Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Gray & Richard Keys in hot "sexist" water .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

"PC gone mad" A line often used by people who can't tell the difference between right and wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The one where he appears (or pretends) to take his penis out and asks Charlotte Jackson to "Tuck it in" for him.

Sexual harrassment. if it was your sister or your mother you'd be fuming! If not, I have no idea what kinda bloke you are!
    Do you know why he did it? It appears to me that its in response to something else that just happened but we don't get to see that.

You have to know the whole story and not just go by something that at best appears a bit immature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If I had anyone do that to me in my workplace, I'd be furious and I'd report him.

The one where he appears (or pretends) to take his penis out and asks Charlotte Jackson to "Tuck it in" for him.

Sexual harrassment. if it was your sister or your mother you'd be fuming! If not, I have no idea what kinda bloke you are!

microphone no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

niallo27 wrote: »
    Have you ever worked in an office full of women, or in a kitchen with a load of olde birds, now that's sexual harrassment

Yes, i've worked in many different employment settings. And doing what he did would be completely inappropriate. You don't think so?
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Do you know why he did it? It appears to me that its in response to something else that just happened but we don't get to see that.

You have to know the whole story and not just go by something that at best appears a bit immature.

Immature, absolutely! But it's still completely inappropriate. And again, if it was your sister, girlfriend or mother, you wouldn't be saying it was immature!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Which clip are you talking about exactly, it's pc gone mad this stuff happens everyday

If it happened an accountants office by the coffee machine there'd be war in that company too.

It's unacceptable.

The girl in the youtube clip doesn't seem too impressed. Which suggests she feels uncomfortable and maybe too frightened to make a complaint as Andy Gray is such a big personality in SS.

All that's been reported in the last few days suggests to me that she and others finally had enough and released the clips to finally be done with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

rarnes1 wrote: »
    microphone no?
    Nah he's asking her to tuck in his shirt.

Have no idea why Stuffins is talking about penis, maybe a force of habit.

microphone no?

Possibly, but he was alluding to his penis.

"PC gone mad" A line often used by people who can't tell the difference between right and wrong.

It's akin to "I'm not racist but...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Well not in this case, it's a joke and I'm sure something everyone is guilty at some point in their lives. It wasn't meant to be broadcast to the world, it was leaked.

• Advertisement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

Wait, why are you getting personal with me now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Sexism in football:Bit of a Gray area.
    I lol'd :D

Wait, why are you getting personal with me now?
    I was simply asking why you were talking about his penis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Immature, absolutely! But it's still completely inappropriate. And again, if it was your sister, girlfriend or mother, you wouldn't be saying it was immature!
    I'd have to know the context of it. If she had just asked another male to do something, like say tape on a microphone close to her cleavage or something then what Andy Gray did was just crack a joke which is understandable if a bit immature. And it does appear to me that he does react to something that just happened.

I was simply asking why you were talking about his penis.

No you weren't

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd have to know the context of it. If she had just asked another male to do something to here, like say tape on a microphone close to here cleavage or something then what Andy Gray did was just crack a joke which is understandable if a bit immature. And it does appear to me that he does react to something that just happened.

Ah, so it depends on the situation. Only if it was in reaction to something. Not just a clear "No, i would feel it was a little immature".

Well it's pretty obvious from her reaction that she did nothing of the sort.

And in this case, you would not be happy I take it? of course you wouldnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

That can't be a serious question. Nobody can be this dim!

You really need me to tell you how that's sexual harrassment?

It's a Gray area really. :)

The guy has views on women that belong in the 50's. Sexual harassment wont be tolerated in the workplace anymore. Unfortunately for Andy Gray, he never really learnt that properly. His own ignorance on the subject is what got him the boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

microphone no?

It is about his microphone yeah but it is the fact he is using that as a euphemism, It is obvious it has sexual connotations,

It may be mild and done jokingly, but with these things it is not how they are carried out by the offender that is the problem, it is how they are construed by the object of the offense.

If the lady in question found it offensive and reported it as such, then he has a case to answer for,

Now they have all piled up and he has lost his job,

He can't complain really, which is why he won't, he wouldn't have a case if he tried to appeal the actions as unjust.

No you weren't
    If you read that, you'll notice it's me saying i've no idea why you're talking his penis, and then throwing out a possible reason why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    I know people threaten to cancel Sky and berate it all the time, but if this means Jamie Redknapp gets promoted to co-commentator, I will set my fúcking television on fire I swear to God.

Ha ha brilliant!!!

• Advertisement

If you read that, you'll notice it's me saying i've no idea why you're talking his penis, and then throwing out a possible reason why?

And the reason as to why is because I regularly talk about penis? I hope you're actually a 15 year old boy, at least then you'll have an excuse for posting such rubbish! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

And the reason as to why is because I regularly talk about penis? I hope you're actually a 15 year old boy, at least then you'll have an excuse for posting such rubbish! :rolleyes:

I dont think you should be mentioning penis and 15 year old boy in the same sentence, it might be seen as sexual harassment on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Anyway back on topic, look at the video. Even Charlotte is laughing at Grays joke, (even though it's not funny).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Penis, 15 year old boy and MrStuffins,

Boards might be drawing the attention of Pedophile searches with that post :pac:

I dont think you should be mentioning penis and 15 year old boy in the same sentence, it might be seen as sexual harassment on here

So, it has finally been confirmed that you have no idea what Sexual Harrassment is. Good man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You really do post a lot of sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Anyway back on topic, look at the video. Even Charlotte is laughing at Grays joke, (even though it's not funny).

Nervous laugh. As soon as she turns away she looks horrified.

If you think i'm 15, why are you talking to me about penis?

Paedo.

• Advertisement

Obligitary tension breaking pic.

Andydole.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Jaysus that was great news to hear about Gray getting sacked. I couldn't stand the prick tbh. One of the reasons I got rid of Sky Sports, when he started that new interactive post match analysis shyte that was just too much. Fcuking caveman living in the past. I was watching Match of the Day on Saturday and that lines-woman made a great call for offside against Liverpool at one stage. It was very tight but she nailed it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It looks like an over-the-top reaction, trial by hysterical TV. The girl in the clip doesn't seem bothered by it and it's nobody else's business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Delighted to see Gray out. I couldn't stand his obvious pro-Man United bias. Sky should replace Keys now as well. He's nothing but a jumped up breakfast tv presenter who knows little or nothing about soccer. He is redundant without his sidekick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It looks like an over-the-top reaction, trial by hysterical TV. The girl in the clip doesn't seem bothered by it and it's nobody else's business.

She doesn't seem to acknowledge it, maybe out of boredom.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

What about the other people that work there? It would seem that a lot of people at the station were fed up with him with all these clips surfacing. You don't have to be a victim of sexism to disagree with it.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    She doesn't seem to acknowledge it, maybe out of boredom.
    Or maybe because she realised it was an obvious joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Anyone got the link to the latest clip of him? Something to do with a comment about Redknapp's ex girlfriend

dartsfan wrote: »
    Anyone got the link to the latest clip of him? Something to do with a comment about Redknapp's ex girlfriend

Really? Where has this story come from?

Really? Where has this story come from?

Read it in Daily Telegraph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Absolutely, if it was my wife, sister or mother I'd wouldn't be fuming - I'd be tucking him into a hospital bed. In the video, she quickly pulled away, blanked him and got on with her business in the studio, Body language says a lot.

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvsaG3b9uVY

I wonder who is leaking all these clips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

He's a bit of a creep, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

There must be loads of these clips hanging around somewhere at sky

Anyone got a transcript of that? Can't hear a word he says, doesn't sound too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Or maybe because she realised it was an obvious joke.

Hence the boredom, not funny, clever or original.

There's market out there for Roy Chubby Brown so many would disagree.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Anyone got a transcript of that? Can't hear a word he says, doesn't sound too bad

Would you smash it? Of course you'd smash it knowing you. Could go around there any night and find Redknapp hanging out of the back of it.

Something to that effect.

Souness gives Keys a little kick to shut him up. I reckon souness is wise to cameras recording off air stuff and was giving Keys a gentle reminder to be careful.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Thrill wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvsaG3b9uVY

I wonder who is leaking all these clips?
    Ya, it's becoming a bit sinister now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Haha these clips prove to me what I always thought that Keys is a wanker:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement