Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S^3 apps & games (N8, C7, C6, E7 etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nokia Trailers - free app that has all the latest movie trailers for you to stream or download in SD or HD

This short review pretty much explains it all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Interesting app for ringtones from youtube. YouTube Ringtone - €2 on the ovi store.

Ads audio from your chosen video as your ringtone. Something you can do yourself, but if you like to change your ringtone often, or set different tones for different people this app might suit you.

Working on displaying the video also when the caller rings as the profile pic.

Pumps.ie app- free from ovi. Shows the latest prices for petrol and diesel from their website pumps.ie which people submit online. The app can also use the gps to find the nearest petrol station to you.

Independent newpapers app - free from ovi. Better layout and easier than viewing the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

The following are all free in the OVI store at the moment - free full games (not ad supported).
    (There is some promotion on or other - icon for each free app on ovi has a gold gift wrap ribbon on it)

Spider-Man Total Mayhem HD
    H.A.W.X HD
    Worms HD
    Fruit Ninja
    GT Racing: Motor Academy HD
    Rally Master Pro
    Settlers HD
    Hero of Sparta
    Assassins Creed
    Guitar Rock Tour HD
    Angry Birds Rio
    Angry Birds Seasons
    Sims 3 HD
    Monopoly Classic HD
    Pac-man Championship
    Farm Frenzy
    Tetris HD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭kirving

WOW! Can't find anything online about the promotion but I downloaded lots of them!

Thanks!

Edit: Found it on dailymobile.se, no reason behind it though. Osama bin Ladin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

easter bonus treats me thinks?anyways=happy days : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

First off, don't do that. It broke the Ovi Store for me.

But if you must, don't follow the instructions as given. There's a bit where they say to extract the zip folder over on your phone. DON'T DO THAT!

Instead, extract it on the desktop, go into the folder on your desktop, select the "Fonts" folder inside the "Resources" folder it'll create, and copy "Fonts" INTO the Resources folder that's already on your phone.

To remove it afterwards, connect your phone, then go into E:\Resources and delete the "Fonts" folder you put in there.

I cant get it onto my C7 there seems to be some differences as to what files exactly to extract to what folders
    ive tried all routes and no joy at all any clues?
    the E7 was no bother but no joy with the C7.

KrisW wrote: »
    First off, don't do that. It broke the Ovi Store for me.

But if you must, don't follow the instructions as given. There's a bit where they say to extract the zip folder over on your phone. DON'T DO THAT!

Instead, extract it on the desktop, go into the folder on your desktop, select the "Fonts" folder inside the "Resources" folder it'll create, and copy "Fonts" INTO the Resources folder that's already on your phone.

To remove it afterwards, connect your phone, then go into E:\Resources and delete the "Fonts" folder you put in there.

Which phone was this done on?

Hey,

It was my N8, but I had a pre-release Qt version on it, and I think that screwed things up. With Qt 4.7.3 is installed, everything works fine.

Howwwwever... The font file posted up there is gack - they're using only one weight of Nokia Pure, and a badly rendered one at that. The e is horrible, the boldface is also manky (it's poor-man's-bold done in software).

You can get better versions of the typeface (and three weights of it too) by rooting in the files that get downloaded when you go to betalabs.nokia.com :) , specifically:

Light
    Regular
    Bold

If you want to use these on your phone, (which I don't recommend 100%)...

1. Rename these as nosnr60.ttf, nssb60.ttf, nstsb60.ttf respectively and then copy nssb60.ttf and call it S60ZDIGI.ttf.
    2. Copy all four into a folder named Fonts inside E:\Resources on your phone
    3. Restart the phone

Unfortunately, these files are purely web-fonts and lack the special icon glyphs for the phone UI (the musical note, alarm-bell, "silent" icon, etc). Also the character mapping table seems suspect (no-break-space is rendered as 1-superscript), but there's no comparison on the quality - these three are way nicer than the original one.

I'm sure if we give the original producer some time, he'll do the necessary substitutions...

tried all that bit when i receive it i get a blue circle with question mark and it wont open will just have to wait for the Anna update

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Hey. Can anyone recommend a decent twitter app that had a widget for the home screen, all of the ones ive tried don't have widgets on them you can use
    Thanks

Hey. Can anyone recommend a decent twitter app that had a widget for the home screen, all of the ones ive tried don't have widgets on them you can use
    Thanks

What phone have you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

its a Nokia n8

ried all that bit when i receive it i get a blue circle with question mark and it wont open will just have to wait for the Anna update
    Weird, worked for me.

Problem is that occasionally numbers are displayed wrongly, with random,superscript digits instead of the actual figures.

It only happens occasionally on certain small sizes, but it's annoying, so I'll probably take the fonts off.

Btw, Anna may not have Pure as its default face. Pure is a wider font than Series60 Sans, so there are a lot of places where you'll get text being clipped...

That said, maybe it's to get people used to Windows Phone 7, and it's huge clipped headlines. ;)

New homescreen leaked on nokia germany website

http://www.nokia-smartphone.de/n8/

• Advertisement

Nokia has, over the last year or so, increased the number of case and accessories it makes for its mid tier and high end device. The latest addition is a set of Angry Birds snap-on covers / cases for its Symbian^3 devices (Nokia N8, C7, C6-01, E7, X7). Ideal for expressing your Angry Birds love and a possible safety-net for those Angry Birds moments when you're phone goes flying towards a wall (accidentally we're sure). The cases should be available from high street and online retailers in the next month or so.
    http://nokia.ly/kE4wy2

For anyone with a C7 on the Three network, PR1.1 has finally been released for it - available as an OTA update from now and by Nokia software updater from next week sometime.

Also, the Windows Live Messenger app downloadable from Planet3 now seems to work on the C7 where previously it couldn't be installed.

This new app kind of explains why all the aforementioned games are free on Ovi - it's a summer promotion..

Summer Gift of Games

The app lists which games are free and gives download links.

It seems as if they may be adding different games as time goes on... currently doodle jump is now also free here

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i can't seem to install a few apps. They're possibly All qt based apps, can anyone advise how to fix this. They're the ones that say extra download may be needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

dr ro wrote: »
    i can't seem to install a few apps. They're possibly All qt based apps, can anyone advise how to fix this. They're the ones that say extra download may be needed.
    same here,would love to know the answer.
    thanks for puttin it out there:)

dr ro wrote: »

Have you update the qt/sdk? 4.7.3 and 1.1 are the latest of the top of my head

how do i do this. It doesn't show up as an available update ote. And i can't find where or what the current installed version is.

Download from here:> http://www.forum.nokia.com/Develop/Qt/Tools/

Then go to the symbian ^3 Qt 4.7.3 folder and install:

Qt 4.7.3,
    Qt Mobility 1.1.3
    and QtWebkit for 4.7.3

Disconnect the usb, reboot the phone and you should be ok then.

• Advertisement

nice one thanks. I'll give it a go.

it's taking a long time to install it.is that right?

Advertisement