Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benatone Problem

• 23-01-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

OK so i have been thru all the other threads on benatone oil burners and i cant find a problem like mine so here goes.
    I ran out of oil once or twice before so after topping up and turning the burner back on it locks out so resetting it a couple of times sorts it out, grand.
    But this time it keeps on locking out, so i bit the bullet and called a tech out to take a look at it.
    You see when i turn it on every thing works fine for about 5 or 10 mins and then a couple of clicks and it lock out, it even starts to heat the rads and water.
    The tech fella changed the nozzle,control box,solenoid,fire valve,checked oil pressure from pump while running and it stayed constant at 10 bar all the way to lock out:confused:boiler has also been bled and he done a test outside at the flue and everything was normal.
    He couldnt fix there and then so im left with no heating but he reckons it could only be the pump.
    With the price of that and call out and refitting id nearly be as better off as buying a brand new burner(exact make/model)and fit my self.
    Im at my wits end is there anything else i can try cos its feckin freezing and with all the electric oil rads plugged in im dreading next months electric bill.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 punky brewster

Sorry i put this in wronr section can some one with a few stripes move it to plumbing and heating,Thanks

Advertisement