Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Gray & Richard Keys in hot "sexist" water .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Bye bye hairy hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I was going to say that they last one isn't too bad just some lads shooting the breeze but then I remembered it is a work situation. If it is down the pub with just lads about, no problem. In a work environment it is not on especially if there were any female production crew.

Either way I hope Keys gets the sack.

Ya, it's becoming a bit sinister now...

To me that is the real story. More than a bit sinister if you ask me...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

What about the other people that work there? It would seem that a lot of people at the station were fed up with him with all these clips surfacing. You don't have to be a victim of sexism to disagree with it.
    If they were, then the appropriate avenue would be to file a grievance, that's the way these things are supposed to be done. He's been fired after a clip of a private conversation has been published and Sky have gotten ridden of him because of the negative PR.
    Absolutely, if it was my wife, sister or mother I'd wouldn't be fuming - I'd be tucking him into a hospital bed.
    Which would be an absurd, over the top reaction which, aside to leading to a likely prison sentence, would be a stronger display of sexism than Gray making a mildly crude joke. Women are well capable of looking after themselves.
    In the video, she quickly pulled away, blanked him and got on with her business in the studio, Body language says a lot.
    Body language can be interpreted to suit, she appears to grin before she goes off camera and turns away to respond to a question.

As I say, it's a private conversation and if she had a problem it should/would have been dealt with. Maybe she went and complained after the video was published on youtube, but from appearances it looks like he was fired because of public pressure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

To me that is the real story. More than a bit sinister if you ask me...
    I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but it's almost as if someone wanted them out, couldn't sack them for no reason so had to go about it a different way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Another leaked video.

Who is leaking these videos man? Seriously going to get them all in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The thing is, it's not really a joke when no one else is laughing. Keys just comes accross as being a creepy old werido who probably still goes to nightclubs and is that old perv everyone spots leering at the young girls. He takes the conversation to a level where no one is comfortable with. Redknapp forces a laugh, while Guillt is his own little word and Souness gives him a dirty look and a kick. The guys 53 and he's talking about "smashing" young ones. Keys just look like a complete and utter tool in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory but it's almost as if someone wanted them out, couldn't sack them for no reason so had to go about it a different way.

Maybe but it doesn't take away from the fact that Andy Gray and Keys still said what they said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Thrill wrote: »
    Souness gives Keys a little kick to shut him up. I reckon souness is wise to cameras recording off air stuff and was giving Keys a gentle reminder to be careful.

Yeah noticed that and how he kept trying to change the subject also. At least somebody there knows how to act appropriately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Another video? This is like Sky Sports' very own version of Wikileaks. You wonder if there are more out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Another leaked video.

Who is leaking these videos man? Seriously going to get them all in trouble.

My guess is someone who works with them and has had to put up with their comments over a long period and had enough of it. Certainly looks like a regular theme as opposed to possibly what looked like a momentary gaff from the first clip released. Could be a huge can of worms left to be opened. Did she complain and get ignored previously, forcing her to resort to this?

The daily mail reporting it could be to do with the NOTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah noticed that and how he kept trying to change the subject also. At least somebody there knows how to act appropriately.

Yeah, you wouldnt find Souness saying inappropriate things whilst being filmed by cameras

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, you wouldnt find Souness saying inappropriate things whilst being filmed by cameras

lol, apologising (twice, Souness corrected himself, saying sorry in the process) for using the word rape, honestly.

Latest clip of Keyes and Gray released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Is Richard Keys married?

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Is Richard Keys married?

Yeah, didn't he marry Sigourny Weaver in that movie about the Mist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

souness apoligised straight away to be fair, top pundit in my eyes

god i really hate richard keys

this has prolly been posted 10 times already

He apologised on the spot for it, it's a common enough saying you'd hear in football, obviously not one for the screen with it's connotations.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Vidoe no longer available as the user has closed his account. Damage has been done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Twitter......

