Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Gray & Richard Keys in hot "sexist" water .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    You need a lobotomy if you think gray is sexiest.

Well I certainly don't think Gray is the sexiest. ;)

Do you honestly think he shouldn't have been sacked? Taking the Charlotte Jackson comment into consideration? He clearly hasn't been sacked for what happened on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

smokedeels wrote: »
    Will EA release a new a patch to remove him from Fifa?

I'm playing my Career mode in the Bundesliga and I'm sick of hearing about the time he nearly signed for Schalke.... but didn't.

whenever he starts into a story I just shoot so he shuts the f**k up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very surprised to hear this news. I guess the clip involving Charlotte Jackson was the last straw. I reckon Keys will stay on as he apologised to the girl although I think his manner leaves a lot to be desired.

I wouldn't mind Alan Smith being the co-commentator from now on as I think he is alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Would rather Redknapp had gone instead of Keys tbh.Dont mind him too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

absolutely delighted, hated andy gray on sky sports!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I can hear him now outside the dole office ....

dole_que1032459_display.jpg

"Why Oh Why they que in a 2-3-2 formation is baffling"

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Was was Sian massey withrawn from the match tonight? Is it coincidence?

I'd assume it's to take the heat off her for a while. Not that she did anything wrong mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Oh if only it was Jamie Redknapp who got sacked. I hope they try and get James Richardson in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭BenK

Is it wrong to have a little sympathy for him!? Sounds to me like they were only delighted to be given the opportunity to sack him.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Justice is done. and yes - it probably is for a long list of misdemeanours. They'll struggle to get anyone as anti-Chelsea to back up the Hairy one now! Good Riddance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Soby wrote: »
    Would rather Redknapp had gone instead of Keys tbh.Dont mind him too much

Sky Sports MD : "Step into my office Jamie"

(Redknapp visibly shaking with excitement and anticipation)

Sky Sports MD : "Jamie, we are letting you go because you are sh*te".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

they need an all round shake up of their presenting team, alternate between presenters for ss and mnf. i know he's widely despised and ridiculed, but redknapp actually isnt that bad. yeah he states the obvious a lot of the time, but he is quite likeable and at least he's honest and sincere. the old boys club schtick had become tiresome. they have a good crop of younger presenters in the wings like ben shepherd, dave jones, the lad off revista and off course jeff stelling.

the smugness in the studio had become very apparant, and while i quite used to like keys (say what u want about him ,he's a decent presenter) those days are over. for the moment, hard to see who'll get the "grey" gig

ray wilkins? glenn hoddle (who i think is a very good pundit) i hope people dont thinkk "all sky pundits are sh*te, all rte are great" get real , thats not true. sky's response to all this will be intersting. im interested to see how its reported on sky sports news, may even be compelled to email them at u2us for the first time ever and maybe even watch you're on sky sports- is that show even on any more?

• Advertisement

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Sky Sports MD : "Step into my office Jamie"

(Redknapp visibly shaking with excitement and anticipation)

Sky Sports MD : "Jamie, we are letting you go because you are sh*te".

If you had kept the story going by saying that the Sky Sports MD presses a button and Jamie falls through a trap door you'd be on a winner. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Eamonn Dunphy seen at Sky Sports HQ !!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Andy Burton has been suspended too, for his part in this video.

Looks very harmless, very over the top to throw him in with Keys and Gray.

What will Sky do for transfer deadline day?

Andy Burton is the latest casualty of the Sky Sports sexism scandal after the reporter was suspended for his role in the second batch of leaked footage.

The reporter now faces uncertainty over his future with the broadcasters along with Richard Keys and Andy Gray, whose positions look untenable as their own network made fresh revelations about their sexist conduct.

Like Keys and Gray, who were pulled from Monday night's coverage of Chelsea win at Bolton, Burton has stood down from his broadcasting duties for Wednesday's Carling Cup semi-final second leg between Birmingham and West Ham.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'd assume it's to take the heat off her for a while. Not that she did anything wrong mind.
    OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay

Lineswoman Sian Massey withdrawn from tonight's Crewe-Bradford game to avoid focus being on officials, not players
    From twitter

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

they need an all round shake up of their presenting team, alternate between presenters for ss and mnf. i know he's widely despised and ridiculed, but redknapp actually isnt that bad. yeah he states the obvious a lot of the time, but he is quite likeable and at least he's honest and sincere. the old boys club schtick had become tiresome. they have a good crop of younger presenters in the wings like ben shepherd, dave jones, the lad off revista and off course jeff stelling.

the smugness in the studio had become very apparant, and while i quite used to like keys (say what u want about him ,he's a decent presenter) those days are over. for the moment, hard to see who'll get the "grey" gig

ray wilkins? glenn hoddle (who i think is a very good pundit) i hope people dont thinkk "all sky pundits are sh*te,
    all rte are great" get real , thats not true. sky's response to all this will be intersting. im interested to see how its reported on sky sports news, may even be compelled to email them at u2us for the first time ever and maybe even watch you're on sky sports- is that show even on any more?

Now thats better ...

• Advertisement

Jesus id pay money to see that.

These transfer rumours get more and more ridiculous all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Very harsh on Burton if that was all he said :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

From Alan sugar

Sky have shut the door to sexism shame they didn't throw away the Keys

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Twitter..

World as seen through Andy Gray glasses

http://twitpic.com/3tbgs4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Jimmy Magee FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He's probably being used as an example. Basically, don't throw the bait out there and you won't reel in the fish.

I'm indifferent to Keys and Gray and it doesn't please me or upset me that Gray is gone in terms of his football analysis, eh... capabilities. But it is clear that he has an attitude problem towards women and for that, I'm glad he has been given the boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

La Liga Presenting Team Bolton,Balague,Hunter,Gerry >>>> the rest

Maybe it was a set up and they only suspending Burton to make it look less suspicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

• Advertisement

Had a terrible thought what if they brought in pat Dolan :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Feel sorry for the lineswomen. She did nothing but do her job and now isn't being allowed to do her job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The sanitisation of football is nearly complete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'm glad I am subscribed to this thread. Comedy gold.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Feel sorry for the lineswomen. She did nothing but do her job and now isn't being allowed to do her job.

The Sun had a picture of her out on the town as well this morning which is just stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

gavredking wrote: »
    Bring Kammie or Merson in :D

Chris Kamara as the new MNF anchor would be great

Ye i hope this is a the only game she takes taken off.Has done nothing wrong and hopefully hes back at a premier league game next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Just downloaded the new FIFA 11 commentary update.

Not much different, although when my girlfriend went on it, Andy Gray shouted at her to "put that ****ing controller down and get back to the kitchen."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Maybe it was a set up and they only suspending Burton to make it look less suspicious

Any Gray is their number 1 commentator. If they didn't want him, they would have got rid of him.

EDIT: was*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

j5.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

They (sky) would do worse than to hire James Richardson, always me favourite presenter, his knowledge of world football is second to none and he likes to play devils advocate and encourage real debate. Would be a real breath of fresh air for sky.

I've never liked Burton tbh. There have been a couple of occasions where I've been annoyed at the kind of questions he's asked.

Shame Apres Match aren't around now as they'd love this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

dooferoaks wrote: »
    I thought Alladyce was actually very good last night, didn't talk too much and wasn't full of too many cliches.

Never mind the real Sam, Sky needs @TheBig_Sam.

http://twitter.com/#!/TheBig_Sam
    Thrilled about my commentary debut. You realise how privileged you are when you can do your job while being naked from the waist down.
    Can't explain how exhilarating it is to be able to poetically describe a Drogba scorcher while gently tickling your testes at the same time.
    Andy Gray sent me a lovey text congratulating me. "Your whore wife owes you an extra special dinner when you get home," he quipped. A gent. Then he sent another one, saying "her tits where offside" and how the Queen is just "a shit King who doesn't even have a cock or nothing". I think he was drinking. I just ignored it and told him to go to sleep.

I would pay any amount to be listen to that sort of punditry :D

Delighted Gray got the bullet.

(tinfoil hat) Supposedly he was in the process of suing the News of the World for tapping his phone. The article below from Jan 7th 2011 is interesting....
    Sky Sports' Andy Gray determined to settle score, documents show

It says much about the scale of the phone-hacking operation undertaken by Glenn Mulcaire on behalf of Rupert Murdoch's News of the World that it was prepared to target Andy Gray, the former Scotland striker and a commentator for Sky Sports, which is itself part of Mr Murdoch's global media empire.

Just as telling, in respect of the anger that the hacking has provoked, is the fact that Mr Gray, 55, earns his living from the satellite broadcaster but is willing to doggedly pursue legal action against News Group Newspapers, which is run by Mr Murdoch's son James, who is also the non-executive chairman of BSkyB.

Documents filed into court in October, seen by The Independent, show just how serious the commentator is in seeking damages. Represented by one of the most powerful media law firms, Schillings, Mr Gray has secured a consent order to obtain from the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Sir Paul Stephenson, disclosure of documents relating to Mulcaire's activities.

Police seized notebooks from Mulcaire during an investigation which led to the private eye being jailed in 2007 for intercepting phone messages. Mr Gray alleges that "in combination with the News of the World", Mulcaire – ironically himself a former professional footballer – "hacked into" his phone messages. The court documents reveal that Scotland Yard, which has faced criticism over the scope of its phone-hacking inquiry, opposed giving Mr Gray documentation relating to an inquiry in 2006 by the Information Commissioner into the acquisition by newspapers of confidential personal information.

But Mr Justice Floyd upheld the commentator's application for the documents. "It seems to me that the documents are likely to support the case of the applicant," he said. "I have the benefit of a witness statement made by Mr Clancy of the Information Commissioner's office, in which he... says they do suggest that illegal activities are being commissioned and makes it clear that, not only does the Information Commissioner support the application, but considers the documents are likely to be helpful."

Mr Gray is just one of a succession of high-profile figures who are pursuing actions against the News of the World. But as Rupert Murdoch seeks to take full control of BSkyB – and possibly build even closer relations between the elements of his British media empire – he could do without the gravelly burr of his most famous British sports commentator criticising his organisation in court.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/press/sky-sports-andy-gray-determined-to-settle-score-documents-show-2178131.html#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Was he set up? He was going to sue News of the World after all. Wouldnt surprise me in the least. NOTW will probaly go to town on his private life now. Scumbags

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Any Gray is their number 1 commentator. If they didn't want him, they would have got rid of him.

EDIT: was*

if they did get rid of him would he have received a bigger pay off though as opposed to a payoff for disciplinary purposes?

That article is interesting. The theory then that they were looking to offload him doesn't seem so far-fetched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

this story is a massive storm in a tea cup if ever thier was one , imagine if a bunch of women were to dismiss a guys ability to change a nappy or read a kid a story , thier would,nt be a word about it , in fact , thier is an entie industry dedicated to undermining and ridiculing the male sex

i dont like keys and never liked gray but this is one hell of a double standard by the PC police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Was he set up? He was going to sue News of the World after all. Wouldnt surprise me in the least. NOTW will probaly go to town on his private life now. Scumbags

very interesting question. It could have some truth to it considering richard keys didnt even get a slap on the wrist for his comments. Nothing would surprise me with that scumbag murdoch.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement