Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is my username "offensive" etc

Options
  • 23-01-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

just wondering from a Boards.ie point of view, is my user name acceptable ?

"oldfecker", as i seem to have been banned from another Irish discussion site due to my username , reason given as follows. I did not post anything to get banned in case anyone asks. I know i can go back and create a new user name, but just curious ! thanks

(wife's nick name for me, if you wonder why i choose that)

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate user name.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
    "

I then mailed the people on the site the following and got the subsequent reply..

"Hi,

It appears that i have been banned completely, due to my user name "oldfecker" ? Could you please explain why ?

it is not a profanity, vulgar or a swear word ??

any other site that i am a member of seems to accept it.

Regards"

Response

"Surely the solution is obvious ....
    Post on these sites where it is acceptable and not on ***a****^!^!^.com where it is not.

B....."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

I for one am happy enough with your username. I don't feel it's too offensive. You'd have had it changed if it was.

I guess you can thank, among others, Fr Jack Hackett for desensitising the country towards the word "feck".

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oldfecker

thank you for the feedback. Yep good old father Jack !

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oldfecker

Darragh wrote: »
    I for one am happy enough with your username. I don't feel it's too offensive. You'd have had it changed if it was.

I guess you can thank, among others, Fr Jack Hackett for desensitising the country towards the word "feck".

Thanks Darragh

Advertisement