Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow

• 23-01-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

It's a 5-seater. Here are the candidates (Subject to change)

Fianna Fail
    Pat Fitzgerald
    Dick Roche TD

Fine Gael
    Billy Timmons TD
    Andrew Doyle TD
    Simon Harris

Labour
    Anne Ferris
    Conal Kavanagh
    Tom Fortune

Sinn Fein
    John Brady

Greens
    Niall Byrne

Others of note:
    Joe Behan TD
    Nicky Kelly

Definitely 2 there for FG already and Harris is a strong candidate with big support in Greystones that could hamper Tom Fortune's chance of election, they could well get 3 here. Labour have done well in opinion polls here but how that will transfer given Liz McManus' retirement is anyone's guess. They should however win 1 seat at the very least. I wouldn't rate Sinn Fein or the Greens with any real chance here.

Will Dick Roche lose his seat? Also it is not yet known if Joe Behan will run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Voltwad wrote: »
    It's a 5-Definitely 2 there for FG already and Harris is a strong candidate with big support in Greystones that could hamper Tom Fortune's chance of election, they could well get 3 here. Labour have done well in opinion polls here but how that will transfer given Liz McManus' retirement is anyone's guess. They should however win 1 seat at the very least. I wouldn't rate Sinn Fein or the Greens with any real chance here.

Wouldnt be so sure of that - Brady has huge support in Bray where the population is.

The Bray labour vote for Ferris should put her above Fortune in the first prefs and be elected with his transfers

So I would say

Doyle
    Timmins
    Ferris
    Brady
    Roche or Behan ahead of Harris

Brady's downfall will be a lack of transfers.
    There are 3 fg candidates,very few of theirs will go his way.
    Labour has 3 candidates so by the time they all flow amongst each other,Brady will be depending on FF transfers if any.
    I wouldn't be confident of him being elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Does anybody know much about Stephen Donnelly? Solely based on his policies, he seems decent, and I am strongly considering voting for him right now.

In the grand scheme of things, FG X2, Labour will get at least one (I'd hope Ferris), SF might nick a seat and FF too.

NOTE: I am in no way linked to Stephen Donnelly or any other politicians.

EDIT: Looking at John Brady's website, using terms like "feckless halfwits", while true, surely cannot be expected to get elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I don't know Simon Harris personally (only from the odd mention in the Bray People really), but I'd consider giving him my first choice if I was still living in the constituency. Honestly though I actually have little faith in any of the main political parties :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Billy Timmins is the only one that does anything and has any interest in West Wicklow.
    For that reason alone this side of the mountains will vote for him anyway!

Id hate Enda as Taoiseach though...

Havent decided myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Billy Timmins is the only one that does anything and has any interest in West Wicklow.

Havent decided myself!
    West Wicklow consists of more than Baltinglass ;)

West Wicklow is badly lacking in representation. I've only seen Tom Fortune out in Blessington thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

West Wicklow is badly lacking in representation. I've only seen Tom Fortune out in Blessington thus far.

Correct! Billy Timmins was handing out his leaflet outside my daughters school ,but I haven't seen anyone else in the area ,just election posters

Mushy wrote: »
    EDIT: Looking at John Brady's website, using terms like "feckless halfwits", while true, surely cannot be expected to get elected.

Sure his supporters will lap that up.

At the locals count in Greystones last time round there was a lot stronger language than that aimed by the Brady camp at the defeated green candidate in particular

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭brendankelly

What about Gerry Kinsella and Pat Kavanagh of Fis Nua???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

im living in west wicklow,
    and iv never seen any of them in the 12 years im here !!!!

never even a one at the door come election time !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Impressed with Donnelly when I saw him on VB - seems to actually have ideas for the future (gasp!)

Hope he takes one of the 5 seats.

Impressed with Donnelly when I saw him on VB - seems to actually have ideas for the future (gasp!)

Any link as I'd like to see this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

So once again Labour are fielding 3 Candidates to split their own vote.

Back in previous elections when it was the "Lady Wicklow, Jimmy O'Shaughnessy, Nicky Kelly" ticket, there were 2 seats there for the taking had the votes of the latter 2 been combined.

This time it will be no differentm Labour to get 1 seat.

As for the rest, I'm thinking FG x 3 plus 1 x FF, that being Dick Roche.

So once again Labour are fielding 3 Candidates to split their own vote.

Back in previous elections when it was the "Lady Wicklow, Jimmy O'Shaughnessy, Nicky Kelly" ticket, there were 2 seats there for the taking had the votes of the latter 2 been combined.

