Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Rovers v WBA with added Allardyce and Holloway

• 23-01-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭

When I seen the studio guests I thought this was worth its own thread.

Teams.
    Blackburn

• 01 Robinson
    • 03 Olsson
    • 04 Samba
    • 05 Givet
    • 27 Salgado
    • 02 Jones
    • 08 Dunn
    • 12 Pedersen
    • 09 Kalinic
    • 18 Santa Cruz
    • 23 Hoilett

West Brom

• 13 Myhill
    • 03 Olsson
    • 04 Cech
    • 30 Tamas
    • 36 Jara
    • 07 Morrison
    • 11 Brunt
    • 14 Thomas
    • 21 Mulumbu
    • 33 Scharner
    • 24 Odemwingie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Nice one, cant wait to see what TheBig_Sam has to say about Holloway, I was in bits after what he said about Southgate:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Any apology from Keys and Gray - any mention at all of yesterday's remarks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Blackburn Rovers v WBA with added Allardyce and Holloway

What a shit Super Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Very nice Xavi6, very nice indeed. Nice to know how you feel about my club.

Holloway is like a troll so far. Every time he is asked a question he manages to start on how ridiculous it was to sack Sam.:D Sam is having none of it though, fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

eagle eye wrote: »
    Very nice Xavi6, very nice indeed. Nice to know how you feel about my club.

Come on, Blackburn v West Brom is the only game today when usually there's at least three. It's hardly an appealing prospect at the best of times, and even less so when you throw those other two into the mix.

So it is a crap Sunday of Premier League football in terms of content and appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Jones looks to be trying a bit too hard early on here, a little off the pace too, needs to try settle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Xavi6 wrote: »

Darren Bent is better than 'arry missus, you gotta laugh xavi !:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

THFC wrote: »
    Nice one, cant wait to see what TheBig_Sam has to say about Holloway, I was in bits after what he said about Southgate:D:D

TheBig_Sam is a good laugh.Just after looking at his page its top notch today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Own Goal!

1-0 Blackburn

• Advertisement

We'll take it, we have been the better side I think. I'm biased so not sure.:)

Happy with the first half performance, hopefully we can kick on and finish this off. Junior Hoilett looks better every time I see him play. Still only 20 so a big future ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Hoillet and Ollson have been very impressive. Salgado still has it too.

Happy with the first half performance, hopefully we can kick on and finish this off. Junior Hoilett looks better every time I see him play. Still only 20 so a big future ahead of him.

Hoilett has had a great game so far, and as you say looks better the more he plays.

Delighted to see him back winning the ball outside his own box at one stage after a misplaced pass by himself all the way up the other end. The team are working really well for each other.

Salgado having a great game too, hard to believe his age when he is racing up and down the wings! Olsson the same on the other side, so much energy and effort all around really.

Santa Cruz looks well up for it, putting in a great shift so far. I think Blackburn had the better of the first half, it just hasn't clicked yet!

A win here would be massive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Myhill was the star of the first half for me. Shame to see him beaten by his own man! It was an unreal header though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

great strike there. Ball swerves all over the shop

Too much power and swerve on that,

couldn't have asked for a better start to the 2nd half!

Damn didn't want to miss any of Big Sam and Holloway so went for a coffee and missed the second goal.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Decent match. People are very quick to criticize Blackburn but they've been great so far.

Great save from Robbo there.

• Advertisement

Jason and Roque partnership. Watch out West Brom. Great to see Steven N'Zonzi back. Niko played well I thought.

Salgado got roasted there but another fine save from Robinson.

stone wall penalty

Lucky there, should have been a penalty!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Shocking by the ref with the penalty that wasn't there. West Brom barely even reacted though. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Shocking by the ref with the penalty that wasn't there. West Brom barely even reacted though. :confused:

That's male referees for you. They just don't understand the penalty/free kick rule!!

Its was not a penalty, Mark Clattenburg got it right. The ball was never in the area and it has to be for it to be a penalty.

Its was not a penalty, Mark Clattenburg got it right. The ball was never in the area and it has to be for it to be a penalty.

Where have you learned this?

I don't know the rules, I would have called it a penalty, I am under the impression the position of the foul relates to where the foul took place and not where the ball was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Where have you learned this?

I don't know the rules, I would have called it a penalty, I am under the impression the position of the foul relates to where the foul took place and not where the ball was.

That was my understanding of the rules too.

If a defender and attacker are in the box awaiting a cross, what's to stop the defender knocking over the attacker deliberately if the punishment will be a free in?

• Advertisement

Very impressed with that today. I no longer have any doubts about Steve Kean, we are playing very well now. And his loan signing of Jermaine Jones already looks good, great debut for him in the Premier League. Hopefully he is here to stay based on that performance.

But for me Junior Hoilett was the star of the show. We had a lot of impressive performances but Hoilett was just at a different level all game. Robbo will a couple of great stops. Moment of the match for me was Samba's best impression of Lionel Messi on the edge of the West Brom box.:D

Very impressed with that today. I no longer have any doubts about Steve Kean, we are playing very well now. And his loan signing of Jermaine Jones already looks good, great debut for him in the Premier League. Hopefully he is here to stay based on that performance.

But for me Junior Hoilett was the star of the show. We had a lot of impressive performances but Hoilett was just at a different level all game. Robbo will a couple of great stops. Moment of the match for me was Samba's best impression of Lionel Messi on the edge of the West Brom box.:D

I was never worried about Kean getting the job, as i like to give people a chance, I was just worried about the stage show following us if we were being linked with the likes of Marradona and the likes.

I'm delighted he has been given the job for stability reasons and now the players know what is what, also for himself he can plan and mould with a longer plan than trying to impress in 6 months.

We played some great football today, there is already a considerable difference in the way Allardyce was playing, it is akin to two chefs been given a set of ingredients, the resulting dish does not always have to be the same.

Hoilett and Olsson can be key players for us the rest of the season, Jones done his job very well and picked up the sponsors man of the mach, hard to see his effect as he wasn't being involved creatively, but his discipline allowed Olsson and Salgado when he was on to get forward with great effect.

Kalinic and Santa Cruz will be a great partnership, especially if we continue to play that diamond type formation with a fit Dunn or maybe even Hoilett behind them.

7th in the table now, alright we have played at least 1 game more than all those below us, but i'd much rather have the points than be looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

had to be a penalty! strange thing was that the west brom players didnt seem to react at all.

Very happy with the result today, 3 points, 2 goals, clean sheet, no injuries or even bookings, fantastic performance by hoillett who just got Barclays man of the match, steady debut for jones, Roque played very well and his touch was excellent all day!

Pedersen was probably our weakest player today and he still played well, just thought he was a little lazy with his touches and passes at times.

great to see N'zonzi back as well

Advertisement