Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet estates/roads with steep hills

Options
  • 23-01-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can someone point me in the direction of a quiet estate or road with a steep hill? I'm helping a friend learn to drive and I want to take them somewhere to do hill starts. South side, preferably.

When I was learning, my instructor took me somewhere in Churchtown but I can't for the life of me remember where it is or the name of the road (I was too busy trying to drive to notice where I was driving to!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Anywhere around Chapelizod, southside.....just about ;) The Liffey is 100 metres away

Incredibly steep hills around and it's quiet enough at the weekends, especially the estates

Bit far from you though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

cosmic wrote: »
    Hi,

Can someone point me in the direction of a quiet estate or road with a steep hill? I'm helping a friend learn to drive and I want to take them somewhere to do hill starts. South side, preferably.

When I was learning, my instructor took me somewhere in Churchtown but I can't for the life of me remember where it is or the name of the road (I was too busy trying to drive to notice where I was driving to!)

Thanks!
    Most likely it was Woodside Drive off the Dodder Park /Braemor Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

sorry did write the name of the estate in the post but im removing it as there are too too many driving schools taking learners into this estate and onto a certain road and its hill....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Anywhere around Chapelizod... Incredibly steep hills around

Good idea! I'll take him out there for a few actual spins when he's a bit better at driving. Thanks!
    gerard65 wrote: »

You absolute legend! I just looked it up on street view and this is exactly the road I was thinking of. Thank you so so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

cosmic wrote: »
    Good idea! I'll take him out there for a few actual spins when he's a bit better at driving. Thanks!

The Phoneix Park is right next door too so a good place to practice.
    And you can find a quiet corner or road and practice those turnabouts and reversing around corners in the park no problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

gerard65 wrote: »

first place i thought of too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

first place i thought of too

same here

Advertisement