Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

If by interesting you mean there are at least 5 counts to go before anyone could possibly be elected ;)

http://www.rte.ie/news/election2011/results/wicklow.html11,764

Doyle has gone from 10041 to 10270 on 11 counts
    can't possibly reach the quota of 11,764 for another 5 counts ( and that would require 75% of the votes going to him)

Yeah but the 3 FG's are formalities... It's 4th and 5th that are really going to take shape over the next couple of counts.
    Really Hope Brady gets a chunk from somewhere to move away from Donnelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

hdowney wrote: »
    And I hear that both Enda Kenny and Gerry Adams are gonna b headin to d wicklow count centre soon!!!

A source in FG HQ has told me Enda wont be here today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Will they be finished today ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Really Hope Brady gets a chunk from somewhere to move away from Donnelly.

I'm really hoping for the exact opposite.

Donnelly's a good guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its taking over an hour for like 1000 votes???:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Wicklow staff must be getting paid by the hour

Count 12 now online at http://tinyurl.com/wicklowcount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Down to 318 between Donnelly and Brady now, this could end up horribly close at the end, depending on how the Labour transfers go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Ferris isn't doing as well as I thought she would and one of her two most likely sources of transfers are gone and she's still well down on 4th and 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dannygirl

Nevore wrote: »
    Ferris isn't doing as well as I thought she would and one of her two most likely sources of transfers are gone and she's still well down on 4th and 5th.

Good for Donnelly hopefully. :)

• Advertisement

Hopefully nobody asks for a recount........:eek:

ebbsy wrote: »

Dont even mention that word !

Oh jesus don't even go there! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

DO NOT SAY THINGS LIKE THAT!!! tempt fate!!! i think if someone turned round and asked for one now you would b hunted down and burned at the stake :p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nevore wrote: »

The source was only just eliminated so we havent seen the transfer boost for her as a result yet.

This is going to come down to Steve (a mate of mine as it happens!) and the SF bloke. It may well be decided by the surplus of votes from the three FG guys, which would be good for Steve I think...

DeV.

I have entertained that notion myself. On Morning Ireland, they mentioned Wicklow may have a result by Christmas:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Surely most of the Labour transfers will go to Anne Ferris and she might get a seat...?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

DeVore wrote: »
    The source was only just eliminated so we havent seen the transfer boost for her as a result yet.

This is going to come down to Steve (a mate of mine as it happens!) and the SF bloke. It may well be decided by the surplus of votes from the three FG guys, which would be good for Steve I think...

DeV.
    Sorry, now I'm doubting myself... RTE seems to be confused itself because the twitter says the Lab candidate has been eliminated and his votes are to be distributed, on the 12 count. But the spreadsheet says he was eliminated and that the votes have been distributed. If thats so... Anne Ferris is boned as she go fewer transfers from her colleague that Steve hahaha

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I think that's the reason that the returning officer is doing everything so slowly and carefully. She's an experienced RO, strong legal background, and she knows how important complete accuracy is in the count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

But the spreadsheet says he was eliminated and that the votes have been distributed.

afaik as I know Kavanagh has been eliminated in the last count and his votes are now being distributed to the other candidates.

Sorry, now I'm doubting myself... RTE seems to be confused itself because the twitter says the Lab candidate has been eliminated and his votes are to be distributed, on the 12 count. But the spreadsheet says he was eliminated and that the votes have been distributed. If thats so... Anne Ferris is boned as she go fewer transfers from her colleague that Steve hahaha

DeV.
    No, I was right the first time, they havent distributed his transfers yet.

DeV.

DeV.

Yea was just looking at that, he got more transfers than any of the other s did, from Kavanagh! Looking good. :)

No, I was right the first time, they havent distributed his transfers yet.

DeV.

Thought I saw a tweet saying they had, maybe I'm reading the chart wrong. :(

edanto wrote: »
    I think that's the reason that the returning officer is doing everything so slowly and carefully. She's an experienced RO, strong legal background, and she knows how important complete accuracy is in the count.
    Is that why they misplaced 3 boxes yesterday?! :)

If this comes down to a hundred votes or so, this is going to turn into our Florida over the whole ballot fiasco too...

DeV.

Dannygirl wrote: »
    Thought I saw a tweet saying they had, maybe I'm reading the chart wrong. :(
    If you look in the spread sheet, the column marked "13+/-" has a -3503 amount in it, thats his votes being deducted from him, (cos he's out).