This time it will be no differentm Labour to get 1 seat.

As for the rest, I'm thinking FG x 3 plus 1 x FF, that being Dick Roche.

Please no!

I remember him coming to my school when there was a function on and the President was coming too. He did the usual appearance for some publicity. Seats on the stage were for the organisers/principal etc, and there were 3 seats at the front, one for myself and 2 other students as we had to make a presentation.

When the goon realised there was no seat for him on the stage (something he was perturbed about), he went to sit in my seat. Knowing damn well who he was, what he was doing there, I gladly took my opportunity with a smart arsed 'Eh, these are reserved for myself and these students here'. The look on his face, wish I had a camera. The look on my parents face two rows back was nearly just as good.

Please no!

I remember him coming to my school when there was a function on and the President was coming too. He did the usual appearance for some publicity. Seats on the stage were for the organisers/principal etc, and there were 3 seats at the front, one for myself and 2 other students as we had to make a presentation.

When the goon realised there was no seat for him on the stage (something he was perturbed about), he went to sit in my seat. Knowing damn well who he was, what he was doing there, I gladly took my opportunity with a smart arsed 'Eh, these are reserved for myself and these students here'. The look on his face, wish I had a camera. The look on my parents face two rows back was nearly just as good.

Ok.... well, that aside....

Roche is still a very competent and respected politician.

I rekon if FF's private polling had him facing defeat he would probably have stepped down rather than running again.

He's also the only candidate to ever knock on my door.
    He spoke for a good while and was very informative.
    (I didnt vote for him of course :p )

I wonder if the other Bray/Greystones candidates will step outside their geographical comfort zones and visit other parts of the county they aspire to represent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

he's getting lots of publicity. He was on with VB, radio a couple of times (national and local).
    Established politicians would cut off their own hand and eat it raw to get the sort of coverage he's getting.

The Sindo gave him a nice puff piece as well.

He can't say he didn't get a lot of coverage, when the election and he wasn't elected. I can't see him being elected.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jimm55

I rekon if FF's private polling had him facing defeat he would probably have stepped down rather than running again.

I wonder if the other Bray/Greystones candidates will step outside their geographical comfort zones and visit other parts of the county they aspire to represent.
    I live in Donegal. 12 years ago I wrote all the T.D.s about a serious problem, that I had at the time. The only one, of the whole bunch that really bothered to help me was Dick Roche. He stuck with it, like a dog with a bone, over the following months until it was sorted out. When the chips are down, that's the time you really know who your friends are. I will be forever grateful to him. I only wish we had somebody half as helpful around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jimm55

I live in Donegal. 12 years ago I wrote all the T.D.s about a serious problem, that I had at the time. The only one, of the whole bunch that really bothered to help me was Dick Roche. He stuck with it, like a dog with a bone, over the following months until it was sorted out. When the chips are down, that's the time you really know who your friends are. I will be forever grateful to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭craigybagel

Please no!

Sir, I salute you!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saibhne

Any link as I'd like to see this.

hi Mushy,

A lot of media coverage on his website: www.stephendonnelly.ie

link to Vincent Browne clip is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su0e5ATR0qY

he's got my vote..

S.

• Advertisement

SF should adopt the Fis Nua ideas

Our Fis Nua (New Vision) is to create a new sustainable economy based on our natural resources (i.e. gas and oil, forestry, agriculture, solar power, wave energy), and to give a voice to local communities in decision making by having Aarhus Convention (Local Agenda 21) transposed into Irish Law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I heard a great one about Dick Roche: "He'd go to the opening of an envelope." Also, I've never had him knock at my door.

Big mistake by Labour, imo, running three candidates. Best to go for the two as there's a high chance they can get both them. Timmins should be re-elected no bother. Again, I think FG would be better off just running two candidates. I reckon Roche will get re-elected (*shudders*) and probably another FFer who'll say he couldn't do anything about what was happening.

If my grandparents are anything to go by, FF still have loads of votes out there. Supposedly, Rathnew is a big FF place too.

Supposedly, Rathnew is a big FF place too.

Rathnew is very small though.
    approx 2000 people.

Its also very "rough around the edges"...... oh who am I kidding!... its a hole! :p

accordingly its less likely to have a larger than normal amount of registered voters and such areas tend to have lower turnouts aswell.

I was very surprised by the boards election poll, this Donnelly guy is way out in front. His policies are a ok.
    Wont stand a chance come election day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

My call.....
    Timmins
    Ferris
    Doyle
    Roche

Then a dog fight, I wouldn't like to bet on the last seat, its between Harris, C Kavanagh, Brady and Behan.

A very experienced politico told me weeks ago there will be no change in Wicklow this time, i.e.

1 FF
    1 Lab
    2 FG
    1 Ind

A very experienced politico told me weeks ago there will be no change in Wicklow this time, i.e.

1 FF
    1 Lab
    2 FG
    1 Ind

I think your pretty much spot on.
    Though I think Harris will make it 3 FG TDs at the expense of an independent.

Our last attempt at an independent TD, the dire Mildred Fox has put me off ever voting Independent again.

I'm going to quote myself.
    5 mins ago, who should call to the door, but once again Dick Roche.
    He was soaked to the skin.

Its hard to fault his work ethic..... though again I wont be voting for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Dick Roche is a terrible politician. Look at these lies

To see him embarassingly tell the foreign press lies about the IMF was embarassing .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSRnZbEHYJg

I hope he doesnt get in !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

raymon wrote: »
    Dick Roche is a terrible politician. Look at these lies

To see him embarassingly tell the foreign press lies about the IMF was embarassing .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSRnZbEHYJg

I hope he doesnt get in !!!

Shameful stuff I agree. There was loads of examples of these lies including this - he said there was no basis for Ireland to be aplying to the IMF ot assistance only a matter of days before we did. He said it was nothing more than speculation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eibkol0J3Ns

Dick did more damage than D Ahern with his 'fiction' crap because he denied it on endless international news stations and gave the impression the Irish were in total denial and stupid. For such an educated man - his level of delusion and lack of shame is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

This is what it sounded like to the outside world :

This man is a clown

Channel 4 : Are the IMF bailing out Ireland ?

Dick Roche : Ooooooh to be shure to be shure theyre not

Channel 4 : But they are in Dublin ?

Dick Roche : Ooooooh diddley idle doo

Channel 4 : You are not making sense

Dick Roche : Ohhh to be shure to be shure you know yourself

Channel 4 : Are you a complete clown ?

Dick Roche : Ah holy god and his saints in heaven have another cup of tea and stop with those auld IMF questions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bojetta

I think wicklow will be a dogfight with 25 candidates fighting for 5 seats

I think that no candidate will reach a quota on the first count and that Anne Ferris (LAB) will be first past the post as her two colleagues will be eliminated around count 7/8

Then Billy Timmons is guaranteed for FG - (West Vote)
    Then Andrew Doyle FG for (East Vote) helped by Conal Kavanagh (LAB) Transfers

seat fours and five will be eitherBehan & Harris
    or
    Roche & Brady

If Joe Behan (IND FF) makes it John Brady (SF) will lose out to Simon Harris (FG)
    If Dick Roche (FF) makes it Simon Harris (FG) will lose to John Brady (SF) as brady should pick up a lot of transfers from Behan's working class vote

People should vote on the real issues. FF, FG and Labour have stated that my grandchildren will have to pay for the gambling debts of foreign gamblers so they are first from the bottom. The next issue is the sale of my grandchildren's natural assets (oil, gas, forestry, fishing etc) For example 420,000,000,000 E worth of oil and gas that was given away by FF while FG and Labour slept. And the one and a half million acres of Irish land under forestry now up for sale. And the last issue is reform of local government. Does any of the rest know anything about Local Agenda 21/Aarhus????.

I cant see Simon Donnelly being elected but a lot of his greystones support will transfer to Harris and could elect him. So I am now predicting

Doyle
    Timmins
    Ferris (with transfers from Fortune mainly)
    Brady (transfers from Behan)
    Harris (transfers from Donnelly and FG vote management in South Wicklow)

I'm refusing to call this one. So many possible outcomes. FG running 3 may be overkill and Doyle may lose out if Harris gets elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Foolish for people to think Behan won't get re-elected.

A lot of Wicklow people will give him #1 safe in their own minds that they are not giving it to a 'official' FFer. That will be the mindset of these voters - like it or not (and I don't btw).

Same story will happen with Mattie McGrath in Tipp South and so on.

A lot of Wicklow people will give him #1 safe in their own minds that they are not giving it to a 'official' FFer. That will be the mindset of these voters - like it or not (and I don't btw).

There is a view that he was elected that time round on a combination of core FF votes from the county as a whole (which he wont now get) and working class votes from Bray (which he will surely be under pressure from SF on).

• Advertisement

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    There is a view that he was elected that time round on a combination of core FF votes from the county as a whole (which he wont now get) and working class votes from Bray (which he will surely be under pressure from SF on).

Agreed

He doesn't get votes outside of Bray and the lack of the FF machine this time will cost him his seat.

People are beginning to realise that FF and FG are 2 sides of the same a*se and Labour are the bit in the middle. All 3 want us, our children and our children's children to pay the debts of foreign gamblers (the foreign bondholders). Fis Nua and SF are the only parties that are opposed to paying other peoples bills. All the independents should state clearly which side they will take if elected..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Does anybody know much about Stephen Donnelly?

I know a bit about him, in that I've met him a good few times through mutual friends over the years. Last night I did a bit of canvassing for him in Bray, my first time ever knocking on doors for anyone and I'm really glad I did it.

Steve's a really decent skin and I wish that we had a Dail full of people like him.

His 3 main policies would be

- Economics - the bankers debt should not be a public debt. Establish a National Bank just to loan to SMEs

- Education - it can be improved by giving more authority to principals and teachers to make the changes they know are needed

- Political reform - less TDs for starters (down to 120) and more functional legislative system

He has done a Masters in Public Administration in Harvard, and incredibly, the subject of his thesis was how a small country can negotiate with the IMF. He never thought that country would be Ireland.

He only decided to run for election in November, after the IMF came in. He was thinking, if someone with my training and experience can't stand up and go for election, then who will? I wish he had a bit longer to get ready for it, and collect volunteers and funds, since he's really up against it in the constituency. FG are particularly well funded. As far I know, most of the money Steve has spent so far has been his own, and a few small donations.

I'm really pleased to see that he's at the head of the boards.ie poll, but I suspect those voters are a sub group that are very engaged with the issues and read a lot about politics. To that group, I think that Steve is a great candidate.

Unfortunately, I doubt he's well known outside Greystones and without the recognition and the 'what have you done for me lately' factor, any candidate will find it hard to get the number 1s.

Anyone in Bray that's interested in hearing more, or asking him questions about the things that are important to you, is welcome to the Royal Hotel in Bray this evening at 7.30. Roche and Timmins were invited, to debate the issues, but I gather that they have both declined.

If you're reading this thinking that you would like to help Steve to get elected, please contact the office through http://stephendonnelly.ie/ Even to get 5 or 10 more people out canvassing for a few evenings might make all the difference.

Thanks for reading this promotional post of mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Labour have made a major blunder by running 3,2 should have been the number run, Rathnew would now have a bigger Sinn Fein following due to John Snell, Transfers are going to make a major difference, too many hick independents running IMHO, fine gael will get 3 in the door at the Dail Harris topped the poll in the locals and current climate suggests that there's a fine Gael love in at the moment !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

raymon wrote: »
    Dick Roche is a terrible politician.
    He is an absolute embarrassment. On his election posters he calls himself a 'decent man' What the hell does that mean? Are all the others not decent?. When Bertie was Taoiseach Roche at every opportunity was stuck to Berties side like a lap dog, and for his efforts he was demoted.
    Remember how Bertie described Ray Burke as a 'decent man', I'd be careful if I were you Dick it's not the best campaign slogan you could have picked and it stinks of arrogance, which just about sums him up. Fianna Fail MUST be punished, and if there is a God they will be annihilated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Sorry but the people who got this country in to the mess are Irish People pure and simple, Ireland unlike those in France Spain and other European country's don't have an obsession with ownership like us Irish do, even though mac down the road could not afford a mortgage in the long term he went out and got one any way, and don't let me go there concerning the Dunnes Mulryans and so on of this world, we Irish have ourselves to BLAME!
    People should vote on the real issues. FF, FG and Labour have stated that my grandchildren will have to pay for the gambling debts of foreign gamblers so they are first from the bottom. The next issue is the sale of my grandchildren's natural assets (oil, gas, forestry, fishing etc) For example 420,000,000,000 E worth of oil and gas that was given away by FF while FG and Labour slept. And the one and a half million acres of Irish land under forestry now up for sale. And the last issue is reform of local government. Does any of the rest know anything about Local Agenda 21/Aarhus????.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

This election is going to be different from any other! Everyone wan'ts to banish FF from the face of the earth. I think FF won't get a seat in the county, why?
    Dick Roche doesn't seem to be to bothered whether he's in or out, he's getting on and doesn't want to spend the next 5 years in opposition. He's just holding Pat fitzgerald's hand and give his trans-fares over to him. So I believe there will be no FF seat in Wicklow!

Fg 2 seats ; Timmin's, Doyle / Harris to loose out!

