Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S^3 apps & games (N8, C7, C6, E7 etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭g0g

Picked up MobWebMail yesterday for the N8 on the Nokia store. I had already managed to get the old gmail app (they don't have it available via google anymore) but have found this one to be a lot sleeker I must say. Granted it costs a euro but that's hardly much. Haven't tested it extensively but am liking so far!

email_thread2-192x192.png

This thread has been fairly quiet for ages - anyone got any new suggestions for their N8 with Belle?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

No - it's just working away - earning it's keep. I did notice some new maps appeared this week, if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Been a while here but welcome news http://www.gsmarena.com/belle_refresh_is_officially_available_for_n8_e7_c7_c601_x7_and_oro-news-4704.php

Belle Refresh update hits Nokia N8, E7, C7, C6-01, X7 and Oro

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Nice one thanks just downloading onto my phone now (well some sort of update is anyway!).

g0g wrote: »
    Nice one thanks just downloading onto my phone now (well some sort of update is anyway!).
    hopefully its good have to check all my phones now:D

• Advertisement

Phone might be running a bit faster, but dunno if that's the update. Browser is different. Have those MS apps now - nice being able to open ppt files assume with a HDMI port on a TV it could be used to give presentations if you wanted something very portable. Lots of new widgets to select from including handy buttons for wifi/data etc, but to be honest the dropdown menu from recent update already dealt with that need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Phone might be running a bit faster, but dunno if that's the update. Browser is different. Have those MS apps now - nice being able to open ppt files assume with a HDMI port on a TV it could be used to give presentations if you wanted something very portable. Lots of new widgets to select from including handy buttons for wifi/data etc, but to be honest the dropdown menu from recent update already dealt with that need!

did you get colorize it?i have seen people online talkin bout it.but didnt show up on my phone : (

deco nate wrote: »

did you get colorize it?i have seen people online talkin bout it.but didnt show up on my phone : (
    Don't know what that is but didn't notice any new program with that name!

its an app for the camera it takes out all the colour and puts the colour back in the bits you want,say you take aphoto of a flower you and leave the colour in it and have the rest b+w.
    Ah well it would have been nice to have.thanks for the fast reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Did you guys update through Nokia Suite? I tried updating through there but it says no updates are available.

• Advertisement

Depends on product code

sim free phone,not locked to a network.

Mine is unlocked...

Mine is unlocked...

It also depends on product code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

How do I find the product code for my phone?

what i mean is no network software on my phone(sim free).
    Was yours sim free or did
    you get it unlocked by a network?
    A few more weeks wait for network phones

How do I find the product code for my phone?

Under battery or on box or if using an N8 you can type in *#0000#,this works on all Nokia models running symbian anna or belle..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Viber is now available in the Ovi Store, BUT, before you go downloading it-

At the moment there is NO voice call functionality, so its pretty much the same use to you as Whatsapp. But the Viber devs have apparently said that they're working on bringing HD voice calls to the N8, so still using skype for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

An unofficial live timing app for formula 1 as there's no official app made for nokia s3.
    Works perfect.

Link: http://code.google.com/p/f1lt/downloads/detail?name=mF1LT-1.0.1_symbian3.sis&can=2&q=

Screenshot:
    screenxur.png

Another shout out for the Nokia sleeping screen app - I have been playing around with it for awhile and it's really cool - http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-sleeping-screen

SPB TV is another interesting app which stream PBS television live on your phone. I found myself strangely engrossed with NASA TV and a space satellite launch.

YouTube downloader has been mega handy, have used that fairly extensively.

As for the best Twitter client, I ain't paying the big fee for Gravity, but Twimgo does the job for an infrequent Twitter fan like me.

Question: Is there anyway I can set my User-Agent on Opera Mini? Some sites annoyingly redirect Symbian devices to crappy Mobile sites and I am sick of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Question: Is there anyway I can set my User-Agent on Opera Mini? Some sites annoyingly redirect Symbian devices to crappy Mobile sites and I am sick of it!

Download Opera MOBILE for your phone instead of Opera Mini, and in the advanced settings you can set your user agent string to desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

tweetian is a very slick twitter client.

Just got the ota update for music player and calendar. Music player is now back to the old way where you can select artist only instead of artist/album which was really annoying. It's a major improvement. Haven't yet noticed calendar change

I have got the music update and I can select either artist and album? Like you say, I haven't noticed a change in the calendar app.

On a sad note, apparently this could be one of the last updates that Symbian will be getting. A massive shame, because Symbian Anna is actually a perfectly good OS to use these days.

What happened to carla and donna, the successors to anna and belle?

dr ro wrote: »
    What happened to carla and donna, the successors to anna and belle?
    Carla was Symbian Belle FP1. Donna was Symbian Belle FP2 (this update). There doesn't seem to be any talk of anything beyond those two releases.

Fair enough. Bit disappointing alright. Thought they were still developing for symbian. Where does that leave the 808. I was thinking of changing to it but if there are no updates at all...
    There are no other options if i want fm transmitter, is there?

I'd say that the Pureview 808 will get updates for another year. Nokia generally tend to support a device for two years and there is definitely improvements that can be made to the imaging software on the device. The N8 and E7 are at about the two year mark, so the possibility of them getting major updates seems remote now. As for the 808, having played around with it (I can't justify buying it myself as I need to get another year out of my existing phone), it's probably one of the most misunderstood phones currently on sale today. The comparisons on other sites completely ignore the true power that the 808 can deliver that no other phone on the market currently can.

1. Through the magic of the 41 megapixels, it has LOSSLESS simulated optical zoom. No other phone on the market has this power.
    2. Low-light performance is unmatched by ANY phone currently on the market. It's actually the perfect social media camera for what people really want to use cameraphones for (i.e taking pictures of their friends at the pub).

When I am upgrading in a year, if I can get a new Pureview for around the €300-€400 mark, I will definitely buy one. I found the Symbian experience was perfectly good thanks to the beefed up CPU and extra RAM when I tested the 808's multitasking. The touchscreen was nice and responsive and the virtual keyboard was easy to use. What I didn't like was the e-mail integration, it was ok to use, but behind Apple/Google. Lack of apps isn't a show stopper for me, as most of my usage comes through the browser, and the Pureview has two perfect good browsers (the stock Nokia browser and Opera).

If you hate S^3 devices, then there is nothing that the 808 can do to change that. However, if you want stonking optics that will be unmatched by any other phone on the market for at least the next year, then the 808 is the man for you. Even the Iphone 5 doesn't compare.

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/10/08/iphone-5-still-cant-touch-nokia-808-pureview-low-light-comparison/
    http://mynokiablog.com/2012/10/08/awesome-nokia-808s-rich-recording-tramples-iphone-5s-hollow-sound-recording-keane-808-philippines/

On the support for Symbian, it looks like it's the end of the line for new updates.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/flow/item/15953_Belle_FP2_to_be_final_Symbian_.php
    Dear developer,

Thank you for your improvement ideas, thus Symbian is in maintenance mode and no new features will be implement without extremely good reason ( business case). We have written down your ideas for future development if there is a chance that new features will be released.

Kind Regards
    Nokia Developer support

• Advertisement

boo

Advertisement