long old commute for him from Chechnia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

kamara300.jpg

I'd just love if they promoted him to Andy's job haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Soby wrote: »
    For being sexiest.Twice?The fact its the 2nd time may be why hes gone and not Keys

You need a lobotomy if you think gray is sexiest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

They probably knew about the other clip the whole time, but just threw it out there for an excuse to sack one but not the other.

Otherwise they'd have to have sacked both of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Will EA release a new a patch to remove him from Fifa?

I'm playing my Career mode in the Bundesliga and I'm sick of hearing about the time he nearly signed for Schalke.... but didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

wonder if they will take him off FIFA 12. I hate him on FIFA games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Was was Sian massey withrawn from the match tonight? Is it coincidence?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

All the shouting for Kammy is a bit silly because after 3 games people would grow weary of his silliness.

To be honest all I want is someone with a clear voice, a knowledge of the game and someone who can give insightful analysis.

Surely that's not too much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nice wan

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Was was Sian massey withrawn from the match tonight? Is it coincidence?

To protect her from the media, I presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wow, geninely surprised. Maybe SKY saw an opportunity to get rid of a tired act.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement