Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

has anyone got a link to the live count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

best tweet i seen all day

realtonybuckley: RT @Rathbaner: #ge11 #wk Returning officer has ordered a wooden stake and a hammer be brought to count centre in an effort to eliminate Dick Roche #vinb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭ergo

just heard on East Coast fm that they're now going ahead with re-distributing Tom Fortune's votes, still no announcement,some "disquiet" apparently about this

but an announcement of some sort expected "shortly"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Are there no announcements about these?

RTE website is not updating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Not even the above link has updated :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

murpho999 wrote: »
    Are there no announcements about these?

RTE website is not updating!

Thats cos there have been no announcements.
    Some people seem to think that they are just gonna run through the counts and announce it all at the end.

Behan confirmed he had been excluded, but there was no announcement from the RO.

Just heard that fine gaels legal team are at the wicklow count advisng stephen donnelly there are no announcements being made at the count the returning officer is just tellin each indivdual candidate as they are eliminated only the tallymen know the actual numbers thats why no updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

honestly i think this is completely wrong of the RO not to make proper announcements after each count. i don't CARE if she wants to go home to bed. how about openess and accountability, especially after what we have just been through the last 24 hours. it is wrong that she is hopping from count to count and nobody knowing what is going on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

DeVore wrote: »
    Wow..... having screwed the country for 50 million worth of wasted tax payers money on the voting machine scandal.... he says it would be easy if we had electronic voting!! Oh the irony...

DeV.
    Very easy,
    The machine would only have needed to change 2 votes from Fitzgerald to himself, either by repeating the pseudo random shuffle or other mechanism :mad::mad::mad::mad:

is there rules about announcements can this be used to scrap the vote and call for a by-election??

According to RTE reporter just on RTE 2 News there will be a combined announcement after count 15.

Donnolly is the 4 th FGer That's why I'd never vote a independent in ! What aboutthe 2 armed Garda ?

danois wrote: »
    is there rules about announcements can this be used to scrap the vote and call for a by-election??

According to East Coast, its cool if the Candidate gives permission.
    Joe Behan did.

Also Tom Fortune (lab) is being redistributed.
    So he is out too.

Lots of tweets now saying that Armed Gardai are now at the count......this can't be true can it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Shinners must know they're gonna lose:p

Donnelly will need protection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lots of tweets now saying that Armed Gardai are now at the count......this can't be true can it?

it's in case Dick Roach tries to get back in

Not according to the tweeters who are actually there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,295 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Doubt it, be careful about believing tweets, once one goes others follow with the same BS. It is a bit like bloggers who write about someone else blogging who wrote about someone else blogging...

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Not according to the tweeters who are actually there.
    Doubt it, be careful about believing tweets, once one goes others follow with the same BS. It is a bit like bloggers who write about someone else blogging who wrote about someone else blogging...

Well that's why I thought I'd ask here......trust Boards better that Twitter.

Unless the armed Gardai turned up to put Roche out of his misery but discovered he wasn't there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

could be detectives I know one or 2 of them would be armed most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

hdowney wrote: »
    honestly i think this is completely wrong of the RO not to make proper announcements after each count. i don't CARE if she wants to go home to bed. how about openess and accountability, especially after what we have just been through the last 24 hours. it is wrong that she is hopping from count to count and nobody knowing what is going on

Even if Dick Roche hasn't helped matters, this is totally uncalled for by the RO and he/she shouldn't be allowed to do the job again!

Even if Dick Roche hasn't helped matters, this is totally uncalled for by the RO and he/she shouldn't be allowed to do the job again!

i agree whole heartedly. i couldn't get there tonite (which is making it worse) so am sitting here waiting for news and getting nothing. seriously i have a right to know what is going on. not for her to just turn round and say 1,2,3,4,5 were elected good nite. she should b announcing after every count.

parantly is packed in there now and someone started a slow hand clap out of boredom and she threatened to chuck the lot of them out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

danois wrote: »
    best tweet i seen all day

realtonybuckley: RT @Rathbaner: #ge11 #wk Returning officer has ordered a wooden stake and a hammer be brought to count centre in an effort to eliminate Dick Roche #vinb

Dick by name Dick by nature. He lost the plot on this one and his final political act has lent even greater weight to the statement that all political careers end in failure.

What is the latest down there at the count? What count are they now on - no updates on RTE due to the RO not making any announcements I woudl like to see Steven Donnelly get in but reckon he might be pipped at the post by the Fortune transfers to Ferris - but in this election you just cannot tell!

hdowney wrote: »
    i agree whole heartedly. i couldn't get there tonite (which is making it worse) so am sitting here waiting for news and getting nothing. seriously i have a right to know what is going on. not for her to just turn round and say 1,2,3,4,5 were elected good nite. she should b announcing after every count.

parantly is packed in there now and someone started a slow hand clap out of boredom and she threatened to chuck the lot of them out!

They are not going straight through without announcements, according to RTE a corrected 13th count and count 15 announcement is due shortly.

That was 2 hours ago, it looks to me that the returning officier is not giving the result of each count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Is that actually legal? Surely they have to have some kind of transparency with the counts and eliminations?

Is this happening because of Dick Roches strop?

she isnt she is making no announcements

Ficking unreal

gandalf wrote: »
    Is that actually legal? Surely they have to have some kind of transparency with the counts and eliminations?

Is this happening because of Dick Roches strop?

There are apparantly enough legal eagles there so it must be. I would imagine it has something to do with the toys out of the pram from Roche

• Advertisement

live on East Coast now

Shut up whinging all of you.

Results announcement now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

#wk RO starting announcement Wicklow

she is makin an announcement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I can see a re-drawing of boundaries to split wicklow for the next election

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

00044bb4-440.jpg
    2325 The Wicklow faithful amuse themselves with a Mexican wave. Picture from @eamonharbison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭mgmt

What did she announce?

I can see a re-drawing of boundaries to split wicklow for the next election

Any chance we can draw the boundaries of the entire state and become part of Bavaria - it would solve all the problems re the IMF.

jaysus, exact figures shortly but that's pushed Pat Fitzgerald up into the mix, no?

sorry, I'm wrong, ignore that

• Advertisement

mgmt wrote: »
    What did she announce?

Behan and Roche excluded.

Results from count 15 very shortly.

Maybe Tom's awful toupé wanted her to announce.

Jimserm

Brady 8027 Donnelly 7670 Doyle 11087 ferris 7036 Harris 9444 Timmons 10184 14th coun taken from twitter so not sure how correct

Donnelly got BIG transfers from Behan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

http://tinyurl.com/wicklowrecount Courtesy of @skearon who's been updating since it started

Brady 8626
    Donnelly 8576

after 15th count

that's what I heard anyway

nobody with a quota yet

she's going to keep going tonight until complete...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Hope he gets a seat. As long as it's not Ferris's. :)

• Advertisement

good then we will b rid of the bitch and we can get someone new for next time. urgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

ergo wrote: »
    Brady 8626
    Donnelly 8576

after 15th count

that's what I heard anyway

nobody with a quota yet

she's going to keep going tonight until complete...

Getting spicy!!

These official?

But I dont think enough not to be pipped by the labour to labour transfers we wil see from Fortune to Ferris - it will be a pity donnelly sounded like a breath of fresh air and could possibly be one of the independent options for a deal without labour. - or the fallback for a deal without labour when that goes belly up.

Give him a chance, he has 3 counts in about 5 min....:D

again not sure if true but NiallOCo

#WK Dick Roche says he is going to call for a "complete recount" of the vote - no he hasn't done that already by the way!! #ge11

• Advertisement
Advertisement