Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best take-away in Waterford.. (Now with Poll)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ShaneM100

STIG83 wrote: »
    What was that place like? i went in there one night and they couldnt cook alot of the things because they had no gas

it was ok, not the best takeaway but not bad . how long ago was that ? (when they had no gas)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

ShaneM100 wrote: »
    it was ok, not the best takeaway but not bad . how long ago was that ? (when they had no gas)

It was definitely over a year and a half ago, i didnt get anything that night think i went to Danny's on Barrack street then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Was surprised with that result myself

I'm not one bit surprised, I'm actually surprised they aren't further out in front. They have easily the best chips and scallops in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

^ If i had a choice to make id go for The Marian, the staff are really nice, they always have a smile and the always greet ya too.
    Angelo is the man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ShaneM100

It was definitely over a year and a half ago, i didnt get anything that night think i went to Danny's on Barrack street then.

no gas to cook food in a chipper , jesus , fairly bad so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

What about Dannys for chips?

Got a delivery earlier this evening and it was'nt chips i've had in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ikeano29 wrote: »
    What about Dannys for chips?

Got a delivery earlier this evening and it was'nt chips i've had in a long time.
    it wasn't chips lol. Dannys do lovely food

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

How in the name of Jaysus is The Cleaboy only joint 3rd now :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I have observed Doolys closes early, what time does it actually close on thursdays specifically:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

any1 know if the emerald is closed for good? hasnt been open for weeks and no sign up on door
    was d best chipper in d town breast box unreal, cant bate it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

No Lombard St chipper? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    any1 know if the emerald is closed for good? hasnt been open for weeks and no sign up on door
    was d best chipper in d town breast box unreal, cant bate it!

Hi Davy, afaik it has moved to Clonmel unfortunately. They should of never left Danny's premises on Barrack St. A shame as it had the best chicken fillet burger in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

They (emerald isle) used to be in tasty bites originally, they were always delicious mmm chips :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

cocoshovel wrote: »
    No Lombard St chipper? :eek:

This place is unreal after being out on the gargle...soaked in vinegar...the chips are something else. The onion rings...6 mother lurking calorie counting heart attacks in a bag....ya can't beat it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

This place is unreal after being out on the gargle...soaked in vinegar...the chips are something else. The onion rings...6 mother lurking calorie counting heart attacks in a bag....ya can't beat it!

Oh yes! And their salad burgers are the best. Ive also heard their kebabs are amazing too, but Im never really out in Waterford so I dont get it that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That really was an unbelievably tight result on that poll.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Only been to the winning chipper once , and the only memory I have is the long wait , and only 1 ahead of me .- about 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

New York Burger Company blows the rest of them out of the water.

Im getting hungry reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

God I don't think I've ever seen "another" win a poll, who the hell decided to limit the answers so much?

God I don't think I've ever seen "another" win a poll, who the hell decided to limit the answers so much?

Whoever it was must have been awfully handsome.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

how on earth did johnny walkers and their award winning microwave burgers top this poll?baffles me,loads of chippers way better than that place in town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

ziedth wrote: »
    Whoever it was must have been awfully handsome.....

They'd want to be, not the brightest spark..

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

anplaya wrote: »
    how on earth did johnny walkers and their award winning microwave burgers top this poll?baffles me,loads of chippers way better than that place in town :)

Have to totally agree here. Johnny walkers has seriously gone down hill in my books since this poll was first taken

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Have to totally agree here. Johnny walkers has seriously gone down hill in my books since this poll was first taken

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Agreed. I couldn't believe it the first time i seen them microwaving a burger.
    Most over rated chipper in the town.
    The one in the glen by the forum is nice except they take an eternity to cook the food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

It probably wasn't open when the poll was put up but Fryday's is definitely in the top 3 chippers in town!! Some chips boi!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Finneen

Delicatos.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

New chipper there beside Dunphys Shop at Manor, "Brennans".

New thread and poll needed maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Sully wrote: »
    New chipper there beside Dunphys Shop at Manor, "Brennans".

Anyone try there yet??

Advertisement