RBuxton_LFC Richard Buxton
    The owner of the latest Keys video has closed their YouTube account. It's all starting to look like an internal hatchet job from Sky.

And........

FourFourTwo FourFourTwo
    It seems the Richard Keys video has been removed from Youtube. Some crazy shenanigans going on at Sky Sports Towers...

Vidoe no longer available as the user has closed his account. Damage has been done!

Back up.........

The internet is like an elephant. It never forgets.

to the tin-Foil hat brigade:

Who cares if he was set up? even if everything you say is true, it doesn't change the fact that what he did was a disgrace and he should've been sacked when it happened anyway.

It's sexual harrassment! Nothing more to it!

fair point but why did sky let it go so far? i mean the man is 56 years old and he didnt just wake uo one morning and decide to be sexist. he has been sexist all his career and i think sky were more than happy to turn the blind eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Removing tin foil hat I had on earlier about Murdoch, I think the damage has been done on Keyes and he can't continue with Gray gone. They are just leaking stuff that makes him look bad now. He'll be gone in the next couple of days I'd say.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

who is keys talkin about in the clip?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Jamie Redknapp's missus, I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    If he is thats a bit OTT

The problem for Keys and Gray is this is the sort of topic which is going to make the news. Look at his comments about a Scotland game a few years back and also Walcott. Keys has been very insulting before but this is all about gender and everyone is talking about it.

That is why he is now in trouble. I can't see how Keys will survive this latest video. I know its only banter to us but in general, he should not be saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

fair point but why did sky let it go so far? i mean the man is 56 years old and he didnt just wake uo one morning and decide to be sexist. he has been sexist all his career and i think sky were more than happy to turn the blind eye

Maybe Sky's failure to act on the behaviour of Keys and Gray has prompted these leaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

****ing deelighted. Cheerio Andy you slimeball. Won't be long before ESPN or ITV snap him up though I'd say, give him a chance to redeem himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

K-9 wrote: »
    Removing tin foil hat I had on earlier about Murdoch, I think the damage has been done on Keyes and he can't continue with Gray gone. They are just leaking stuff that makes him look bad now. He'll be gone in the next couple of days hours I'd say.

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why do some people think it's ok to use the word 'rape' in such a casual context, it's a disgusting word describing a filthy act, and those that use it (usually for shock value) are pretty scummy in my book and need to buy a thesaurus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

they'll announce key's departure tomorrow id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Oh man that video of Keyes saying smash it gave me the shivvers and I'm a bloke!! What a creep....Unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,044 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

yermandan wrote: »
    Oh man that video of Keyes saying smash it gave me the shivvers and I'm a bloke!! What a creep....Unreal

Is it still available somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I hope whoever leaked them is caught and sacked. Thats a far more serious issue than the rubbish this thread is about.

All this just sickens me. I'm not a sexist and never have been but its the double standards that sicken me. Women can get away with vile comments but when its done to them its sexist and a big deal.

Just thinking about the female linesperson for one moment. Rio Ferdinand ran the length of the pitch last year to confront a linesman and roar in his face about a decision. If he had done that to a woman linesperson then he would have been accused of being a sexist and probably have lost the England captaincy which he had at the time.

I just think people should be let live their lives as long as they are not harming others. And I don't see their comments as harming anyone. The video with Andy Gray making a gesture is harmless too.

From my understanding none of this stuff was done while they were officially on air. Whoever leaked this stuff has to be caught and fired.

eagle eye wrote: »
    From my understanding none of this stuff was done while they were officially on air. Whoever leaked this stuff has to be caught and fired.

I don't think Mr. Murdoch is likely to fire himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

****ing deelighted. Cheerio Andy you slimeball. Won't be long before ESPN or ITV snap him up though I'd say, give him a chance to redeem himself.

