Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Gray & Richard Keys in hot "sexist" water .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

if they did get rid of him would he have received a bigger pay off though as opposed to a payoff for disciplinary purposes?

But they already had enough to sack him with the Charlotte Jackson video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i was watching Sky News
    its odd the way there reporting it
    its like he's from a different station

irishh_bob wrote: »
    this story is a massive storm in a tea cup if ever thier was one , imagine if a bunch of women were to dismiss a guys ability to change a nappy or read a kid a story , thier would,nt be a word about it , in fact , thier is an entie industry dedicated to undermining and ridiculing the male sex

i dont like keys and never liked gray but this is one hell of a double standard by the PC police

indeed very very true.

"take a bow son" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

this story is a massive storm in a tea cup if ever thier was one , imagine if a bunch of women were to dismiss a guys ability to change a nappy or read a kid a story , thier would,nt be a word about it , in fact , thier is an entie industry dedicated to undermining and ridiculing the male sex

i dont like keys and never liked gray but this is one hell of a double standard by the PC police

Study up, he was fired for a different incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Second incident was way way worse than the first,it was a sackable offence on its own

MD1990 wrote: »
    i was watching Sky News
    its odd the way there reporting it
    its like he's from a different station

He kinda is !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Should give it to Ken Early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

this story is a massive storm in a tea cup if ever thier was one , imagine if a bunch of women were to dismiss a guys ability to change a nappy or read a kid a story

There's still a few dinosaurs left with attitudes like that but attitudes have changed in the last 20 or so years. Same here. Sexism still exists and probably always will, doesn't mean we should put with it because men get discriminated against in other areas.

If the women was sexually harassing Andy Gray I'd question her sanity but yeah, it is still sexual harassment.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Spanish football supporters rejoice. No more of Mr Gray and his poxy last word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

K-9 wrote: »
    There's still a few dinosaurs left with attitudes like that but attitudes have changed in the last 20 or so years. Same here. Sexism still exists and probably always will, doesn't mean we should put with it because men get discriminated against in other areas.

If the women was sexually harassing Andy Gray I'd question her sanity but yeah, it is still sexual harassment.

sorry , only heard about that incident in the past ten minutes , my post was based entirely on the audio incident with keys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

there's no way Keys should go for what he said. An apology should suffice.

Andy Burton's suspension is a joke too. He didnt say anything bad.

But Andy Gray, you f*cking slimeball! After seeing that Charlotte Jackson clip i believe he deserves this sacking and every bit of bad publicity he gets from it.

I'd be surprised if Jackson's boyfriend, father or brother doesn't go around to his house and punch him in the face.

Disclaimer: Mothers, girlfriends and sisters could also do the exact same punching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Interesting that reports suggest that Keys had phoned Massey and apologized while Gray did not.... the reason given? "no point in both of them calling".

Hrmmmm!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Andy Gray to make statement shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

I'll miss Andy Grey as Sky have absolutely nobody else decent to replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

People hoping to get a good new presenter should be wary that sky have always acted as though their viewers know nothing about football.

Richardson getting a job there would be very surprising.

Thrill wrote: »
    Andy Gray to make statement shortly

The popcorn munching part of me hopes he blames it all on women being too emotional :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

lads are sky sports news covering this story or what or are they just going to ignore it?

if they choose to ignore that, its an absolute disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

It's an interesting point in fairness. I abhor Gray's and Keyes comments - they really sounded like buffoons. I'm guessing it was how serious they sounded rather than it being misinterpreted banter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

lads are sky sports news covering this story or what or are they just going to ignore it?

Haven't seen the news today but they were all over it yesterday which surprised me.

Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I would say the happiest guy in the World right now is Andy Grays (ex)best mate ... He must be having a drink dancing around .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Can't get away with that sort of tv if your working for a company like SKY.

I think both should be sacked. Both have made these sort of comments in the past. Get two new people in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I'd imagine so, sky new have been covering it all the way. Don't ever underestimate sky's willingness to cover a story even if its about one of their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Can't wait for Fifa 12 now.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    there's no way Keys should go for what he said. An apology should suffice.

Andy Burton's suspension is a joke too. He didnt say anything bad.

But Andy Gray, you f*cking slimeball! After seeing that Charlotte Jackson clip i believe he deserves this sacking and every bit of bad publicity he gets from it.

I'd be surprised if Jackson's boyfriend, father or brother doesn't go around to his house and punch him in the face.

Disclaimer: Mothers, girlfriends and sisters could also do the exact same punching

oh dont worry im on the way :D

Disclaimer: Of course all the sky sports news girls have lovely bottoms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

step up eamon dunphy
    "No Jamie No, your talking complete muck"!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

GuanYin wrote: »
    The popcorn munching part of me hopes he blames it all on women being too emotional :)

I think he'll be a bit more careful in what he says from now on and steer clear of anything sexist. He'll probably say something like "Life's a bitch"

Thrill wrote: »
    I think he'll be a bit more careful in what he says from now on and steer clear of anything sexist. He'll probably say something like "Life's a bitch"

"Somebody better get down there and explain the work conduct rules to him"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I reallyliked Andy gray, and will miss him on Sky.

Think hes probanly a jackass off screen so hismouth got him in bother.

Think the sacking is OTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

It turns out your one was meant to be working tonight, but shes been recalled coz of the scandal by the FA, so wont be officiating. Thats a bit of a joke really. Punishing the victim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd say he'll wind up on ESPN or the likes, he wont have a problem finding a job tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Probably be Clive Tydlesley and Townsend like the WC game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Yes - Andy was a twat to do what he did.

BUT

Does anyone else think that it's more than a coincidence that at the same time that Andy Gray is involved in a legal dispute with The News of The World which is owned by Rupert Murdoch's son, stupid & sexist comments which he made off-air, suddenly appear and gets him sacked.

Liam O wrote: »
    I'd say he'll wind up on ESPN or the likes, he wont have a problem finding a job tbh...

Doubt it,no on will touch him with a bargepole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I hope he gets a job doing match color commentary like he was doing with Sky. He is very good at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

How come there are no birds on sky tonight just some clown on his own, are they on strike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Just got a text from a mate ...
    I think Andy Gray & Richard Keys should both be sacked for their disgraceful sexist comments..... & both be replaced by birds with really big tits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I heard EA are looking at Jimmy McGee

to the tin-Foil hat brigade:

Who cares if he was set up? even if everything you say is true, it doesn't change the fact that what he did was a disgrace and he should've been sacked when it happened anyway.

It's sexual harrassment! Nothing more to it!

So, Andy Gray's been fired for sexist comments on air.Surely, the whole cast of Loose Women should be fired to!?

• Advertisement

Who cares if he was set up? even if everything you say is true, it doesn't change the fact that what he did was a disgrace and he should've been sacked when it happened anyway.

You telling me you have never had a laugh and said something like that to a girl at work, how is it sexual harrassment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

niallo27 wrote: »
    So, Andy Gray's been fired for sexist comments on air.Surely, the whole cast of Loose Women should be fired to!?
    and replaced with men

You telling me you have never had a laugh and said something like that to a girl at work, how is it sexual harrassment

That can't be a serious question. Nobody can be this dim!

You really need me to tell you how that's sexual harrassment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Liam O wrote: »

When's the Rose of Tralee start? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Here's the latest one.
    I think it's PC madness. If Charlotte made an official complaint it would be different I suppose, but I don't think she did otherwise it would have been reported I'd imagine?
    I really want Keyes gone now though too, I can't stand him. Does anyone have time for the ware-wolf?

Which clip are you talking about exactly, it's pc gone mad this stuff happens everyday

Somebody posted a copy of the original comments to a Sunday rag to get the ball rolling.

His big mouth did the damage no doubt but the comment he was apparantly sacked for was made in Dec 2010.

http://www.tfhp.org/images/tinfoil-hat.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,012 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah go on tell us. I don't get how that is sexual harassment. Its really harmless stuff.

Which clip are you talking about exactly, it's pc gone mad this stuff happens everyday

The one where he appears (or pretends) to take his penis out and asks Charlotte Jackson to "Tuck it in" for him.

Sexual harrassment. if it was your sister or your mother you'd be fuming! If not, I have no idea what kinda bloke you are!

• Advertisement

Have you ever worked in an office full of women, or in a kitchen with a load of olde birds, now that's sexual harrassment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement