Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You should be fine with that PSU, even if you are doing a bit of overclocking.

According to the Asus webpage, you get 4 SATA cables. Your current setup demands 7.

What do you need the 5TB of storage for? If you're just using them as long term storage without RAID, I'd consider the 2TB green drives - slower but better value per GB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 alch

I added 7 sata cables at 75cm just in case the 4 with the motherboard are not long enough. Using the ssd for windows, 1tb for my steam games 1tb for my itunes 1tb for my movies and 1tb for pictures. I dont realy need all this storage just wanted to fill it up for the future, one never knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

alch wrote: »
    1tb for pictures

LOL.

Unless your're a pro/semi-pro photographer shooting in raw that is very silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

If it was me, I'd keep one 1TB SpinPoint F3 for the steam games,
    where the extra spin-speed will help loading time of games,
    and maybe 2 x 2TB EcoGreen F4 http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=38561&agid=1284 for storage.

It's still 5TB, just less drives and less upgrading later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

LOL.

Unless your're a pro/semi-pro photographer shooting in raw that is very silly.

+1

And 1tb for music? You couldn't listen to that much in a lifetime!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Morf3h wrote: »
    +1

And 1tb for music? You couldn't listen to that much in a lifetime!

FLAC :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

alch wrote: »
    Corsair Dominator-GT Memory - 4 GB : 2 x 2 GB - DIMM 240-PIN - DDR3 = €122.10
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

FLAC :p

Or even wave files... Got an absolute crapload of them on mine eating up space (promo DJ material)
    Kind of pointless questioning why anybody needs that kind of space, we all have our own particular uses for our PCs that other users might not "get"... Might as well just help the guy out by suggesting good alternatives

I'd personally go with the suggestion of 1x 1TB Spinpoint F3 and 2x 2TB Spinpoint F4 ecogreen as Moon54 suggested

Spinpoints are nice and quiet, but why have 5 of them when you can have 3 drawing less power and making less noise...

Advertisement