Doubtful. ITV wouldn't be able to afford him and I don't think ESPN would want him or want to pay his wages (apparently 1.7million?). Firstly because he's damaged goods now and has a bad reputation, and secondly because the ESPN team is actually quite good as it is. Knowing that he makes these kind of remarks and has that kind of attitude is not something employers would want in their organisation.

I thought Keys will stay due to the fact that he apologised and it seemed more to be about Gray, but now that other video has been leaked its not looking good.
    Just thinking about the female linesperson for one moment. Rio Ferdinand ran the length of the pitch last year to confront a linesman and roar in his face about a decision. If he had done that to a woman linesperson then he would have been accused of being a sexist and probably have lost the England captaincy which he had at the time.

I highly doubt that, he'd be called a bully at most but a sexist, no.

This is a great opportunity for Sky to reinvigorate their football programming as Gray and especially Keys have made it quite stale and repetitive over the last few years. So hopefully they'll push some new talent as the face of football on Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    I don't think it is because Jamie says he "used" to go out with her, so it must be a different Louise than his wife.
    Keyes is making himself appear more of a creep than I previously thought he was.
    Great to be rid of the ware wolf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

This is definitely a hatchet job from someone inside Sky. All of the clips up on youtube have been saved from the original. The original person puts it up for roughly 20 mins and then takes it down. By then, many people have saved it and uploaded it themselves. The exact same thing happened with the Charlotte Jackson video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I hope whoever leaked them is caught and sacked. Thats a far more serious issue than the rubbish this thread is about.

All this just sickens me. I'm not a sexist and never have been but its the double standards that sicken me. Women can get away with vile comments but when its done to them its sexist and a big deal.

I just think people should be let live their lives as long as they are not harming others. And I don't see their comments as harming anyone. The video with Andy Gray making a gesture is harmless too.

Who gives a shít. Gray and now hopefully Keys will be off the air. Rejoice.

Erm....... that's just not true and is a ridiculous comment to be honest. Players shout at Linesmen all the time.

Sure you just said he did it to a guy, so if he did it to a girl too it actually shows EQUALITY if anything! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

According to Sky News she was very unhappy with his comments/gesture. You think it should be okay for men in any workplace to behave like that towards any woman they please?

Your contrarian act is getting really tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Maybe Sky's failure to act on the behaviour of Keys and Gray has prompted these leaks.

Could well be. The initial clip opened up a can of worms.

They might have been able to spin the initial leak pre the Wolves match but the one from December was obviously thought worthy enough of keeping by somebody. When it appeared the Keyes apology was going to be the end of the matter, the tape about Gray suddenly shows up.

efb wrote:
    Why do some people think it's ok to use the word 'rape' in such a casual context, it's a disgusting word describing a filthy act, and those that use it (usually for shock value) are pretty scummy in my book and need to buy a thesaurus

I don't think it is meant in a bad way, not in the Sounnes clip talking about Torres raping Vidic, but yep, it is completely wrong and out dated.

It shows you how chauvinistic dressing rooms can be though. If you think Sounnes and Gray are dinosaurs or relics saying this stuff I'll bet you are mistaken.

It's rife and thrives today with pampered football stars, Rooney and prostitutes eg.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Who says "did you smash it"?
    Never heard that before. He makes it sound like date rape or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

yermandan wrote: »

I defo get the feeling theres a few skeletons in his bondage dungeon closet

MD1990 wrote: »
    who is keys talkin about in the clip?

Someone named Louise. At the start of the clip you can clearly hear Jamie Rednapp saying "oh that Louise. yeah, yeah"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

efb wrote: »

From thesaurus.com:
    Main Entry: rape
    Part of Speech: verb
    Definition: sexual assault by force; act of plunder
    Synonyms: abuse, attack, betray, compromise, corrupt, deceive, despoil, force, loot, molest, pillage, plunder, ransack, ruin, sack, seize, spoliate, violate

Lots of interpretations of the word there for you.

Who says "did you smash it"?
    Never heard that before. He makes it sound like date rape or something.

Keyes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement