Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S^3 apps & games (N8, C7, C6, E7 etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Yep got the feedback survey alright - filled it out at weekend.
    Am impressed with this up date, it's much more intuitive and responsive.

Apparently Maps is now fully QT based as well as a result of this update.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Another betalabs experimental product just released - Nokia Live View

It's an augmented reality browser similar to Layar and the like:

Live View: Augmented Reality browser
    A new way to easily find information and services on the go

Have you ever wished you could spot the closest restaurant or ATM? Nokia LiveView is a fun and easy way to discover what is around you. Simply launch the app on your phone and LiveView will display the points of interests in the camera viewfinder. Nokia LiveView connects you to what you’re looking for – and more – exactly when and where you want it. With LiveView you can:

■Select your interests in many different categories – LiveView will filter the points of interests and present your choices
    ■Know your options – get details, read reviews of restaurants and hotels
    ■Enjoy the place – with one tap you can make a reservation, or navigate to the location via turn by turn walking map

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

data watch application

DataWatch " tracks data usage and alerts the user when they approach their monthly limit. E.G. a user with a 1GB data package may choose to be alerted by DataWatch when they have reach 95% of their allowance. The app also allows the user to disconnect their data connection and manually reconnect it at the start of the next billing period. DataWatch also allows users to automatically disable roaming functionality while travelling abroad. No more " bill shock " when you get your next monthly bill!

http://store.ovi.com/content/115503

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nice little app....would be great if they had a widget though!!

there is a small counter on top of screen you can monitor as you use

• Advertisement

Are you talking about in the app?!

when you open the app to do the settings in the morning for example a box will remain on homescreen on top lefthand site of phone(this is on my X7) with live data count for the day INCOMING AND OUTGOING and you can set it to whatever your limit is and it gives you a warning.
    its like a little bar and does not get in the way of anything.

Hmmm doesn't seem to show up on the N8 anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

someone might be able to help me recently bought a n8 phone and the batterry seems to need chargig every day nearly is this due to internet usage or where can i buy a new battery for it and how much would it cost cheers

yes this is normal sometimes i dont even get a full day and now im using the x7 and its still the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Whats the best twitter app on this platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

I can get a week on the phone. But than again I hardly use it. Its the n8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭kirving

god's toy wrote: »
    Whats the best twitter app on this platform?

TwimGo is excellent, but I get the odd error. It's free too. You might need to download QT 4.7 though.

twimgo.substanceofcode.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

The best Twitter app on Symbian, and possibly any other platform, is Gravity. But at €10, you need to be doing a lot of tweeting..

10 Day Trial

Full version

TwimGo makes a good second choice.

forget symbian Anna symbian belle is here
    : http://oviappwizard.com/mip/pct.jsp?p=364584617_203021&wl=4

They actually took it down because they uploaded the wrong files first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

is this the unofficial version that has bricked someone's n8. Or was that the wrong one too.

kmart6 wrote: »
    They actually took it down because they uploaded the wrong files first!!
    should be put back up later or in mornin was talkin to one of the mods anyway its good news as Anna is nothin special

Yeah it was back around one or two this morning! Supposedly it works well!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Yeah it was back around one or two this morning! Supposedly it works well!

going to try it on my X7 when i get home

• Advertisement

Yeah in the process of downloading it here cause I've only got my laptop back but not sure if I'll be able to try it tonight...have to work later!!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

Finally got a chance to install Belle in the past half hour and have just booted it up - I tether my N8 for broadband so using it now to post while Ovi Suite is restoring my contacts etc (not so sure about how well apps and settings will do!).

I had taken out my sd card for the flashing process but didn't bother to do a hard reset. All my photos have been picked up as well as music.

Anyways, first impressions are wow! Anna was just a little bit faster but was familiar, this is completely different.

The notifications pull down menu from the top had me confused, I was tapping on it and it was appearing but I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it until I sussed I could slide it up and down with my finger similar to the N9, very snazzy.

Right now I'm just thinking that the last plan before Elop fecked it all up would have worked because I'm liking this very much indeed in the five minutes I've had so far. My restore is nearly finished so I'll have to go now and do a reboot and check what apps work etc. Oh, Ovi Store worked immediately as I redownloaded Best Taskman and Screensnap which also work. I might bung up a few screenshots if anyone is interested?

which way did you use to install it ive seen several ways on the forum linked above?

symbian belle installation

TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK
    Doing the installation below might void your warranty

Section A
    Download all the necessary files below and BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES via OVI SUITE

a) Phoenix Service Software
    http://www.4shared.com/get/2noUN5lt/Phoenix_Service_Software_20104.html

b)Anna
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kwn3bz7r3apaqjc

c) Belle
    http://www.mediafire.com/?afbzm22og1m78bt

Password : orvvan + mohamad 79

Section B

a) Phoenix Service Software
    Install this software in your computer

b)Anna
    Extract the folder to C/Program Files (x86)/Nokia/Phoenix/Products/RM-596

c) Belle
    Extract this to your computer desktop ( There should be 4 files)

Section C

Step 1 a) Run Phoenix Service Software

Step 2 file>open product>RM-596 Nokia RM 596 and press OK. (Make sure your phone is connected to your PC )

Step 3 On the top left corner of Phoenix, you will see "Connections:" followed by a drop down menu bar. Click the drop down menu and make sure "NO CONNECTION" is selected.