Soon they will put various +xy numbers in the column to show where those votes went.

DeV.

• Advertisement

If you look in the spread sheet, the column marked "12+/-" has a -3503 amount in it, thats his votes being deducted from him, (cos he's out).

Soon they will put various +xy numbers in the column to show where those votes went.

DeV.

After my 3rd or 4th look I just worked it out. :)
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

SF prob wont get many FG surplus but I think Brady will do really well from Behans transfers. Donnelly will do well from other sources, the gap could open up and close again on the next count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Tv3 news just said the count could go on until tomorrow in Wicklow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

oh look tumble weed ==========>

Someone tweeting that there may be a recheck on count 13....:(

• Advertisement

recheck is happening at the moment

By who? Labour not getting as many transfers as they'd like again?

Recheck of Conal Kavanagh's transfer votes takng place #wk

I need a break, my eyes are now offically square. :D

my eyes were square this morn, they are on stalks and dead now!!! can't believe we are having a recount on Kavanaghs. i blame the person on here who mentioned recount ;):D

sure we might have it done by tomorrow :)

gcgirl wrote: »
    sure we might have it done by tomorrow :)

Might being the operative word.

Mushy wrote: »
    I have entertained that notion myself. On Morning Ireland, they mentioned Wicklow may have a result by Christmas:o

Christmas 2011 I presume you mean me ould mushy ?

ah optimism!!! i would say the only people who are ok with it takin so long are those ppl who are having their pockets lined by working on the count!!! woulda loved that job!

Christmas 2011 I presume you mean me ould mushy ?

They said it, not me, so I'd assume so.

beloved employees of Wicklow County Council, say this count goes on till tomorrow who are going to fill their jobs in the County Buildings?

• Advertisement

Monkeys!

I suspect the recount is because there are two FF'ers on very very close vote counts. The one who is eliminated will transfer strongly to the other I presume... putting them up the list and will survive a little longer.

I wont matter of course but still, its nice to see FF falling on each other and trying to throw each other to the wolves, right at the death of things. Warms my cynical heart :)

DeV.

and of course it is Cock Dick Roche as usual stirring. He gets eliminated on the 13th count, isn't happy obvs so has called for a COMPLETE recount. that is right a COMPLETE recount. as in from scratch (from what i can gather) all 24 candidates votes over again!!!! starting at 9am in the morning. :eek::eek::mad:

what in god's name he thinks he is going to achieve is beyond me, other than a lot more people hating him than already do. god knows when this count will end now. mite be christmas at this rate!!! :eek::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I see Roche want's a full re-count because he's been excluded on the 13th ,Jesus H...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Dick Roche has called for a recount. Counting to resume 9am tomorrow.

hdowney wrote: »
    and of course it is Cock Dick Roche as usual stirring. He gets eliminated on the 13th count, isn't happy obvs so has called for a COMPLETE recount. that is right a COMPLETE recount. as in from scratch (from what i can gather) all 24 candidates votes over again!!!! starting at 9am in the morning. :eek::eek::mad:

what in god's name he thinks he is going to achieve is beyond me, other than a lot more people hating him than already do. god knows when this count will end now. mite be christmas at this rate!!! :eek::rolleyes:

For crying out loud, I hope it turns out he has less votes. Sore loser in denial!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Dick Roche has called for a recount. Counting to resume 9am tomorrow.

More FF arrogance

Roche , you were a useless politician. You lied to many foreign tv channels about the IMF Made us look like a nation of liars.

Get out , don't come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

raymon wrote: »
    More FF arrogance

Roche , you were a useless politician. You lied to many foreign tv channels about the IMF Made us look like a nation of liars.

Get out , don't come back

He's throwing his toys out of the pram because this can't happen to him in his eyes "It's my constituency ,It's always been mine ,NOOOOOOOOO!!!" is echoing in his head atm.

Well it has happened ,suck it up Mr Roche ,go home and let the new politicians get on with cleaning up the mess left for them ,you've a decent pension waiting for you ,now feck off please.

does he not understand what YourFFired means urgh wankbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What's the procedure for requesting a recount? Can they be refused? What if they're still not satisfied after the recount .. are there checks in place to ensure the count doesn't go on forever?

Advertisement