Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best take-away in Waterford.. (Now with Poll)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

humdingers on the dunmore road is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Does anyone remember the chipper van that used to do the rounds a good few years back? It used to stop on Arbor Road Lisduggan and for 50p you get a bag of scallops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

deise48 wrote: »
    humdingers on the dunmore road is unreal

I haven't given here a try yet even though it's very close to where I live. Think it's an awful name too.

I've developed a fondness for Supermac's after moving out to the Dunmore Road. Got takeaway from Danny's for the first time in years a while back and I have to say it was tasty enough. Still rank The Cleaboy as the best chipper though.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

anplaya wrote: »
    how on earth did johnny walkers and their award winning microwave burgers top this poll?baffles me,loads of chippers way better than that place in town :)

Actually not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

^^^absolutely is,if not ,ya must not have any tastebuds/be the owner of the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

michellie wrote: »
    Anyone try there yet??

just back no prices up or menu yet its open,only prices up were 2 battered sausages and chips for 3e and fish and chips 6e.decided just to get a bag of chips meself,wasnt too hungry.they were grand nothing special,but thats only one thing though.saying that if the chips were just alright,does that mean the rest of the menu is?kinda had a dooleys feel about it,maybe that was just the fish boxes,they look the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

Best Chipper:It's between Johnny Walkers & The Cleaboy Chipper,but when it comes down to it ill go with Walkers.

Best Chips:Same again between the top two,but i will go with the Cleaboy this time.

Best Fish: dooleys especially after a long walk with the dog in tramore (boy!)

Best Battered Sausages: again, dooleys or the cleyboy chipper but i rarely go there it's kind of out of the way

Best Burger: Mc Donalds all the way. You kow exactly what your gonna get, never dissapointed although usually left feeling remorseful.

Best chicken breast,burger etc: Would have to say the Marian, the chicken is really tasty and the fillet is hugE! yum yum!

Best Pizza: Large pizza for a tenner...it's apache! Sunday night ritual , they know the order by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Best Chipper:Probally walkers, havent had them in a while.

Best Chips:Not to sure who does the best chips these days, I find a lot of the chippers can be very hit or miss. The best chips of all time were cunninginghams in Tramore when they were open.

Best Fish: Dooleys(Tramore).

Best Battered Sausages: Dooleys.

Best Burger: Not sure about now, but Aarans used do unreal burgers.

Best chicken breast,burger etc: Dooleys.

Best sandwich Subway

Best Pizza: Has to be Ginos.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Sashiee wrote: »
    Best Chipper:It's between Johnny Walkers & The Cleaboy Chipper,but when it comes down to it ill go with Walkers.

Best Chips:Same again between the top two,but i will go with the Cleaboy this time.

Best Fish: dooleys especially after a long walk with the dog in tramore (boy!)

Best Battered Sausages: again, dooleys or the cleyboy chipper but i rarely go there it's kind of out of the way

Best Burger: Mc Donalds all the way. You kow exactly what your gonna get, never dissapointed although usually left feeling remorseful.

Best chicken breast,burger etc: Would have to say the Marian, the chicken is really tasty and the fillet is hugE! yum yum!

Best Pizza: Large pizza for a tenner...it's apache! Sunday night ritual , they know the order by now!

You have terrible taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Creamsoda wrote: »
    You have terrible taste.

His chicken burger is spot on TBF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Best Chipper: Don't have a favourite really.

Best Chips: Fryday's without a doubt. They use some sort of oil that is a lot less fattening than normal chippers but it makes the chips nice n' crispy on the outside but maintains fluffiness on the inside!

Best Fish: Dooley's

Best Battered Sausages: Dooley's. They're small but perfectly formed, lol

Best Burger: Probably Cleaboy, but love how Fryday's use baps with a light sprinkling of flour rather than a trad. bun. Also they're Whirly (Battered) Burger can be a nice occasional treat.

Best chicken breast,burger etc: Don't really get Chicken Burgers but Stan's Tasty Bites in Kilcohan does a Chicken Meat & Chips that is to die for. Grilled Marinated Chicken with homemade Garlic & Chilli Sauce, nomnomnom.

Best Pizza: Love a Domino's Double Decadence!

Best Chinese: Johnny Fan's over the Uluru

I'm hungry now!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

I see "another" is still neck and neck with Johnny Walkers, what a poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

were is frydays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

were is frydays

On the Carrickphierish Rd. in Gracedieu, it used to be called Dixie's Takeaway

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Best Chipper: Cleaboy

Best Chips: Golden Fry ( I like the crispy bits)

Best Fish: Dooleys

Best Battered Sausages: Cleaboy

Best Burger: Not a fan of beef burgers in chippers but Geoffs(sorry Ziedth) Brie cheese burger or Flames bacon and cheese burger are excellent.

Best chicken breast,burger etc: Marian or Danny's

Best sandwich Geoff's chicken salad on brown

Best Pizza: Gino's

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

batm!ke wrote: »
    On the Carrickphierish Rd. in Gracedieu, it used to be called Dixie's Takeaway

I must investigate this.....Fry......Days.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Best Chipper: O'Sheas Dunmore, technically not in the city I often make my way out there for the chips! Failing that Dooleys @the park

Best Chips: Dooleys

Best Fish: O'sheas Dunmore

Best Battered Sausages: Aarons

Best Burger: Lombard Street

Best chicken: Cove Bar Chicken Goujans Nom

Best Pizza: Ginos

Best Chinese: Silver Star, haven't had a chinese in years but distinctively remember they had a dish I was addicted to #52 and chips, had all meats in it deep fried in a satay sauce... was top class, must go in later actually and get that

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

michellie wrote: »
    Anyone try there yet??

Yup, twas nice. I cant recall exactly what herself though of the fish but I liked the battered sausages and chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

They open at lunch time on a Fryday believe it or not. If you are gonna try anything have the Frydays King Burger, its nicest burger in Waterford imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Fridays is my new fav !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

bazual wrote: »

They open at lunch time on a Fryday believe it or not. If you are gonna try anything have the Frydays King Burger, its nicest burger in Waterford imo.
    Fridays is lovely alright I must try that king burger.
    Couldn't be the nicest burger in town though. New York burger company burgers are the best burgers I've had in Ireland. Closest to a proper American burger you will get.
    It's a bit more expensive then your average chipper but the wings are smashing too it's well worth the extra few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

This Fryday's place is getting a lot of positive reaction. I might have to drive out and sample it at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

anplaya wrote: »
    ^^^absolutely is,if not ,ya must not have any tastebuds/be the owner of the place.

Neither tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭eagerv

Come on lads, you are making me hungry. Cant get any decent chips here in Borneo!!

My vote goes to Dannys for Chips and Walkers for Fish.

Yum Yum.... Homesick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 muppetmaster

Florino's in Lismore park had become one of my favourites, it opened as a pizzeria but later added burgers and chips etc to the menu, the chips were so nice and the food was alll freshly cooked,, unfortunately for them though an objection went in and they had to stop serving chips and burgers, still go there though their philly steak sandwich and wedges are to die for:)

Florino's in Lismore park had become one of my favourites, it opened as a pizzeria but later added burgers and chips etc to the menu, the chips were so nice and the food was alll freshly cooked,, unfortunately for them though an objection went in and they had to stop serving chips and burgers, still go there though their philly steak sandwich and wedges are to die for:)

Are the staff friendly?

Yes the staff are friendly too, seem to be an Italian family running it all very polite.

Yes the staff are friendly too, seem to be an Italian family running it all very polite.

Why was there an objection to them selling chips and burgers?

Why was there an objection to them selling chips and burgers?[/QUOTE

Don't know to be honest but they did have a sign up stating that they could no longer sell burgers and chips due to a court ruling brought about by an objection by Brennans chipper.

• Advertisement

Why was there an objection to them selling chips and burgers?[/QUOTE

Don't know to be honest but they did have a sign up stating that they could no longer sell burgers and chips due to a court ruling brought about by an objection by Brennans chipper.

Right yeah, heard one horror story about the staff in that Floinos place but i've never been there so must try it out for myself, sounds good.

Advertisement