Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avoiding obstacles on the ride to work - Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

That's just embarassing.

I'd love to be a TC Garda, even for a day... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Great video

I jumped up at 1:15 with that car on the quays, got a bit of a fright but it was you who kept control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Good video.

There's one junction that seems to come-up more than often, I think it's on the Stillorgan Dual Carriage way. But it would seem that the time between the red and green for the intersection junctions needs to be increase for safety. Not that the muppets should be running the red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

I jumped up at 1:15 with that car on the quays, got a bit of a fright but it was you who kept control

The patented 'Indicate-turn-don't look' manoeuvre :D. Biker behind me lifted him out of it....I was too busy pooping me pants.

Most of the same intersection footage is from the palmerstown intersection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Okay I've seen the continue into junction just on the transition to red light, and maybe a second after too but the shower of idiots there at the end of the vid are just taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

At least it's not dull like driving around in a cage.

You living out foxborough area? Lotta footage of lucan and palmerstown, roads i know well :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Xios wrote: »
    At least it's not dull like driving around in a cage.

Amen to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

great video, thought you got my cage in one of the shots (not being an asshole) same car/colour/year/county had to freeze frame but was a different plate number. i drive alot in my cage and see tons of bad driving but it just multiplies when you get on your bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Good vid. You should post it on the cycling forum - they all think that running a red is the exception......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Great video, hope you're working on a sequel. Post it over on Biker.ie for the laugh (and watch them go!!) I like the thing you did with the graphics but I think you should slow some of the footage down a bit as the editing is full on and sometimes it's hard to absorb whats going on.

That asshole car at Capel Street bridge is shocking...

• Advertisement

Good vid. You should post it on the cycling forum - they all think that running a red is the exception......

Perhaps the motoring forum also, I saw just as many cars running red lights. Obviously this doesn't excuse the cyclists breaking reds.

Xios wrote: »
    You living out foxborough area? Lotta footage of lucan and palmerstown, roads i know well :)

close enough - griffeen avenue.
    Tomohawk wrote: »
    Great video, hope you're working on a sequel. Post it over on Biker.ie for the laugh (and watch them go!!) I like the thing you did with the graphics but I think you should slow some of the footage down a bit as the editing is full on and sometimes it's hard to absorb whats going on.

That asshole car at Capel Street bridge is shocking...

Yeah, that car p-ed me off big time - total disregard for the hottie pedestrians:). - left some of the cuts quick just to emphasize the reactions that we've all had to make in the past. Lots of footage for a sequel - couldn't use a truck running a light by 4 seconds cos I had to undertake a car coming up to the lights to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Interesting video!
    The cars breaking the red light at the Shell station near the end is unreal.
    The gold car pulling into the parking space at about 1min 25 secs could have easily knocked you off, I never ride in blind spots!
    The woman at 1:04 is lucky, and the most dangerous one was the guy on the quays turning left at around 1:22.

What road is that where everyone breaks the lights?

Paparazzo wrote: »

The gold car pulling into the parking space at about 1min 25 secs could have easily knocked you off, I never ride in blind spots!...........

What road is that where everyone breaks the lights?

True, I had backed off him even though I was in my lane....he had a kid in the passenger seat explaining the lack of footage of me putting my foot through his door.

That intersection is Palmerstown and N4 - Out of about 100 recorded trips I've only stopped there at the lights about 8 times so it's pretty much constant....anyone riding there inbound - watch out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

fit an air horn to alert the cyclists. it's clearly the only way. Watching the video makes me glad I can walk to work in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Great video.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

That's scarier than any RSA ad on the telly. Probably cos it's real and not set up. I think the only way to survive is to assume that everyone else is an idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Great video it looked so similar to my commute :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭Dutch_Druid

Just saw that this was just posted on biker.ie as well!

Just saw that this was just posted on biker.ie as well!

can't view that thread (not registered) - hope they're not getting joe duffy on the case :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Great vid, its unreal the amount of idiots out there on the roads. Cyclists do my head in alwats moaning, but its ok for them to go through red lights:eek:

Great vid, its unreal the amount of idiots out there on the roads. Cyclists do my head in alwats moaning, but its ok for them to go through red lights:eek:

Cheers. Had way more cyclist footage - but wanted a good blend...maybe use it in the sequel.

Most of the cyclists had hi-vis and helmets, fair enough and credit due to them
    But that effort is pretty useless if you go around breaking red lights :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Good vid. Shows what crap really happens on our roads. Except the couple of ladies at the end didn't actually do anything wrong, or are they in for other reasons.

What sort of mount do you have for the camera?

Del2005 wrote: »
    Good vid. Shows what crap really happens on our roads. Except the couple of ladies at the end didn't actually do anything wrong, or are they in for other reasons.

What sort of mount do you have for the camera?

They laughed out loud half way through as the light went green so I felt like going all Charlie Bronson on their a$$es :D.

Camera is a go pro HD. With chest mount. Whole setup was about 450 bananas - Great camera for the purpose.

Admit it reece!
    After most of these incidents you kicked the wing mirrors off these offenders!
    But you edited that out, didn't you ;)

Ah no, you've gotten a good reaction over on biker.ie. Clearly a lot of work went into putting it all together. Great choice of music too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Nice bit of video. Fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Just saw that your video is linked to from VisorDown on FB now! You're turning into a right celebrity!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 choppermann

Jaysus your all over the internets .
    Over here in New England yer becoming a minor celebrity
    Nice job tho

• Advertisement

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Just saw that your video is linked to from VisorDown on FB now! You're turning into a right celebrity!
    Jaysus your all over the internets .
    Over here in New England yer becoming a minor celebrity
    Nice job tho

Wow, it all started here :D , didn't bother promoting it anywhere else. Great song (Jimmy Buffet) though helps

Advertisement