Step 4 Go to Flashing>Firmware Update. Under Product code, click the box on the right side and select one of the variants and press OK.

* If nothing appear try turning off your phone and try again

Step 5
    Check "Dead phone USB flashing"

Step 6
    Click Options > edit and select your desktop files (aka belle files) as below

RM-596_022.014_79.92_prd.core.fpsx > RM-596_111.010.0606_79u_prd.core.fpsx

RM-596_111.010.0606_79u_prd.core.fpsx --> RM-596_111.010.0606_79u_prd.core.fpsx

RM-596_022.014_28.01_Chinese_PRC_79.92_prd.rofs2.fpsx --> RM-596_111.010.0606_13.01_MEA_A_79u_prd.rofs2.fpsx

RM-596_022.014_C01.01_PRC_79.92_prd.rofs3.fpsx --> RM-596_111.010.0606_C04.01_MEA_1_79u_prd.rofs3.fpsx

RM-596_022.014_U02.01_79.92.uda.fpsx --> RM-596_111.010.0606_U07.01_79u.uda.fpsx

Step 7
    IMPORTANT
    Make sure RM596_APE_ONLY_ENO_11w15_v0.148.fpsx and RM-596_M025.44.emmc.fpsx are DELETED.
    Before you flash it should look like this

Step 8
    Click OK and select refurbish

Step 9
    Follow the instructions when you're prompted to from Phoenix.
    Note: If they ask you to hold the power button for 8 seconds, hold it for a little longer (probably for an extra second), till your phone vibrates for a few times.

Step 10
    I do not recommend you to restore your apps/games. Reinstall them manually.

Step 11
    Reformat your memory card and hard reset your phone again using *#7370#

Step 12
    Restore your data and welcome to Symbian BELLE

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Alternatively, the official Anna release is arriving next week. It's already being pushed onto the download servers. I guess they'll throw the switch once all the variants are up, to avoid the support mess that was the 1.1 rollout.

for those who use sleeping screens it been updated now you can use your own photos
    http://betalabs.nokia.com/blog/2011/08/18/nokia-sleeping-screen-beta-updated-use-your-own-background-images

symbian belle official??

http://www.gsmarena.com/official_symbian_belle_update_coming_in_two_days_-news-3031.php

Color us surprised! It was only last week that Nokia was done with the i-dotting and t-crossing of the Symbian Anna update and now they are ready to unveil the next Symbian iteration. Called Belle, the next Symbian version will be announced in just a couple of days, when the timer set up on the Nokia Facebook page reaches zero.
    The Finnish company was obviously trying to build up some hype, suggesting that we held our collective breaths as the next big thing in Symbian approaches. However, someone forgot to rename the flash presentation and it was going by "Belle teaser" initially, so there won't be many surprises when the curtain is lifted.
    Of course, Nokia could always surprise us by garnishing the Symbian Belle announcement with a new Symbian handset. There have been plenty of those in the rumor mill recently, but the 1GHz Nokia 700 seems like the most likely candidate if a new handset is to be unveiled on Wednesday.
    Plus, we still don't know when the Belle update will actually be seeded to users so we'd be looking forward to finding that out too. So stay tuned and we'll keep you updated.
    In case you are wondering what Symbian Belle is all about, feel free to check this video of its leaked version in action on a Nokia N8.

No Maps on your phone? Here’s Nokia Nearby for Series 40 and 60
    link
    http://t.co/I3UK73u
    works on N8 there is no other thread for S40/S60 so i said it throw it here maybe you know people that can use it....
    GLOBAL – For users of current Nokia smartphones, it’s all-too-easy to load up a location-based app on your phone to find out about something around you. But what if you’re using a Series 40 or a Series 60 phone that doesn’t have Maps or even GPS? Nokia Nearby – from Beta Labs – is at hand to help solve that problem. We’ve got all the details, after the jump.

Nokia Nearby is a hyper-local search app that does exactly that. It searches for venues that are in your immediate vicinity using the Internet on your phone, rather than a GPS receiver.

Once you’ve loaded Nokia Nearby, you’ll be shown a list of categories to search within: Eat and Drink; Entertainment; Shopping; Transport; Sight Seeing; Business and Services; and Facilities. Clicking on one of those categories will begin a search that concentrates on where you’re currently situated. A list then populates, showing you the nearest venue first, scrolling down to the furthest away.

Let’s say you’re searching for somewhere to eat, have searched within the Eat and Drink category and have found the venue you’d like to spend the evening. Selecting the venue name from within the app will provide you details, such as the address and the phone number. But what’s more useful, is that you can phone that venue right from the app itself by simply pressing the call option.

If you’re planning on meeting a friend there, you can also share that venue details with them by pressing options and then share. After you’ve enjoyed your night out, you can add the restaurant to your favourites list or even save the details to your phonebook making booking a table easier and quicker next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭g0g

Slight update to maps

Now has a weather application and a few other minor changes. Fancy install program on the phone too!

Should this thread be renamed now with Anna!?

• Advertisement

g0g wrote: »
    Slight update to maps

Now has a weather application and a few other minor changes. Fancy install program on the phone too!

Should this thread be renamed now with Anna!?

nope Anna is just the name for firmware next is belle then zeta still under symbian 3

Advertisement