Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best take-away in Waterford.. (Now with Poll)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Aarons, I actually tried my first one two weeks ago.

Wierd is the the only word I'd use but def not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Dan133269 wrote: »
    anywhere in town that does deep fried mars bars? never tried them.

As the lads said Arrons,and the supreme pizza place on Barracks street used to do the they could still do its a while since i was in there,i heard Dixies chipper does them too.

I must say the results of this poll are very interesting so far,way better than the election thread :D

Is there a time limit to the poll?

Friday is the night I was gonna go to the winners place so maybe then? Dooleys is a late late runner I see.

Yeah Dooleys and Johnnys are neck and neck,to be honest i wasnt expecting that but sure time will tell :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Vanman1

Right who are the 2 people that dont have souls :D

I was going past Tony's next to the forum earlier and its closed down,its been a while since i was in there but i thought they done well seen as it was in a good spot,i must say its the first chipper in a long while i seen closed down.

My understanding is the Itlian family that ran Tony's had a disput with their landlord as he wanted to increase the rent by a substantial amount so they opted out instead. They still run Tony's chipper in Tramore....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

For a moment I thought that was Dooley's hotel there in the list:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

ziedth wrote: »
    early Results are interesting,

Did I leave out an obvious one that 3 people have voted another?

Have my vote for Dixies under another so that could be a couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

bazual wrote: »
    heard Dixies is almost as nice as cleaboy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Dooley's fish and chips can't be bate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Friday is the night I was gonna go to the winners place so maybe then? Dooleys is a late late runner I see.

Surely you'll be hoping for a 3-way tie so you have to go to each one on Friday night :D

kfallon wrote: »
    Surely you'll be hoping for a 3-way tie so you have to go to each one on Friday night :D

:) hadn't thought of that. I could be in for a great night.

Ledger wrote: »
    Dooley's fish and chips can't be bate!

Even better than the Penguin?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

went to dooleys by the park on Friday evening-wasn't that impressed by the fish to be honest-chips were nice tho,just thought the fish was a bit small,got a kids meal for my little girl-few chips and one sausage-paying the same as a happy meal and its again a bit mean imo(so i wont be rushing back there)

used to love the chips down the end of the folly(the Golden Fry)but was there before Christmas and the chips were stink...have to go there again some time in the hope they have redeemed themselves

Best Chipper: Ballybricken Take-Away
    Best Fish:Johnny Walkers
    Best Chicken: Kentucky
    Best Burger: Burger King/
    Best Battered Sausage:
    Best Pizza: Ginos
    Best Thai:Kambo
    Best Kebab:Istanbul (chef's special)

Biggest disappointment was Eddie Rockets-we went there around last September-i should have gone for one of the burgers but went for the chili
    Jesus H Christ-i got chips with about a teaspoon of sauce on the top,id say less than a tablespoon of mince of it-I should have really complained-it was just mean,mean mean and i don't understand the reasoning behind this-I think it was around 5 or 6 euro,but I feel that a reputation would be built on if the portions were big I would recommend it to someone else or indeed frequent the place more,we don't really go out for much take away but when you do it would be nice to go somewhere where you can get value for money-i think the best places at the moment are Supermacs and Kentucky for family meals,I dont know

Even better than the Penguin?

Ah ritchie ya know me so well! ha

The chips in the Penguin can't be beat but definately dooley's for the fish!

:) hadn't thought of that. I could be in for a great night.

Just book a bed in Ardkeen before Friday!

Ledger wrote: »
    Ah ritchie ya know me so well! ha

The chips in the Penguin can't be beat but definately dooley's for the fish!

I know me chippers all over the south east :D,although i haven't had the fish in there i had chips and sausages and they are very nice.

Dooleys fish is great and you get a nice big piece,i got a fish from Johnny Walkers on Saturday and it was tiny,they seem to be getting smaller and smaller each time i get it.

not a big fan of Johnny Walkers tbh.

my second choice would be Brennan's in Lismore Park, nice chips and plenty of them! Fish is really big too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

seanybiker wrote: »
    heard Dixies is almost as nice as cleaboy

Almost as nice??? I laugh in your general direction lol ;)

Almost as nice??? I laugh in your general direction lol ;)

Dixies will never be as nice as the Cleaboy :)

• Advertisement

No chipper will ever be as nice as The Cleaboy!
    Is that little fine thing still working up there, not been for ages!

No chipper will ever be as nice as The Cleaboy!
    Is that little fine thing still working up there, not been for ages!

Yeah she is still there :D

I'd love to be going out with her,id have her bring home grub every night,and the smell of chips and grease off her hair hmmmmmmmmmm!!!

I've not seen her in a few years but remember when she first turned up, business must have doubled (as if they weren't raking it in anyway!)

Imagine marrying her, the meal at the wedding reception would be a choice between snack box or chicken fillet burger, both come with a side order of battered sausages! :p

I've not seen her in a few years but remember when she first turned up, business must have doubled (as if they weren't raking it in anyway!)

Imagine marrying her, the meal at the wedding reception would be a choice between snack box or chicken fillet burger, both come with a side order of battered sausages! :p

Ha ha

Starter : 2 Battered Sausages

Main meal : Breastbox with a side order of chicken fillet burger

Desert : Chicken curry chip, sausage optional for dipping :)

Someone I know used to swear by the pies in there but I could never bring myself to order one, I would have felt I was leaving the Cleaboy down if I ordered anything other than chicken or battered sausages!

If the Cleaboy doesn't win this vote it'll be a travesty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

STIG83 wrote: »
    It not closed, was in there a few weekends back

Just talking about Emerald Isle again - was down around there last night and was closed. Is it open certain hours during the week?

iseegirls wrote: »
    Just talking about Emerald Isle again - was down around there last night and was closed. Is it open certain hours during the week?

Closes at 10pm on weekday nights,as far as i know.

Gone over the 80 vote mark now,and Dooleys are leading which i must say is unexpected!!,think ill head down there tonight im in the mood for a fish & chip :D

Just Shows how many people lurk the fourm cause is say we only have about 40 odd regular posters.

I'm gonna give the Cleaboy a whirl after this debate down in WIT. I'm thinking a chicken fillet burger and tacco chip but I'm hearing all this talk of snck box's and fish my head is confused :)

• Advertisement

Get a snack box, 2 battered sausages and a curry sauce!

Advertisement