Labour 2 seats; Anne Ferris/ Tom Fortune. Conal Kavanagh live to fight another day!

last seat dog fight; for SF's Brady/ Independents Nicky Kelly/ Stephen
    Donnelly/ Joe Behan,

I can't actually say who will win the last seat, I know I'd like to see Nicky Kelly win it.He's been around a long time and I feel he deserves his shot at it.

I liked Joe Behan, but he sided with FF on taking money back from the disabled in the budget!

I think Brady is becoming cunning an bad mouthing people.

I think Stephen Donnelly would be my second choice after Nickey, he's sharp and sounds bright. I was impressed with him when speaking to him on his canvas...
    Good luck to them all...

I actually think Doyle (FG) is in danger of losing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Rathnew is very small though.
    approx 2000 people.

Its also very "rough around the edges"...... oh who am I kidding!... its a hole! :p

accordingly its less likely to have a larger than normal amount of registered voters and such areas tend to have lower turnouts aswell.

I was very surprised by the boards election poll, this Donnelly guy is way out in front. His policies are a ok.
    Wont stand a chance come election day though.

Rathnew is not a hole...Just a little "rough round the edges" as you say. :p
    I would bet Sinn Fein would almost certainly take the majority of votes in the village. The local councillor John Snell is very well liked and respected. A real credit to the party. And they've had a very postive reaction during the canvassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I actually think Doyle (FG) is in danger of losing out.

No Chance....He'll walk in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Auctionmcd

Havent decided myself!
    Billy Timmins does what? He and Fg supports turning Glen Ding into a dump. They are introducing stealth taxes on properties through the County Councils. He was involved in a scandal over rezoning land he owned. What does he do?

I agree. I think the Irish voters are so stupid so as to believe that leopards change their spots. Once a FF'er always one. If he gets elected he will rejoin FF within a week. The problem is that party allegiances count far more to many people than having the common sense to do what is best for the country. FF will be hit hard but a lot of their 'Independant' candidates will escape relatively unscathed. So it is fair to assume that FF candidates running under the FF name will be hit hard but how many are hiding like wolves in sheeps clothing pretending that they are 'Independants' and pretending they never had anything to do with the last 14 years of mismanagement, theft and treason. Long live FF in all their guises for its the Irish electorate who are to blame.

I know Conal Kavanagh and Brady canvassed Blessington. There is a nasty air to this campaign if you look at the poster campaign. There seems to be a lot of Timmins and Fortune posters and whilst travelling from The Blue Gardenia to Arklow I noticed a lot of the other candidates posters torn, turned towards the hedges or discarded on the roadside.
    I predict 2 FG 1 FF 1 Lab with huge scrap for the last seat.
    Unsure as to which Labour party member is safe as it will depend which of them get their head in front on 1st preferences. They will be fighting for the last seat with one of their other candidates.
    Timmins is safe to top poll. This will bring in 1 of his running mates leaving the third to fight for the last seat.
    I class Behan as FF and expect him to get a seat. With Roche fighting for the last seat.
    Independants wont break through this time (I dont class Behan as Independant.) Sinn Fein will probably be in a fight for a seat but will probably fall short.

The last time joe behan was on the front line a few weeks ago,he was praising Fianna Fáil to the hilt and what a great organisation it is and how it's part of Irish life etc etc...

Him and Micheál Martin have 2 things in common,that love and of course pretend amnesia.
    He also voted for the last budget,eu imf deal and a host of other things showing up his departure from FF as a tactical move.
    Yes he'll be back into FF like a shot if re elected.
    Anyone that doesn't like this current government that votes for him is a fool in my opinion.

Havent decided myself!

Just like to draw your attention to what Billy Timmins does for Wicklow.
    http://www.tribune.ie/archive/article/2007/mar/18/wicklow-councillor-accused-of-breaching-ethics-leg/
    He also voted as did all of FG to turn glen ding woods into a dump and is supporting the FG proposal to hand over huge revenue making powers to the County Council (That means your wicklow county council manager will decide how much proprty tax and rates you will pay) NOT sure of the definition but stealth tax springs to mind.

If FG get an overall majority this country will be screwed even more, we have lost our sovereignty now we are going to lose our language, welcome to the new Ireland. Might as well rename the country Europes lapdog or something similar. FG need to go into government as part of a coalition and the other party needs to be strong enough to calm them down as they tend to be very right wing when they are given power and I think capitalism brought this country to its knees because capitalism without regulation is just as bad as socialism or any other ism.

We havent been told the truth in 14 years by our government or our banks and we wont get it now from FG especially Billy Timmins who claims so much but his history tells a different story.

• Advertisement
Advertisement