Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Jobs-WHV

Options
  • 23-01-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Would I find it hard getting an engineering company to take me on for 6months on a WHV with no experience, got shafted by this recession from 2008 and have none but come from an electrical background.

In Melbourne at the minute and going to look tomorrow, just wondering if any engineers out there could give me a heads up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I reckon you would find it hard.... if you have no experience then what benefit can you offer an employer to offset the fact you can only work 6 months.

Thats a negative + another negative

If for instance you had 7 years experience most employers would look at that as big positive.

I''m an Engineer btw

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

I’m a structural drafty and got sorted no problem, they had never taken a WHV before but they offered me sponsorship and what not so i was lucky, but it can happen. just send a out loads of CVs with a cover letter and a follow up call a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Cheers for the replies guys. The only positive is that I'm an electrician as well, so might be a bit of a positive and a negative.

Sent off CV's and cover letters to a few companies there today, so fingers crossed.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

please update if you have any luck, would be interested in knowing my chances.

Horgan wrote: »
    please update if you have any luck, would be interested in knowing my chances.

interview later today, so fingers crossed :D

• Advertisement

got the job after only 8days in oz, the job wasn't even advertised, so just goes to show it can be done, delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

fair play to you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

fair play buy we can keep WHV work here
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055496201

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement