Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Gray & Richard Keys in hot "sexist" water .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Burton says, we've a female lino today, supposedly a bit of a looker. So Steve the camera man tells me. I don't know whether to trust his judgement or not.
    I don't see much wrong with that.

Gray replies, I wouldn't, I definitely wouldn't. (In response to Burtons trusting of Steve)
    Not much wrong there either to be fair.
    Then as Burton is getting ready to go on air, Gray is asked about her again "Any use to you Andy?"

"No, I can see her from here!" Bit of swearing thats blanked out, then "what do ****ing women know about the offside rule"

Andy Burton did nothing that I can see out of order there and I feel sorry for him getting suspended, where as Gray is on his high horse about women involved in football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Get him off the air!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ntlbell wrote: »
    did he not say that someone told him she was, that he didn't actually say it?

The whole thing is getting out of bloody hand now.

They've completely missed the point. He was commenting on her looks or well the camera man was, sure women comment on players looks all the time.

Now that is pc gone mad!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Conspiracy Theory hat on for the minute, Gray is suing a Murdock owned paper over the phone bugging thing. Somebody sending out a signal to drop it?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

The response has become increasingly completely disproportionate to the comments made, there has to be more to it behind the scenes.

A public statement admonishing the presenters/reporter would have been more like it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

K-9 wrote: »
    They've completely missed the point. He was commenting on her looks or well the camera man was, sure women comment on players looks all the time.

Now that is pc gone mad!

I was in a pub in offaly during a world cup match and as the national anthems played out and the camera went by each player.

"I would" "I would" "I wouldn't"

:rolleyes:

Lets move on with all this girly crap and get back to footy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Conspiracy Theory hat on for the minute, Gray is suing a Murdock owned paper over the phone bugging thing. Somebody sending out a signal to drop it?

I definitley think there's more to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

ntlbell wrote: »
    I definitley think there's more to it.

Well someone in the production staff has an axe to grind to be releasing all this off air stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

wouldn't be a bit surprised with that to be fair. Theres no way this stuff would have slipped out if Sky had wanted to keep this quiet. I wonder if any sound technicians have been sacked or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Andy Gray sacked. Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

haha im delighted gray is ****ed he seems a right wanker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

andy gray is gone

Edit: beaten to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Perhaps they were just waiting for an excuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Good stuff

Sky News Twitter feed saying that Gray was sacked.

Sky Sports Twitter feed saying that Gray left Sky.
    :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Andy Gray Fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Sacked over something that happened off air months ago according to Sky News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

That_Guy wrote: »
    Sky News Twitter feed saying that Gray was sacked.

Sky Sports Twitter feed saying that Gray left Sky.
    :pac::pac:
    End of an era anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Delighted :D

Hope Keys fcuks off too to be replaced by Dave Jones. Wonder what they'll do with MNF so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Alan smith should be the new number 1 expert commentator. He is OK but not in andy's league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Id say Keys ringing her and saying sorry saved him.

Did Gray apologise too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Alan smith should be the new number 1 expert commentator. He is OK but not in andy's league.
    Alan Smith bores the pants off me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Wonder will he get turfed of the Fifa 11 commentary in the new update too :P

Bye Bye Andy.

Voltwad wrote: »

his ****ing lisp does my head in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I suspect that other video of him directly speaking to Charlotte Jackson saying "how about you tuck this in for me charlotte" indicating his crotch and shirt front, is what was the final killer as it was direct sexual harassment caught on camera.

DH2K9 wrote: »

Would rather see Don Goodman myself..... or Dean Windaas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Is he bringing his fancy doodah graphics machine with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

jaysus i thought he'd get a slap on the wrists, wasn't expecting a sacking.

its amazing how to the untrained eye someone can appear so different on air, to off air.

Was at Anfield in Feb 2008 I think it was an myself and my gfriend were crossing the road and spotted Gray and went up to him for the craic, the ogling he did of the missus was unreal, he didnt even say anything to her he was chatting me while he leered at her, made us both very uncomfy to say the least. Thats my enduring experience of the bloke.

All these revelations are no surprise, hes as sexist as he is a sleaze.

Was he sacked or did he resign because it just says he leaves sky on SSN.

• Advertisement

Sacked over something that happened off air months ago according to Sky News.

And they waited until this? Nah, not buying it.

This blew up in their faces on Saturday and now the PR spin guys are in and the reporter who was sacked is collateral damage.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This is nearly as big a leap forward as the demise of Andy Townsends Tactics Truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm praying to god Keys goes too. If Sky had any sense they'd use this as an excuse to ship out the deadwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That_Guy wrote: »
    Would rather see Don Goodman myself..... or Dean Windaas.

Dean Windass? Seriously? Chap can't string two sentences together without stuttering 10 times.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I suspect that other video of him directly speaking to Charlotte Jackson saying "how about you tuck this in for me charlotte" indicating his crotch and shirt front, is what was the final killer as it was direct sexual harassment caught on camera.

You suspect right apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Well deserved. The "women don't know offside" stuff was comical, but the comments about the official's looks and also the snide remarks about Karen Brady were awful.

What video :eek:

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I dunno why people hate him so much when he's not being a pretentious git with his fancy tabletop technology, he's a pretty good commentator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Voltwad wrote: »

Don Goodman would be a better choice.

Anyway, I don't think anyone can deny it will be weird not hearing Gray alongside Tyler or Parry, as he was a permanent fixture for 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bring Kammie or Merson in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

While I won't miss his punditry, he was well able for dramatic commentary, and that I'll miss. I had grown accustomed to it.

When was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Fúcking delighted.

Don Goodman would be a better choice.

Anyway, I don't think anyone can deny it will be weird not hearing Gray alongside Tyler or Parry, as he was a permanent fixture for 20 years.

Agreed, Don Goodman is very good on the Championship matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Super news, no more Andy Gray, made my day!

gavredking wrote: »
    Bring Kammie or Merson in :D

merson is a fat tit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Wow I thought Keys would be sacked and Gray reprimanded. This is awfully suspicious considering that Andy Gray is suiing the News of the World over phone tapping allegations. It all seems a bit coordinated.

Still though, no great loss. Sky will be very different though. I wonder who will take over his role.

• Advertisement

Get keane in for the craic to replace him listen to sky big up terry and the likes and then keane pick apart there statements thatd be fun :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement