Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clondalkin Comedy Workshop

Options
  • 23-01-2011 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I'm from Clondalkin and like a lot of people in Clondalkin I have been unemployed for a while and I'm gettin bored looking a the same crap on telly.
    I have always liked stand up open mic nights (never actually had the nerve to get up and give it a go) and I was wondering if any like minded people who think they could muster up a 10 minute stand up act would be interested in meeting to create a comedy workshop in clondalkin.
    The intention is to meet up, have a few cup's of tea or a pint when one can afford to, and basically get to a point where we could possibley hold a charity stand up night somewhere in Clondalkin possibley Aras Chronain as they have always been good to the performing arts in Clondalkin.
    I use to be an enthusiastic musician and amateur band promoter, so I can probably do a lot of the organising and I can provide the PA and Mics for such an evening, really what I need is enthusiastic contributors.
    If you think you'd be interested send me a message or reply here and we can perhaps organise to meet up somewhere and see if this concept might be a runner.

Regards

Niall

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jay ryan

Niall.S. wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Niall,
    just wondering if this event ever took off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Niall.S.

Unfortunately not, everyone is very concerned about the election at the moment, as soon as the dust settles I'm going to do up some flyers and posters and see if I can get any local interest. Although doing something before the election will atleast give people some material to work with.

Are you still doing the band promotion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Niall.S.

No, I knocked that on the head a few years ago.

No worries. I have a childrens theatre company and need help with promations
    If you know of anybody thatv would be into doing that type of work let me know

• Advertisement
Advertisement