Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assembling a PC Dont know how Help Needed

Options
  • 23-01-2011 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Ok have bought parts for PC below and the problem is it ain't coming pre assembled. I have never assembled a pc before. I would not want to fubar up anything in the motherboard bios if possible so bit nervous of assembling it and warranty goes out the window. Mates brother maybe able to assemble it for me. Based on the below is there anywhere I can learn about how to assemble a PC? If not anyone out there who could assemble for me?

orderUpdate.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

It's actually a lot of fun putting a PC together. I'd recommend doing it yourself if you think you have the patience for it.

However, if you want someone else to build it for you, you could talk to IrishMetalHead over on adverts.ie;
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-services/custom-pc-s-from-145-free-custom-pc-builds-and-cheap-pc-repairs-from-20-in-arklow/309754
    Just order and pay for your own components and I will do the build for you absolutely free.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Here is a video tutorial on building a PC, it really is just like lego.

With all motherboards you will get a diagram of what all connectors on the motherboard are so it is really easy to know where to connect all cables and put all components.

The hardest part for me is installing the CPU cooler, those pushpins can be a pain. Also dont forget to apply your pea size amount of thermal paste before mount the cpu cooler (most common mistake :pac:).

Have fun building & enjoy your new rig ! :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

If you're buying it from HWV.de they'll assemble it for you for 10 quid.

But it's not hard. You have to be careful and know a few precautions in particular seating the CPU but ultimately round peg goes in round hole. Also a lot of stock intel CPUs come with a pad of thermal paste already applied tho you might want to get a better cooler and paste if you plan on pushing it a bit.

You'll get instructions also if you're stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

5uspect wrote: »
    If you're buying it from HWV.de they'll assemble it for you for 10 quid.

did that but paid for it and mentioned in order to assemble it but as I did not choose this option me thinks its going to arrive not assembled. Is there anything missing from the above in order to assemble it ie paste sata cable etc

Irishmetalhead is in Arklow bit far of a travel but thanks for the link

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it should come with all the relevant cables
    Thermal paste may not come with it but is very important so buy some before you start work on it if it's not there
    always make sure you have discharged yourself of static before working on it especially if you are handling memory, just ground yourself by touching the case or a radiator
    check the power supply to make sure it is 230 and not 110 on the back
    a few times this has happened to me with brand new PSU's, not fun when it goes bang in your face :(
    have fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It always sounds a lot harder than it is but all you really need to do is connect everything to the motherboard and connect it to the PSU. They're designed so you can't put cables into wrong connectors or upside down. Just a little bit of reading and take your time.
    Skerries wrote: »
    a few times this has happened to me with brand new PSU's, not fun when it goes bang in your face :(
    have fun!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I'll do it.

I'll do it.

How Much ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

If you are around Dublin 8/City Center I'll help you for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

deconduo wrote: »
    If you are around Dublin 8/City Center I'll help you for free :)

Dublin 9 ditto!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

How Much ?
    Ah it's no bother if you're in dublin city centre. No harm in giving it ago yourself, just make sure to do it when plenty of people are on B&U.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Wow the generosity of this forum is showing. Either that or it's unemployment showing up!

Thanks to everyone who offered will consider it when the parts arrive

Living in D17

Advertisement